Day-Of, Full, Partial

About Harper Events

Savvy. Stylish. Fun!

Harper Events is a savvy, fun and stylish full-service wedding planning company based in Houston, Texas. Founded by Hedi Shankleton, her team focuses on hard work and dedication. They thrive on individual style and creativity. Regardless of the size of your wedding, Harper Events can customize a package that fits your needs and budget. The company offers complimentary consultations to prospective clients.

Hedi’s team can plan ceremonies, receptions and rehearsal dinners for civil, eco-friendly, destination and military weddings. The skilled four-person team that makes up Harper Events offers several different services to help all of your wedding events run smoothly. Hedi's services include the following:

• Day-of coordinator

Rehearsal Dinner (2)
Day-Of Coord. (1)
Partial Planning (1)
Civil (1)

Let me start off by saying I heard more than once that my daughters wedding from start to finish was PERFECT! Even though it was taking place 600+ miles from where I, MOB, currently lived. My daughter interviewed Hedi with Harper Events. Before she was barely out of the interview she said "I Love Her and I think she would be perfect for us". It was important to my daughter that she found a planner that not only had been a bride but was willing to work with our budget. Many "planners" have not actually been brides yet! Suffice it to say several other "big name planners" in Houston would not really even talk to her about her wedding unless we increased our budget by $10,000. Hedi never had any issue with where we were financially and she truly wanted to make my daughters dreams come true. Hedi not only paved the way for my sweet daughter with setting up and attending interviews with wonderful yet more affordable vendors. Hedi helped point out the important things and where we would get the most impact for our budget. With her working locally I did not have to travel to Houston as many times, yes saving us money! The work she did locating vendors and negotiating contracts, added to the travel expense savings for us, actually paid for her fee in cost savings! As distance proved somewhat difficult Hedi had no problem face timing, videoing and taking pictures to send me if I could not be there. Thank you Hedi for not only making my daughters dreams come true but becoming part of our extended family! We miss you!

Profile Picture Karen, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception

Hedi of Harper Events was FABULOUS! My younger daughter, the maid of honor, called Hedi a ROCK STAR! Hedi listened attentively to the bride's desires and dreams for her wedding, and guided us accordingly. She gave her honest input, but always allowed us the freedom to choose what worked best for us. The day of the wedding, Hedi made my day as the mother of the bride, completely stress free. This is what I wanted...someone to tell me what to do and just enjoy the event. Hedi found me before each event - loading the busses, first dance, cutting of the cake, etc. - to let me know what was about to happen so my husband and I would miss nothing. We were able to just enjoy each moment without worrying about anything! Hedi and her assistant, Heidi, were extremely professional and kind. When the wedding was over, I had a bell cart waiting for me with gifts, cards, bags, all our belongings among other things ready for me to leave the reception. I highly recommend Hedi and will definitely use her again with my next daughter!!!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Reception, Day-Of Coord.

Harper Events FAQ