Gunpowder Soup Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Tammy
    Tammy F. Married on 02/12/2022

Hiring GPS was one of the best decisions we made for our daughters wedding .

Gunpowder Soup exploded and blew the roof off the venue at our daughter’s wedding!! They were spectacular, entertaining, energetic while sounding amazing!!! Nobody wanted the night to end!

GPS comes very highly recommended not only by me and my family but by all our guests. You will find they are very professional, organized and genuinely sincere while loving what they do best. I promise, if you book GPS, you will not be disappointed!!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

I LOVE IT! ... "exploded" and blew the roof off the venue... Can I use that for marketing?! I loved meeting you finally and I am so happy Danielle had a great wedding day! That girl deserves it and much more.
    Gun Powder Soup will hopefully see you and your family members soon on another dance floor!
    Courtney W. Married on 10/23/2021

Amazing!

LOVED LOVED GPS! Exceptional band, prompt, FUN & professional!!! Truly made my wedding dress party complete!!! RAVE reviews for all of our guests, can't WAIT to book them for our next Soiree!!! THANK YOU for truly MAKING the party!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Miss Courtney! Thank you for the kind words. YOUR wedding dress party was an event to remember! I tell everyone about your event. And, we are ready to party with you again!
  • Dan
    Dan C. Married on 10/16/2021

Best band ever!

We hired Gun Powder Soup to play at our wedding and they did an incredible job! Honestly, we could have used a bigger dance floor as they had the whole crowd singing and dancing throughout the night. Their selection of music is perfect and how they get everyone involved is so fun. Couldn’t ask for better entertainment for your wedding or event! Thank you Gun Powder Soup for rocking it!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Dan for trusting Gunpowder Soup for your big day! Your family and guests made it a wonderful evening for us! We love it when y'all dance and sing with us!
  • Catherine
    Catherine S. Married on 09/17/2021

Get ready to party

WOW. We are STILL hearing compliments about GPS from our wedding. I had seen GPS at various other events and weddings in the past so hiring them was a very easy choice. However, I was absolutely blown away with their performance. We had the time of our lives the night of our wedding-and GPS was a big aspect of that. I would also like to note that when we had to move both venues and dates just 3 months prior to wedding, Jeanine was not only patient and understanding, but so helpful with the transition. GPS will be the highlight of your wedding and will absolutely bring the party-no matter your style. They are a jack of all trades AND a master of all!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Gunpowder Soup loves our party friends and YOUR family makes our job....FUN! Singing and dancing with KNOWN guests...priceless!

• Kathleen
    Kathleen W. Married on 06/30/2021

Hired for corporate afterglow party

I hired Gunpowder Soup for a corporate afterglow party. From the moment I made contact with them they were very easy to work with, professional and flexible. The performance the evening of our event was fantastic! They played a wide variety of music and kept everybody up and having a good time. I highly recommend Gunpowder Soup! They are definitely a top-notch group of performers!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Miss Kathleen for the kind words! We love when people sing and dance with us! Thank you for trusting GUNPOWDER SOUP to entertain Pacesetter Homes. Thank you for the hospitality.
  • Lisa
    Lisa R. Married on 05/15/2021

So much fun!

We had so much fun with Gun Powder Soup! They are Extremely talented, fun and professional. They interacted with the crowd by playing guitar and had an extra microphone for guests to sing along...(because we all know that after a few cocktails, everyone thinks they are a rockstar.) One of the things I really appreciated is that the music wasn’t so loud that you couldn’t talk. I’ve been to weddings before where, the band is way too loud and hard on the older guests attending. Thank you Jeanine for helping me navigate through the selection process. I would Highly recommend this band.
  • O
    Oralia M. Married on 12/05/2020

Amazing!! 5 Star!!

If you need a band for your big day, GPS is the band!! They were AMAZING at my wedding! My husband and I are so happy we chose them as our band! Our guests loved them!! Thank you GPS for being a part of my big day and making my wedding dreams a reality! ❤️

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Miss Oralia for the nice words! Your wedding was "one for the books". Very special in many many ways.
    Have a blessed marriage and have a wonderful 2021 honeymoon!!
    K P Married on 08/28/2020

Best band ever!!

My older sister and I have both had GPS at our weddings and LOVE them! They're super easy to work with, incredibly helpful, and FUN! We had to postpone and downsize our wedding due to COVID and GPS made the rescheduling process super easy. And even with a smaller wedding, they were amazing! Highly recommend!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you KP for hiring Gunpowder Soup. We are glad you followed your sister's footsteps! :)
    Change the date, reduce your guests count, acoustic music instead of full band, etc, were hard decisions for a young bride to make during the COVID melt-down. You are a strong woman and pulled through.
    P.S. You looked gorgeous in your dress!
    Jeanine and GPS
    Hannah B. Married on 07/11/2020

Awesome sound and dynamic!

My husband and I had a blast with GPS!! They are so interactive and fun. All of our friends and family have talked nonstop about how great this band was! What I loved is that they actually listened to the requests of me and my husband. Everything we asked on a whim during the night the band executed. Highly recommend!!!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Miss Hannah! Whoop!....another fun Aggie wedding! And, the groom's cake was unbelievable with so much detail. Have a blessed marriage and hopefully see ya'll at another wedding in Castroville! Jeanine
  • Erin
    Erin S. Married on 05/09/2020

Great energy!

So glad we hired GPS for our wedding! They did an amazing job of keeping everyone on the dancefloor!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Miss Erin for the review!!! I enjoyed playing and watching your First Dance together when no one was in the ballroom. Cinderella moment!!
  • Doris
    Doris L. Married on 04/03/2020

Truly a fantastic party band!

If you are looking for a FANTASTIC PARTY BAND for a wedding or event, look no further -- GUNPOWDER SOUP IS IT!!! My husband and I hired GPS for our daughter's wedding in College Station, Texas on 2/22/20 and we were absolutely BLOWN AWAY! We contracted with them to provide every service they offered -- from the wedding music, MC option, and of course, reception ENTERTAINMENT -- and we could not be happier customers! Our daughter and new son-in-law -- and over 150 guests -- had to be pulled off the dance floor at the end of the night as one song was as FUN as the next! From the initial contact with Jeanine last January to the follow-up after the wedding, the whole process was extremely PROFESSIONAL and E-A-S-Y! We truly cannot say enough good things about GPS and will forever be thankful that they were a part of our special evening!
  • Erika
    Erika P. Married on 02/08/2020

Truly the BEST!!

I have to say...choosing Gun Powder Soup for our wedding was the best decision we made! The reviews you read don’t even begin to describe this exceptionally talented and entertaining band! Our guest had a blast and couldn’t tell us enough about how much they were blown away! If you are thinking of getting a band for your wedding/special event...GPS Is without a doubt the best decision you will make!! I can’t thank GPS enough for creating memories that will last a lifetime. YOU ALL ARE THE BEST!! Keep rocking it 🤘🏼🎤🎸

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Miss Erika... You rock! Don't hold that voice back, keep singing! Thank you for your kind words and we wish you a blessed marriage.
  • I
    Ignacia K. Married on 01/04/2020

Hire Gunpowder Soup

We hired Gunpowder Soup for my wedding and they did an incredible job! Throughout our reception, we received countless compliments from our guests about their musical talent. While performing, Marius brought his microphone to the dancefloor so we could sing along with the music. They also have tambourines and a cowbell for the audience to interact with. Jayna did a great job coordinating with the wedding party so the announcements run smoothly. Jeanine was very helpful and responsive to my husband and me with any questions or requests we had leading up to our wedding day. If you are looking for a live band for your wedding or event, look no further than Gunpowder Soup!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Ignacia for the kind words! We had fun with your friends and family. You looked beautiful in your dress and I hope y'alls evening was magical. We are so happy for you and Sam and wish you many blessings.
    Suzie W. Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Band!

Our daughter got married in June and I found Gunpowder Soup online. I watched all the videos and thought they would be good. I had no idea that how good! They were professional from the first call I had with Jeanine until the time the band quit playing. They were fun, got the crowd going from the start, followed all instructions perfectly and made the reception so much fun! We are two months past and people are still telling me how great the band was! I can honestly say GPS was the best band at any wedding we have been to and on top of all that they are reasonably priced. We couldn't be happier with our choice ad would hire them again in an instant! Thanks GPS for making the night even more special!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Miss Suzie for the kind words! I am so glad Gunpowder Soup was able to be a part of Jordan's special day. :) Hopefully, our paths will cross again and we will see y'all at another wedding! Blessings to all....
  • Ally
    Ally Married on 04/06/2019

Highly Reccommend this band!

I researched numerous bands in the Texas area for our wedding day, but it was a struggle getting my husband to like any. When we stumbled upon Gunpowder Soup on a San Antonio TV show, we both were so impressed and loved them instantly! It was a bit nerve-wracking not being able to hear them perform live in person as they are primarily a private-event band, but they did not disappoint one bit!!! They are very organized and professional during the contract phase, and I didn't have to worry one bit with setup during our wedding day. They knew exactly what to do! They performed piano keys during our ceremony which was beautiful, and we were able to request the songs we wanted which they learned for us. And for the reception, the band was so interactive during each song, getting everyone up and dancing, singing, and even playing instruments along with them! When I say "everyone" I mean even our grumpy uncle who doesn't talk to anyone was dancing and singing! Truly an amazing, talented, fun group of people. Highly recommend this band for any event!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Ally! The band is hyped because we were able to entertain your grumpy uncle! Having fun people dance, tap their feet, and sing with us makes our job FUN. You are right, it is nerve wracking to trust a band when you have never seen them perform before. Thank you for trusting Gunpowder Soup!
    Brittany E. Married on 03/23/2019

The best band ever!

THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!! We're from Colorado so when we started looking or a band for our nuptials we didn't know where to begin. Luckily, we found Gun Powder Soup on YouTube and were confident that they would be great. They were 100x better than we expected which is saying a lot considering we knew they would be a blast. They interact with the guests and make it so fun to be part of the party. I've never had so much fun at a wedding reception and it's just a bonus that it our wedding. My only regret is that we didn't have a longer reception because we could've danced all night long to their entertaining set. You will not regret hiring them for your event.

Ken and Brittany Evans

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Your wedding reception was full of surprises! A really special day with lobster, huge flowers arrangements, leaving the reception via water skis, children arriving on J Deere tractors, etc.. I would love to see the video of the whole evening!
    Thank you for hiring Gunpowder Soup.
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 02/11/2019

Real Talent and Professional

Gunpowder Soup exceeded all expectations on our wedding day. We received numerous compliments on the band’s talent throughout the night and text messages afterwards asking for the band’s name. We paid extra for the band to learn our first dance song and they did a fantastic job on the song. Well worth the money. They played songs all ages know so we had all ages dancing all night. They are professional throughout all stages of the booking and performance process. My now husband’s only request was a live band for the wedding because he thought there cannot be a party without a live band. Well, there is no wedding reception without Gunpowder Soup, they are exceptional. I researched numerous bands on the internet and eventually found Gunpowder Soup. It is hard to find a band on the internet because whoever can manipulate the voice, instrumentation, etc. to make the band sound good. However, I knew after listening to Gunpowder Soup’s videos, especially their KSAT television video, they had real talent and it definitely showed on our wedding night.

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Miss Kelsey for the kind words! Your family was fun and entertaining! We enjoyed our evening with Justin and you and all your guests. Nice people make our job much more enjoyable. :)
    This woman is a mechanical engineer from A&M...you go girl!
    Bailey Married on 11/03/2018

The best wedding band!

Was by far the best band ever! Still have people talking about how awesome the band was! Made the best day ever even better! ❤️

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! These words coming from another musician/vocalist, is powerful. I am glad you got to sing with us!
    Ronna Married on 09/08/2018

They were the band we used for my son’s wedding.

Gunpowder soup was very easy to book and work with. They got the party started and kept it going. I would use them again.

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank You Mrs. Gilliam for your kind words! We love playing for groups of people we see at other weddings! This makes it more like a party!
    Stacy Married on 06/16/2018
    Wow! What a fabulous band! We hired GPS to play at our daughter's wedding reception on June 16, and BOY DID THEY PLAY! We had over 400 guests, and I'm pretty sure EVERYONE was either singing along or dancing. No matter what genre you prefer, they will entertain you. They provided tambourines for our guests and passed around a microphone for those who wanted to showcase their talents. They are personable, fun, super talented, and energetic. We have received many messages from our guests just raving about GPS. Thing about it is, we already knew how wonderful they were because we had already attended a few of their performances. They are consistently awesome!

If you are looking to hire a band for any occasion, you MUST book Gunpowder Soup! You will thank me later!
    Stephanie Married on 06/01/2018

Amazing band!

Gun Powder Soup was AMAZING! Not only are they great at what they do, but they are amazing people. They performed at my wedding this year and we still have people talking about how much fun they were. If you are looking for a great band, Gun Powder Soup is it. You will not be disappointed! Thank you, Gun Powder Soup for making our wedding perfect! 10/10!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. I would love to see the reception videos of everyone singing around the band. It was so cool to have everyone participate. It made our job fun-er! LOL
    Susie P. Married on 04/07/2018

Best party band!

This band IS the party! They were amazing. We had this band for my daughter’s wedding and could not have been happier. They played all genres and had everybody on the dance floor. The best memory is of 3 generations on the dance floor singing karaoke. I have been to several events with this band and all have been a blast!
    As far as the business side, they were very straightforward and easy to work with. No surprises.
    Teresa P. Married on 03/17/2018

We absolutely loved working with Jeanine and her awesome band!

Our family and friends had a great, fun time with Gunpowder Soup! We highly recommend them for any great event!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you for your kind words and making us feel like guests! I hope our paths cross in 2019 because y 'all are FUN peeps!
    Karen Married on 12/02/2017
    Gunpowder Soup is the BEST!!! We hired them for our wedding reception this past Saturday at Luckenbach Dance Hall outside Fredericksburg, and they brought the PARTY! The band manager is so easy to work with, and accommodated all our requests...including our George Strait/Jon Pardi mash up first dance. They did an excellent job reading the crowd and adapted the playlist to keep the dance floor packed allllll night. One of the band members spent the entire night on the dance floor with us with a mic and guitar, rocking out and getting our friends involved. I could not have asked for a better band for our big night, and they were just so FUN! Central Texas, if you're getting married, or having a party, or just want some amazing entertainment, HIRE THESE GUYS!!!

Dora Married on 09/16/2017
    My husband found Gunpowder Soup while searching the web for a band. We saw the videos on youtube.com and decided to book them for our daughter's upcoming wedding. We were a little nervous about hiring a band we had never really seen in person. On the day of the wedding, we were so happy to hear them play. The band is amazing! We had an awesome time the entire night. Our guests enjoyed dancing, singing and using their props. They did a fabulous job with the MC- ing all night long and getting the crowd involved. I would definitely hire them again for our next event. People are still talking about that night. Thank you Gunpowder Soup for an amazing job!

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Ms. Dorita.......Thank you so much for hiring Gunpowder Soup and taking the time to write a review. I hope your daughter enjoyed the evening and I am glad she got a chance to dance!