Great River Golf Club

Up to 200 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$16k - $20k For 100 Guests
Up to 200 guests

At Great River Golf Club, we offer a stunning backdrop for your ceremony and reception of your dreams. From our exquisite food and attentive staff to the scenic surroundings, we take great pride in assisting you in making your wedding day all that you envision.

Come by for a visit to see why couples say Great River Golf Club is a hidden gem. With a personal Bridal Concierge by your side for the entire evening, all you have to do is enjoy your special day! Our focus is on you, as we only host one wedding at a time.

Exchange vows at our outdoor Gazebo that overlooks the beautifully manicured golf course. In case of inclement weather, there is a back-up ceremony and cocktail hour location, underneath our brick "Breezeway". Great River Golf Club has a high-vaulted ceiling ballroom that provides a guest count up to 180.

The expertly landscaped grounds, waterfall, clock tower are other wonderful features that create memorable wedding photographs. Also included is a luxurious bridal room with access for the entire evening and a private groom's room.

With five-star venue and cuisine ratings, Great River Golf Club provides wedding packages that are both affordable and customizable. We pride ourselves on being professional, flexible, and responsive throughout the entire planning process.

Pre-event coordination, event planning, in-house catering, vendor recommendations, rentals, set-up and clean-up.

Cuisine

Five hour long catering services that include an open bar with premium liquors, a champagne toast, an hour of stationed and butler passed hors d’oeuvres, a specialty salad course, multiple entree selections, and traditional wedding cake. There are also menu customization options available.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$1,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$1,000

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Wedding Cake

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Country/Golf Club
Restaurant

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party

What event services do you offer?

Cake
Clean Up
Event Planner
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Set Up
Wifi

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Audio Equipment
Chairs
Dance Floor
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

• Samantha
    Samantha W. Getting married on 06/10/2022

Absolutely Amazing Venue

My husband and I got married here on 10/30/2020 in the middle of a pandemic... with temperatures lower than they had been...it rained, it snowed ... anything you could think of. But the amazing and wonderful people at Great River made it the most memorable day of our lives. To start, we booked Great River before the pandemic, and when things started to get bad, we wondered what we would do about the wedding. Luckily, when things started to change and look up here in Connecticut, Great River told us that they would be getting a tent to continue to safely host weddings and other events. We were so excited that our wedding was still on! They worked with us from start to finish on food tasting, cake tasting, rehearsal dinner planning and were so helpful, especially during this time of uncertainty. Of course, as I mentioned, the day before the wedding, heavy rains caused the tent to flood, but again the people at Great River worked with us to safely move everything into the ballroom. Every guest had their temperatures checked upon entry to ensure peace of mind as well as to keep everyone healthy and safe. A week has passed since the wedding and everyone is still talking about it, still sending each other pictures and still reminiscing about the wonderful moments we all shared together. Not to mention the AMAZING food. Everyone can't stop raving about how good the food was! If you want to have a memorable, relaxed, fun and overall wonderful wedding experience I cannot recommend Great River Golf Club enough!!
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 12/31/2021

Great River is everything a bride wants in a venue

Great River is everything a bride wants in a venue. I don’t have enough great things to say. The entire staff was flawless. Chelsea always responded to my emails promptly and never made me feel like I had tons of annoying questions (which I am sure I did). She was very organized and asked me great questions to help me stay organized. Caitlin was my bridal concierge on the day of the wedding and I don’t have enough great things to say about her. She held our coats while we took photos outside, kept my bouquet in water (including overnight!), was always nearby when we needed to get into the bridal suite, had great suggestions for the photographers, and overall was just lovely to spend the day with. The food was just as we requested and the kitchen/serving staff did a great job. Everything occurred according to the timeline that I created with Chelsea. We held cocktail hour in Monty’s because of the cold weather and it had the coziest and most festive atmosphere. There is nothing I would have done differently!

Great River Golf Club's reply:

Sam, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review! We absolutely loved being a part of your & Sean's special day. It was our pleasure to serve you and your guests! Please come back and visit us soon!!! :)
    -Chelsea

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Musically Yours Musically Yours Wedding DJs

The Great River Golf Club is a beautiful venue. There staff is awesome, there food is great. The room feels very intimate and cozy. Two thumbs up!

Connecticut Jazz Events Connecticut Jazz Events Wedding Bands

Incredible venue! I had the privilege of performing here for a wedding cocktail hour - the space is magnificent!

Flowers by Danielle, LLC Flowers by Danielle, LLC Wedding Florists

Great River is truly a hidden gem! It is one of our favorite venue's to work in. The entire staff is so wonderful. From the moment a couple meets with one of their coordinators they will see how professional and amazing they will be to work with! There food is fantastic and service is great! A must see for any newly engaged couple. Danielle Farrer Flowers by Danielle,

130 Coram Lane Milford, Connecticut, 06461
2038768051
Location of (Great River Golf Club)

Other vendors in Hartford for your wedding

Wedding Venues