Chula Vista, Chula Vista, CA 91909 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About HairSpray Studio

HairSpray Studio is a business based in Chula Vista, California, offering onsite hair and makeup services for clients in the San Diego area and beyond. Owner Sara Ortega and her professional team specialize in providing wedding beauty services while featuring an eye for detail and a commitment to customer satisfaction. They delight in working closely with to-be-weds to help them to look and feel their best as they prepare to say “I do.”

HairSpray Studio strives to provide the highest level of professionalism for each and every client, delivering a memorable experience and exceptional customer service. Their services include a consultation, airbrush and contour makeup, as well as false lashes and hair styling. Each client will receive a makeup trial prior to their big day to ensure their look is exactly the way they want it. HairSpray Studio can travel to ceremony and reception locations at no additional cost and can work with up to 12 clients at a time.

Follow HairSpray Studio on
qw4a1763 2 51 904377 161176597417035

23 Reviews for HairSpray Studio

• Samantha

Samantha J. · Married on 10/11/2020

1000% satisfied! Exceeded expectations!

Absolutely fabulous experience!
    I contracted Sara for my wedding in 2020. As a 2020 bride, so much had gone awry, and our 250 guest wedding was restricted to a 20 person max guest list.
    All I desperately wanted was to have beautiful photographs that I could share with all our “would be guests” that were cut due to COVID.
    This meant that hair and makeup HAD to be absolutely perfect. No pressure, right?! Spoiler: Sara and her team left me speechless!

Hair and makeup was done for myself (the bride), mother of bride, mother of the groom, and my two sisters (mid to late 20’s). My biggest concern going into it was the age range of my ladies: I wanted to make sure “my mothers” felt comfortable and confident with their looks (not too much makeup but also not too little or old fashioned). I also wanted my sisters to feel free to make “modern” requests for their hair and makeup... which meant I needed to hire a stylist that had the skill set to do EVERYTHING in all styles.
    Sara and her team delivered beyond anything I could have imagined.
    Extremely talented, exceptional listeners, creative, patient, and fun; not to mention the bullseye execution! Everyone left looking like movie stars!

Sent on 10/17/2020
  • Becky

Becky L. · Married on 10/10/2020

Beautiful Hair and Makeup!

I was a pandemic bride, but I didn't know that at the time when I booked HairSpray Studio.

I am generally a no-fuss kinda gal who doesn't wear makeup and has only two hairstyles: up and down. I knew that I wanted to get my hair and makeup done for my wedding, but I was overwhelmed on what I actually wanted since I didn't really know much about getting these services done. I had tried one other hair and makeup artist, which I liked, but I didn't walk away from with a feeling of - "this is it". I stumbled across HairSpray Studio and I was in complete awe by the photos and reviews. I was really looking for someone who could do both my hair and makeup and I knew I had to get a trial!

During my trial, Sara took the time to ask me questions about the venue, dress, and my overall personality to make sure she gave me the best look possible. She was so kind and patient and asked my opinion along the way to make sure we got it just right. I was completely in love with the trial, so much that my then-fiancé got dressed up and we went out on a nice date. I got a lot of complements on the hair and makeup while we were out.

I booked HairSpary Studio a few months before the pandemic hit and Sara was so kind to check in periodically to see how I was doing and what the status of the wedding was given the global crisis. She was always quick to respond and very sweet.

Sara gave me a timeline for hair and makeup for myself, my mother, and my mother-in-law a few days before the wedding. Sara showed up on time and got straight to work on the hair and makeup of the moms. Neither of the moms are used to getting their makeup done so Sara was able to talk over their likes and dislikes until they found "the look" - and wow, did they look beautiful!

Let me just say... my hair, was one of the top memories of the day (besides marrying my husband!). I was absolutely LIVING for the braid she gave me. She did such an amazing job and was so professional throughout the entire experience.

I highly recommend HairSpray Studio for your next hair or makeup needs! I wish I would afford to have my hair done every day by Sara!

Sent on 01/23/2021

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

HairSpray Studio FAQ

• What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 25
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 25
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?
    $ 15
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 15
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 15
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 15
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 15
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 10
    $ 10
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Consultation
    Travel Fee
    Trial Service
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Group Services
    Hair
    Makeup
    Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Updos / Styling
    Hair Trial
    On-Site Hair
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Airbrush Makeup
    Fake Lashes

1 Real Wedding

• Chula Vista Chula Vista, CA, 91909 See on map
    619-350-2977 (Phone number)
    Location of (HairSpray Studio)