Hair Journeys

Albany, NY View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Hair Journeys is a wedding hair and makeup company located in Albany, New York. This team of stylists is committed to establishing strong bonds with happy couples to ensure they look and feel their best for their big day. Owner Nicole Daly has over a decade of experience in the industry and she uses her extensive knowledge to create one-of-a-kind wedding looks.

Hair Journeys provides beauty packages that aim to accommodate a range of budgets and needs. To-be-newlyweds can arrange a consultation to discuss their personal styles before the big day. These skilled stylists are pleased to provide blowouts, extensions, keratin treatments, haircuts and coloring, textured hair styling, and updos. Their makeup services can include airbrushed, natural, or contoured makeup looks with eyeshadow and false lashes. This team is happy to work on-site to ensure a relaxing and smooth wedding day. Hair Journeys offers group services so that everyone in the wedding party can achieve their ideal look.

• Black-owned
  • Veteran-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the base price for blowouts for brides?

$50

What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides?

$70

What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?

$65

What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?

$75

$60

Does makeup price include false lashes?

What is the base price for manicures?

$15

What is the base price for pedicures?

$20

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Group Services
Hair
Hair Removal
Makeup
Manicure / Pedicure
Mult. Stylists
Salon

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Textured Hair Styling
Updos / Styling
Hair Trial
On-Site Hair

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup
Contour Makeup
Eye Makeup
Natural Makeup
On-Site Makeup
Wedding Party Makeup
Makeup Trial
Fake Lashes

What hair removal services do you offer?

Waxing

• Rachel
    Rachel Married on 10/10/2021

Amazing Hair and Makeup - Capital Region NY and Catskills

This review is to help any Brides looking for someone to do hair and makeup for their wedding. LISTEN, BOOK Nicole and Tara! They are the most professional, most personable, and most talented hair and makeup team in upstate, Catskills, Capital Region, Saratoga Spring NY area. And trust me, I did tons of research to find them! I went to the salon to do a makeup trial and loved it. They traveled two hours by car to style me for my wedding in the Catskills mountains. And their pricing was absolutely reasonable for me and my mother, my cousin and my best friend. The morning of my wedding, Tara and Nicole showed up on time and made what could've been a stressful morning so relaxing. It was like having two more friends in the room. My caterers said they could hear us all laughing upstairs while we were getting ready. I loved that before the wedding, Nicole always answered emails within an appropriate time frame and that their appointment system sends out reminders the day before any appointments. The last thing you want to worry about on your wedding day is that your makeup and hair person might not show up - but I felt confident, even with the 2-hour drive in the mountains with minimal service, that they would be there on time and they were!

Makeup: I was nervous about finding the right person. Someone who could match my brown skin tone (no gray face or mismatched foundation) and give me a glam, natural and glowing look. Tara put me at ease! She listened to what I wanted and offered great suggestions, but never made me feel bad for my choices. My trial went amazingly and the wedding day look was even better! Honestly, if I ever go to another event, I'm going to get my makeup done with her. My cousin, best friend, and mom also got their makeup done. Each has their own unique style and has slightly different shades of brown skin and they all LOVED their make-up and looked amazing - both in person and in the photos. That's right! None of that, your makeup looks caked on in person but will look good in photos. My makeup looked great both in person and in photos!

Hair: Nicole did an amazing job on my hair. I needed someone who was comfortable with natural, kinky hair because I wanted to wear my 4C hair down and natural. I bought clip-ins for length and I could tell by the ease with which Nicole inspected them that she was a pro. She had no problem styling my hair to match the kinky clip-ins perfectly! And I was not an easy bride. At the last minute, I told Nicole I wanted to incorporate a braid into my hairstyle, and she thought about it and immediately got to work. She came up with such a beautiful and creative hairstyle incorporating the braid. Everyone at the wedding complimented me on my hair. It was exactly what I was looking for - a Solange meets Issa Rae look for my rustic bohemian wedding dress. And all this glamming was done quickly and on time so that I could take some professional pictures and still start our ceremony on time!

If you want to look your absolute best, the most stunning you've ever looked on your wedding day, and you want people around you the morning of who are kind, good listeners, professional, and experts at their craft hire Nicole and Tara - hire Hair Journeys to do your wedding hair and makeup. It's that simple. They are the best around. I am so grateful to them for making my wedding that much more enjoyable and memorable.
  • Yara
    Yara E. Married on 08/22/2021

Never felt more beautiful

Nicole(hair) and Tara (makeup artist) were wonderful to work with. They got to our venue on time and worked with everyone's skin and hair perfectly. They took into account everyone's concerns and helped keep us all calm. Can not say thank you enough! They were able to work with a large group (12 of us) and were only delayed because one of my girls came in late. I've attached a before and after picture. My hair and makeup stayed perfect even in the rain.
  • Laci
    Laci J. Married on 05/30/2021

Great Team!

hired Hair Journeys to do my bridal party hair and makeup for my wedding and the team was fabulous! They were right on time, friendly and very professional. I received so many compliments about my hair for my wedding and so did my bridesmaids. All of my bridesmaids makeup came out phenomenal as well. I highly recommend Nicole and her team at Hair Journeys.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Deals

Hair Journeys 1
Exclusive

1869 Central Avenue Albany, NY, 12205
(518) 452-2155
518-727-9664

Tuesday and Wednesday 10-6 Thursday 10-7 Friday and Saturday 10-6 Sunday and Monday by Appointments
Location of (Hair Journeys)

Other vendors in Albany for your wedding