Gunpowder Soup Reviews

40 | San Antonio, TX

40 Reviews for Gunpowder Soup

K P · Getting married on 04/08/2022

Best band ever!!

My older sister and I have both had GPS at our weddings and LOVE them! They're super easy to work with, incredibly helpful, and FUN! We had to postpone and downsize our wedding due to COVID and GPS made the rescheduling process super easy. And even with a smaller wedding, they were amazing! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/01/2020

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you KP for hiring Gunpowder Soup. We are glad you followed your sister's footsteps! :)
    Change the date, reduce your guests count, acoustic music instead of full band, etc, were hard decisions for a young bride to make during the COVID melt-down. You are a strong woman and pulled through.
    P.S. You looked gorgeous in your dress!
    Jeanine and GPS

Hannah Bohmfalk · Married on 07/11/2020

Awesome sound and dynamic!

My husband and I had a blast with GPS!! They are so interactive and fun. All of our friends and family have talked nonstop about how great this band was! What I loved is that they actually listened to the requests of me and my husband. Everything we asked on a whim during the night the band executed. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 07/16/2020

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Miss Hannah! Whoop!....another fun Aggie wedding! And, the groom's cake was unbelievable with so much detail. Have a blessed marriage and hopefully see ya'll at another wedding in Castroville! Jeanine
  • Doris

Doris Light · Married on 04/03/2020

Truly a fantastic party band!

If you are looking for a FANTASTIC PARTY BAND for a wedding or event, look no further -- GUNPOWDER SOUP IS IT!!! My husband and I hired GPS for our daughter's wedding in College Station, Texas on 2/22/20 and we were absolutely BLOWN AWAY! We contracted with them to provide every service they offered -- from the wedding music, MC option, and of course, reception ENTERTAINMENT -- and we could not be happier customers! Our daughter and new son-in-law -- and over 150 guests -- had to be pulled off the dance floor at the end of the night as one song was as FUN as the next! From the initial contact with Jeanine last January to the follow-up after the wedding, the whole process was extremely PROFESSIONAL and E-A-S-Y! We truly cannot say enough good things about GPS and will forever be thankful that they were a part of our special evening!

Sent on 03/04/2020
  • I

Ignacia Kilgore · Married on 04/01/2020

Hire Gunpowder Soup

We hired Gunpowder Soup for my wedding and they did an incredible job! Throughout our reception, we received countless compliments from our guests about their musical talent. While performing, Marius brought his microphone to the dancefloor so we could sing along with the music. They also have tambourines and a cowbell for the audience to interact with. Jayna did a great job coordinating with the wedding party so the announcements run smoothly. Jeanine was very helpful and responsive to my husband and me with any questions or requests we had leading up to our wedding day. If you are looking for a live band for your wedding or event, look no further than Gunpowder Soup!

Sent on 01/18/2020

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Ignacia for the kind words! We had fun with your friends and family. You looked beautiful in your dress and I hope y'alls evening was magical. We are so happy for you and Sam and wish you many blessings.
  • Erika

Erika Perez Alvarado · Married on 02/08/2020

Truly the BEST!!

I have to say...choosing Gun Powder Soup for our wedding was the best decision we made! The reviews you read don’t even begin to describe this exceptionally talented and entertaining band! Our guest had a blast and couldn’t tell us enough about how much they were blown away! If you are thinking of getting a band for your wedding/special event...GPS Is without a doubt the best decision you will make!! I can’t thank GPS enough for creating memories that will last a lifetime. YOU ALL ARE THE BEST!! Keep rocking it 🤘🏼🎤🎸

Sent on 03/05/2020

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Miss Erika... You rock! Don't hold that voice back, keep singing! Thank you for your kind words and we wish you a blessed marriage.

Suzie Williford · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Band!

Our daughter got married in June and I found Gunpowder Soup online. I watched all the videos and thought they would be good. I had no idea that how good! They were professional from the first call I had with Jeanine until the time the band quit playing. They were fun, got the crowd going from the start, followed all instructions perfectly and made the reception so much fun! We are two months past and people are still telling me how great the band was! I can honestly say GPS was the best band at any wedding we have been to and on top of all that they are reasonably priced. We couldn't be happier with our choice ad would hire them again in an instant! Thanks GPS for making the night even more special!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Miss Suzie for the kind words! I am so glad Gunpowder Soup was able to be a part of Jordan's special day. :) Hopefully, our paths will cross again and we will see y'all at another wedding! Blessings to all....
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 04/06/2019

Highly Reccommend this band!

I researched numerous bands in the Texas area for our wedding day, but it was a struggle getting my husband to like any. When we stumbled upon Gunpowder Soup on a San Antonio TV show, we both were so impressed and loved them instantly! It was a bit nerve-wracking not being able to hear them perform live in person as they are primarily a private-event band, but they did not disappoint one bit!!! They are very organized and professional during the contract phase, and I didn't have to worry one bit with setup during our wedding day. They knew exactly what to do! They performed piano keys during our ceremony which was beautiful, and we were able to request the songs we wanted which they learned for us. And for the reception, the band was so interactive during each song, getting everyone up and dancing, singing, and even playing instruments along with them! When I say "everyone" I mean even our grumpy uncle who doesn't talk to anyone was dancing and singing! Truly an amazing, talented, fun group of people. Highly recommend this band for any event!

Sent on 04/24/2019

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Ally! The band is hyped because we were able to entertain your grumpy uncle! Having fun people dance, tap their feet, and sing with us makes our job FUN. You are right, it is nerve wracking to trust a band when you have never seen them perform before. Thank you for trusting Gunpowder Soup!

Brittany Evans · Married on 03/23/2019

The best band ever!

THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!! We're from Colorado so when we started looking or a band for our nuptials we didn't know where to begin. Luckily, we found Gun Powder Soup on YouTube and were confident that they would be great. They were 100x better than we expected which is saying a lot considering we knew they would be a blast. They interact with the guests and make it so fun to be part of the party. I've never had so much fun at a wedding reception and it's just a bonus that it our wedding. My only regret is that we didn't have a longer reception because we could've danced all night long to their entertaining set. You will not regret hiring them for your event.

Ken and Brittany Evans

Sent on 04/10/2019

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Your wedding reception was full of surprises! A really special day with lobster, huge flowers arrangements, leaving the reception via water skis, children arriving on J Deere tractors, etc.. I would love to see the video of the whole evening!
    Thank you for hiring Gunpowder Soup.
  • Kelsey

Kelsey B P · Married on 02/11/2019

Real Talent and Professional

Gunpowder Soup exceeded all expectations on our wedding day. We received numerous compliments on the band’s talent throughout the night and text messages afterwards asking for the band’s name. We paid extra for the band to learn our first dance song and they did a fantastic job on the song. Well worth the money. They played songs all ages know so we had all ages dancing all night. They are professional throughout all stages of the booking and performance process. My now husband’s only request was a live band for the wedding because he thought there cannot be a party without a live band. Well, there is no wedding reception without Gunpowder Soup, they are exceptional. I researched numerous bands on the internet and eventually found Gunpowder Soup. It is hard to find a band on the internet because whoever can manipulate the voice, instrumentation, etc. to make the band sound good. However, I knew after listening to Gunpowder Soup’s videos, especially their KSAT television video, they had real talent and it definitely showed on our wedding night.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Miss Kelsey for the kind words! Your family was fun and entertaining! We enjoyed our evening with Justin and you and all your guests. Nice people make our job much more enjoyable. :)
    This woman is a mechanical engineer from A&M...you go girl!

Bailey · Married on 11/03/2018

The best wedding band!

Was by far the best band ever! Still have people talking about how awesome the band was! Made the best day ever even better! ❤️

Sent on 12/04/2018

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! These words coming from another musician/vocalist, is powerful. I am glad you got to sing with us!

Ronna · Married on 09/08/2018

They were the band we used for my son’s wedding.

Gunpowder soup was very easy to book and work with. They got the party started and kept it going. I would use them again.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank You Mrs. Gilliam for your kind words! We love playing for groups of people we see at other weddings! This makes it more like a party!

Stacy · Married on 06/16/2018

Wow! What a fabulous band! We hired GPS to play at our daughter's wedding reception on June 16, and BOY DID THEY PLAY! We had over 400 guests, and I'm pretty sure EVERYONE was either singing along or dancing. No matter what genre you prefer, they will entertain you. They provided tambourines for our guests and passed around a microphone for those who wanted to showcase their talents. They are personable, fun, super talented, and energetic. We have received many messages from our guests just raving about GPS. Thing about it is, we already knew how wonderful they were because we had already attended a few of their performances. They are consistently awesome!

If you are looking to hire a band for any occasion, you MUST book Gunpowder Soup! You will thank me later!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/01/2018

Amazing band!

Gun Powder Soup was AMAZING! Not only are they great at what they do, but they are amazing people. They performed at my wedding this year and we still have people talking about how much fun they were. If you are looking for a great band, Gun Powder Soup is it. You will not be disappointed! Thank you, Gun Powder Soup for making our wedding perfect! 10/10!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. I would love to see the reception videos of everyone singing around the band. It was so cool to have everyone participate. It made our job fun-er! LOL

Susie Patterson · Married on 04/07/2018

Best party band!

This band IS the party! They were amazing. We had this band for my daughter’s wedding and could not have been happier. They played all genres and had everybody on the dance floor. The best memory is of 3 generations on the dance floor singing karaoke. I have been to several events with this band and all have been a blast!
    As far as the business side, they were very straightforward and easy to work with. No surprises.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Teresa Prewit · Married on 03/17/2018

We absolutely loved working with Jeanine and her awesome band!

Our family and friends had a great, fun time with Gunpowder Soup! We highly recommend them for any great event!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you for your kind words and making us feel like guests! I hope our paths cross in 2019 because y 'all are FUN peeps!

Karen · Married on 12/02/2017

Gunpowder Soup is the BEST!!! We hired them for our wedding reception this past Saturday at Luckenbach Dance Hall outside Fredericksburg, and they brought the PARTY! The band manager is so easy to work with, and accommodated all our requests...including our George Strait/Jon Pardi mash up first dance. They did an excellent job reading the crowd and adapted the playlist to keep the dance floor packed allllll night. One of the band members spent the entire night on the dance floor with us with a mic and guitar, rocking out and getting our friends involved. I could not have asked for a better band for our big night, and they were just so FUN! Central Texas, if you're getting married, or having a party, or just want some amazing entertainment, HIRE THESE GUYS!!!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Dora · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband found Gunpowder Soup while searching the web for a band. We saw the videos on youtube.com and decided to book them for our daughter's upcoming wedding. We were a little nervous about hiring a band we had never really seen in person. On the day of the wedding, we were so happy to hear them play. The band is amazing! We had an awesome time the entire night. Our guests enjoyed dancing, singing and using their props. They did a fabulous job with the MC- ing all night long and getting the crowd involved. I would definitely hire them again for our next event. People are still talking about that night. Thank you Gunpowder Soup for an amazing job!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Ms. Dorita.......Thank you so much for hiring Gunpowder Soup and taking the time to write a review. I hope your daughter enjoyed the evening and I am glad she got a chance to dance!

Jamie · Married on 06/24/2017

Our guests and the families of the bride and groom had a blast! This band really knows how to get the "audience" involved and on the dance floor. We could not have been more pleased!! Thanks for being the icing on the cake!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Shelby · Married on 05/27/2017

Gunpowder Soup made our reception SO FUN! Jayna played and sang before and during the processional/recessional parts of the ceremony - she was so accommodating and sweet and was willing to learn whatever song we requested for our ceremony music. The whole band was at the reception and they seriously killed it! The dance floor was full pretty much all night and we have had a ton of people tell us it was one of the most fun weddings they have been to- which I truly believe was in large part due to our awesome band. The way they interact with the crowd and let people sing and play with them is so fun! Overall, I would totally recommend Gunpowder Soup for your wedding!!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Abbey · Married on 05/20/2017

The band was incredible! Everyone kept raving about how our wedding was the best party. They brought energy and were interactive with our guests. We have absolutely no complaints. Another couple at our reception asked for contact info to book the band for their wedding! Fabulous!!!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Martha · Married on 03/18/2017

Gunpowder Made the Reception the Best!

This band is amazing! They made the reception so much fun! Great music talent, entertaining and wonderful with the crowd. Gunpowder Soup was very professional, organized, excellent music and performance, timely and let me say fun again! We know know of at least 5 different freinds of the bride/groom or family that have booked "our band" for their events, yes - we claim them becasue they made the reception! Thank you Gunpowder Soup!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Gunpowder Soup's reply:

Thank you Mrs. Monaco for the kind words! Gunpowder Soup enjoyed playing for your family and friends! Any anniversary parties in the future!? :)
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/21/2015

Holy cow...I cannot say enough good things about Gunpowder Soup! They made our reception a blast - from letting guests play tambourines and sing into the mic to letting my husband and I come up on stage to rock out to the last song! Our guests were asking us where we found this band throughout the evening and after the wedding. They truly made our reception a night to remember for both us and our guests! Great value and quality, too!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Lori · Married on 11/21/2015

Gunpowder Soup was fabulous! They played for my daughter's wedding, and I am so glad she chose them. The band members are very talented and are great musicians. And, they get everyone involved in the music and dancing...from the youngest guests to the oldest. Their group made our reception extremely fun and memorable. I didn't want the reception to end! The band was easy to work with also and very professional. I would highly recommend Gunpowder Soup for your wedding or event!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Mrs. Bauml,
    Thank you so much for hiring the Band for Sarah's special day! We had a great time and loved interacting with your fun family. It WAS over too soon! The personalized touches on the water bottle were captured by a picture. Those pictures are posted on our FB! Can you leave us a Google Review also? Thank YOU!!!

So, so fun! Had so many compliments on the band. They rocked out Copperhead Rd. They played a great mix of music and were wonderful to work with.

Sent on 11/17/2015

There is no better band for your event or wedding in the San Antonio area than Gunpowder Soup. They provided sound for the ceremony, soft music for dinner and kept the party going all night. Guests didn't leave until the last song, they are still raving about how much fun they had with the band. Thank you, Gunpowder Soup!

Sent on 11/23/2015