Great River Golf Club Reviews

Great River Golf Club 7
  • Alexandria

Alexandria Ponzio · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Wedding Review

We got married on April 27, 2019 and I cannot say enough good things about Great River Golf Club. This venue is a beautiful combination of elegance an intimacy. I worked with Gail, Erin and Julianne and they are all wonderful in their own way. The day of our wedding we felt no stress at all and I wish I could relive that day everyday at Great River. My favorite thing about Great River is that it is an intimate setting and they only hold one wedding at a time. As a bride, this was a big deal for me. To all future brides, I will recommend Great River Golf Club for my entire life !!!

Sent on 05/01/2019
    Great River Golf Club 8
  • Leti

Leti Benigno · Married on 07/13/2019

GR exceeded our expectations!

Where do I even begin…

My (now) husband and I had our wedding reception at Great River Golf Club this summer— we cannot thank the staff enough!! From the first meetings to the sparkler sendoff they fulfilled all of our expectations, plus more! Gail, Erin and Julianne made us feel completely comfortable and did whatever it took to make us feel stress-free and at ease. They went above and BEYOND to take care of all of our needs and wants. Their level of professionalism is outstanding - from the early days of planning to the execution of the event, they never once failed to accommodate. The day of the wedding Julianne ensured that I ate, stayed hydrated, fixed my dress & makeup during the photo shoot and even helped put on the heel stoppers on my shoes to ensure I wouldn’t damage them as I walked through the grass. My favorite drink is a lychee martini and although they had never heard of this drink, they researched and were able to make quite a delicious lychee martini on the day of the wedding—these ladies know customer satisfaction!

The space is incredible, and they nailed our vision in every way (even surprised us with the chairs I wanted). The FOOD...AMAZING. All of our guests commented about how delicious the food was, and how they couldn't get enough of it. They raved about how attentive the staff were. Our friends and family also couldn't believe how smoothly everything ran. This proved how incredibly well the entire team works together to ensure that every moment of the day ran seamlessly. We can't thank the team enough for the time and effort they put into making this truly, the best day ever!!

Sent on 08/24/2019
    Great River Golf Club 9

Lisa Tamburini · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue

The entire staff at Great River went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect. They were extremely accommodating with every request and they paid attention to all of the small details that make a wedding day perfect, which I really appreciate! The food was amazing and you cannot beat the beauty of the golf course environment! I highly recommend Great River Golf Club for a wedding venue!

Sent on 08/24/2019

Suzanne Pullen · Married on 06/22/2019

It was an excellent experience!

We just hosted our daughter's wedding at Great River Golf Club. Long story short, it was wonderful! Thank you Gail, Erin, Lisanne, Dan and to all of your wonderful team for making our day just perfect.

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie Marie · Married on 06/21/2019

The absolute wedding venu

Gail, Lisanne, Erin and the team at Great River Golf golf were amazing!! They made our dream wedding come true. The venu was beautiful and they made sure the wedding set up was perfect! They are the nicest people at Great River and truly have your best interest in mind. Everyone was always so helpful every step of the way. The food was also delicious and catered to different food allergies and preferred meal options.

Sent on 07/28/2019
    Great River Golf Club 10
  • Christa

Christa · Married on 05/25/2019

The wedding of our dreams

Beautiful venue. We could not have asked for a more perfect day. Great River went above and beyond our expectations. Absolutely beautiful

Sent on 05/26/2019
  • April

April · Married on 05/18/2019

May 2019 Wedding

Our wedding at Great River was absolutely beautiful. The grounds are gorgeous and our guests commented all night about how beautiful it was there. They also have a great backup rain option under their breezeway which is one of the reasons we chose the venue (so many places only have the ballroom as your backup option). It was also one of the more affordable venue options we found that had food and open bar included!

Gail, Lisanne and Erin were all amazing to work with and truly know what they’re doing. Gail always answered my constant emails promptly and kept me at ease. The night itself went smoothly, everyone had an amazing time and my husband and I didn’t have to worry about a thing.

I will always recommend Great River to brides and know they will continue doing an amazing job!

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Great River Golf Club 11
    Great River Golf Club 12

Richard Gorman · Married on 01/05/2019

Excellent experience all the way around

Our wedding reception at Great River was perfect! From the professionalism of the staff, to the quality of the venue and the food, just a perfect day for us in every way. Gail and Erin were responsive to our requests, even the last minute changes and they truly enjoy their work. I can't recommend this venue highly enough. There was no stress at all from the initial preparation to the final review. Gail and Erin made our experience so enjoyable down to the very last detail. Chef Michael's food was incredible and the ease of working with the staff makes this venue a wonderful place to have a reception. Even with all the rain on the day of our wedding, the grounds were beautiful and Erin braved the weather with us, just to make sure we were happy with every aspect of our day. We could not be happier with the whole experience with Great River and with Gail and Erin specifically. They are amazing!

Sent on 01/16/2019

Heather · Married on 12/01/2018

We had the most amazing wedding at Great River!

We recently had our wedding at Great River. It was the best day of our lives! They did an amazing job with everything. Can’t thank them enough!

Sent on 01/31/2019
    Great River Golf Club 19
    Great River Golf Club 20
    Great River Golf Club 21

Katie · Married on 11/03/2018

A wedding day to remember!!

We recently got married at Great River and cannot say enough about our wonderful experience! From the beginning the staff was helpful, attentive and accommodating. The food was great and our guests had a great time. Thank you Gail, Lisann, Erin and Dan for a memorable wedding!! Katie and Jason Cameron

Sent on 01/15/2019
    Great River Golf Club 29
    Great River Golf Club 30

Dawn M · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly Recommend!!

I got married and had my reception in October 2018 at Great River and could not have asked for a better experience. Everyone was very helpful and Gail and Lisanne were very accommodating and attentive. Our guests are still saying how beautiful Great River was, how great the food was and how it was one of the best weddings they had attended. I would highly recommend them to any couple looking for a wedding and/or reception venue.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Courtney · Married on 09/15/2017

The team at GR were fantastic. We looked at over 20+ venues before we decided due to the pricing and outdoor ceremony space. The entire property is fantastic. The back-up for the outdoor ceremony is great because you are covered and still outside. We didn't have to use it, but in case weather was bad we could. Gail and Julianne were probably the most organized people we met. They listened to everything we requested and returned ten fold. They made our day so perfect and stress free. I highly recommend renting out Monty's grille for cocktail hour so you can have the entire property to yourself. Food was delicious. bridal and groom suites were amazing. Waterfall for pictures was beautiful and a complete surprise when we saw it the first time. Friday pricing was great and you have all day to relax and we were able to get in early to set up and prepare for the day. Thank to everyone at GR who made our day special. It was truly fantastic and we will never forget everything you did on our wedding day! We will certainly be back to visit!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Jessie · Married on 07/01/2017

My husband and I could not be happier with Great River Golf Club for our wedding reception. The reason we chose Great River was because of the gorgeous, picturesque scenery. Working with Gail made the wedding process stress-free and joyous. She worked so hard to make sure everything was exactly as we wanted it. Our bridal concierge, Julianne, was equally as fantastic. During the wedding she anticipated my needs even before I realized them. Our guest raved about the food and the service was impeccable. I would not hesitate to recommend Great River Golf Club for a wedding reception. They made our big day truly unforgettable.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2017

I was married at Great River in June and could not be happier with the venue, food, and service we received. Gail, who was my contact leading up to the wedding, was extremely responsive and accommodating. They were able to modify the menu to fit our needs and even ordered special items for the bar for our signature cocktails that they wouldn't normally carry. Julianne, my bridal concierge, was more helpful than I could have imagined. Everything ran smoothly and they were in touch with all of my vendors ahead of time to take some of that stress off me. The whole team is courteous and capable, they even helped repair my mother's shoe when it broke. This was an all-around wonderful experience and I would highly recommend working with Great River for your wedding or event. You will be in good hands.

Sent on 07/17/2017
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 04/28/2017

After visiting several venues, we came upon Great River and absolutely fell in love! We originally were going to have a fall wedding and because of the dogwood trees blooming upon entering and all the gorgeous flowers, we went with spring!
    Absolutely romantic and perfect. Gail and Liz-Anne were incredible. Liz-Anne was there for Sean and I during our entire wedding asking us what we need, what can I get for you and Gail had been with us on our journey for a year. From the first tour to the first tasting to the rehearsal dinner everything was flawless.
    Everything was stunning, the food was incredible, ambiance was amazing, and to be honest, we got super lucky with 80 degree weather, but would not had been disappointed if it rained because the breezeway is just as romantic as the gazebo.
    We took our first look shots by the clock tower and went to the waterfall on the green to take more pictures.
    An absolute dream! Thank you all so much for your hard work! Our special day was everything we could've hoped for and more.
    Also, the bridal suite had since been redone and it looks great!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Rose · Married on 12/03/2016

We werw maeries 12/3/2016. Gail and Wanopron werror amazing! Our reception was more than we could have ever asked for. The room looked beautiful....the food was delicious.....could have cut the petit Filet with a fork. Wan was so attentive as our wedding day concierge. She was in the background ready to do absolutely anything we asked her to and she anticipated anything we may need. A wonderful experience all the way around!!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Erin · Married on 10/01/2016

Gail and Lisanne were great to work with while planning our wedding. They thought of every detail that hadn't crossed my mind and offered great suggestions when I couldn't make a decision.

Sent on 12/14/2016

David & Maureen · Married on 09/17/2016

Our wedding was small but everything was done top shelf by the staff. Gail was wonderful

Sent on 11/17/2016

Amber · Married on 09/04/2016

We honestly could not have dreamed of a better venue for our wedding! We cannot say enough great things about the entire staff, especially Gail and Julianne. They were incredibly responsive, helpful, and catered to our every wish and need. GRGC was the perfect setting for both our ceremony and reception. The reception ballroom was perfect because it fit all of our guests comfortably but it still felt very intimate so that we could see all of our guests from where we were sitting and they could see us. The food was delicious; our guests still rave about the passed hor d'oeuvres. We are SO happy with our experience at the Great River Golf Club. They truly made our dream wedding day a reality.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Staff was incredibly attentive and helpful. Venue was beautiful! Everyone raved about the food. Very fair price. We could not be happier with choosing GRGC.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Tess · Married on 06/25/2016

GRGC was unbelievable. From the beginning to the very day of our wedding and even after, with respect to holding on to stuff that got left, GRGC and our wedding consultants were fabulous. They were there the entire process, emailing me updates, confirming and re-confirming menus, table layouts, down to the details that only they would think of. The day of our wedding they were our go-to people, bringing us our favorite drinks, coordinating the entire day of events and ensuring it went off without a hitch. The venue was beyond beautiful (even with a rainy day!), the food was delicious and all staff was incredible. They all accommodated my husband and I and really made sure we felt special and taken care of.

Sent on 11/17/2016
  • Sherry

Sherry · Married on 04/23/2016

We had our wedding reception at GRGC last month (April 2016). Everything was perfect! We worked with Lindsay who was on top of every detail, quick to respond and accomodated whatever we needed including some special requests. We were a little concerned when the venue was purchased by Sacred Heart University but Lindsay and everyone at Great River delivered the exact day we were promised from cocktail hour to dinner to the end. We did host our cocktail hour at Monty's and would recommend doing so. For the money, it is well worth it. Guests were happy to be able to sit outside to enjoy cocktail hour with the beautiful views. Also, we would highly recommend renting the wedding gold cart. This gave us a little bit of time away from everyone before the reception and the pictures are beyond beautiful. We received so many compliments about our day, many guests commented that it was one of the best weddings they ever attended.

Sent on 05/23/2016

We are so happy we went with Great River. First of all Lindsay is wonderful. She responded to all of my emails same day or next day, she answered every question I had, she even offered to personally go to the liquor store the night before our wedding because they no longer carried the whisky my husband wanted for the reception. The ballroom was beautiful, and the bridal sweet was lovely. So many of our guests commented not only on how beautiful everything was, but that the food was amazing. We will look back on our wedding day and remember how wonderful and beautiful it was thanks to Great River.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Troy · Married on 09/25/2015

The entirety of our experience with Great River honestly could not have been better! From the start, we were introduced to Lindsay who was our personal event coordinator. She was incredibly responsive to all of our questions throughout the planning process and was always a pleasure to deal with. The day of the wedding we were also given a personal bridal concierge named Wan. Wan was also incredible. She made sure we had everything we needed all day long and made sure everything ran smoothly. We also had brought a lot of decorations and Lindsay and her team set everything up exactly how we had imagined. Our guests all were raving about their meals and the venue is absolutely stunning. I also played golf before the wedding and the entire staff was congratulating me and we had an incredible day on the course. We could not have asked for a better day; and Lindsay, Wan, and the entire staff at Great River are to thank for that.

Sent on 09/26/2015