6610 Buffalo Hills, San Antonio, TX 78256 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 25

About Gunpowder Soup

"I had high expectations from the reviews - they exceeded them!" "Better than the reviews!"

"They start the party and keep it going." "We had so many remarks from our guests!"

“From a coordinator's perspective, very communicative and easy to work with!

Premier Cover Band Entertainment

Opryland Male Country Vocalist
    Female Pop Performer and Line Dance Instructor
    Horn Player
    Owners with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau

5 Star Reviews and Super Happy Couples! Gunpowder Soup will choose the right dance song in order to keep the dance floor packed with guests dancing. We love audience participation and will encourage it with band members engaging on the dance floor. Gunpowder Soup continues to receive the "COUPLES TOP CHOICE AWARD" from Wedding Wire. Read all our reviews on Google Business and other social media. Performing - Country, 80s, 70s, 60s, Current, Latin, and wedding favs. We always end the show with an encore and repeat business!

Follow Gunpowder Soup on

36 Reviews for Gunpowder Soup

• I

Ignacia Kilgore · Getting married on 04/01/2020

Hire Gunpowder Soup

We hired Gunpowder Soup for my wedding and they did an incredible job! Throughout our reception, we received countless compliments from our guests about their musical talent. While performing, Marius brought his microphone to the dancefloor so we could sing along with the music. They also have tambourines and a cowbell for the audience to interact with. Jayna did a great job coordinating with the wedding party so the announcements run smoothly. Jeanine was very helpful and responsive to my husband and me with any questions or requests we had leading up to our wedding day. If you are looking for a live band for your wedding or event, look no further than Gunpowder Soup!

Sent on 01/18/2020

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Ignacia for the kind words! We had fun with your friends and family. You looked beautiful in your dress and I hope y'alls evening was magical. We are so happy for you and Sam and wish you many blessings.

Suzie Williford · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Band!

Our daughter got married in June and I found Gunpowder Soup online. I watched all the videos and thought they would be good. I had no idea that how good! They were professional from the first call I had with Jeanine until the time the band quit playing. They were fun, got the crowd going from the start, followed all instructions perfectly and made the reception so much fun! We are two months past and people are still telling me how great the band was! I can honestly say GPS was the best band at any wedding we have been to and on top of all that they are reasonably priced. We couldn't be happier with our choice ad would hire them again in an instant! Thanks GPS for making the night even more special!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Miss Suzie for the kind words! I am so glad Gunpowder Soup was able to be a part of Jordan's special day. :) Hopefully, our paths will cross again and we will see y'all at another wedding! Blessings to all....
    Jeanine
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 04/06/2019

Highly Reccommend this band!

I researched numerous bands in the Texas area for our wedding day, but it was a struggle getting my husband to like any. When we stumbled upon Gunpowder Soup on a San Antonio TV show, we both were so impressed and loved them instantly! It was a bit nerve-wracking not being able to hear them perform live in person as they are primarily a private-event band, but they did not disappoint one bit!!! They are very organized and professional during the contract phase, and I didn't have to worry one bit with setup during our wedding day. They knew exactly what to do! They performed piano keys during our ceremony which was beautiful, and we were able to request the songs we wanted which they learned for us. And for the reception, the band was so interactive during each song, getting everyone up and dancing, singing, and even playing instruments along with them! When I say "everyone" I mean even our grumpy uncle who doesn't talk to anyone was dancing and singing! Truly an amazing, talented, fun group of people. Highly recommend this band for any event!

Sent on 04/24/2019

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Ally! The band is hyped because we were able to entertain your grumpy uncle! Having fun people dance, tap their feet, and sing with us makes our job FUN. You are right, it is nerve wracking to trust a band when you have never seen them perform before. Thank you for trusting Gunpowder Soup!
    Jeanine

Gunpowder Soup FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season?
    $ 3,000 - $ 6,000
  • What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season?
    $ 3,000 - $ 6,000
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    Travel Expenses
  • Which of the following are included in the package?
    Ceremony Music
    Travel Expenses
  • Are you an agency or a band?
    Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    4 - 6
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play?
    Classic Rock
    Country
    Dance
    Latin
    Oldies
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What music services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music
    Karaoke Services
    Learning New Songs
    Willing to Travel
  • What items are available?
    Fog Machine
    Microphones

• Bartenders4you Wedding Caterers

What an Awesome Band! We have had several mutual clients that have hired them to play at their events. I do have to say one of the best live bands around for special events!

• The Milestone | Boerne Barn & Farm Weddings

If you would like to enjoy having a Band that is fun and sounds great at your wedding, contact Gunpowder Soup they are a frequent at Bella Springs and a Preferred Vendor.

• 6610 Buffalo Hills San Antonio, TX, 78256 See on map
    210-488-4388 (Phone number)
    10am - 5pm
    Location of (Gunpowder Soup)