Great River Golf Club Reviews

90 Reviews for Great River Golf Club

• Samantha

Samantha W. · Getting married on 06/10/2022

Absolutely Amazing Venue

My husband and I got married here on 10/30/2020 in the middle of a pandemic... with temperatures lower than they had been...it rained, it snowed ... anything you could think of. But the amazing and wonderful people at Great River made it the most memorable day of our lives. To start, we booked Great River before the pandemic, and when things started to get bad, we wondered what we would do about the wedding. Luckily, when things started to change and look up here in Connecticut, Great River told us that they would be getting a tent to continue to safely host weddings and other events. We were so excited that our wedding was still on! They worked with us from start to finish on food tasting, cake tasting, rehearsal dinner planning and were so helpful, especially during this time of uncertainty. Of course, as I mentioned, the day before the wedding, heavy rains caused the tent to flood, but again the people at Great River worked with us to safely move everything into the ballroom. Every guest had their temperatures checked upon entry to ensure peace of mind as well as to keep everyone healthy and safe. A week has passed since the wedding and everyone is still talking about it, still sending each other pictures and still reminiscing about the wonderful moments we all shared together. Not to mention the AMAZING food. Everyone can't stop raving about how good the food was! If you want to have a memorable, relaxed, fun and overall wonderful wedding experience I cannot recommend Great River Golf Club enough!!

Sent on 11/07/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer C. · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

We just got married a month ago. We honestly could not have made a better decision to have our wedding at Great River Country Club. The whole venue is absolutely gorgeous and Gail, Erin, Lusanne and Dan were amazing! They took care of everything! My wedding day was so easy to deal with knowing I had them behind me. Everyone is still raving about the food, the service and the beauty of the place. We can not thank everyone at Great River enough!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Joanna

Joanna P. · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Absolutely Wonderful

Great River was incredible to work with! With all the uncertainty (due to Covid-19) surrounding our original wedding plans, two weeks before our wedding day we reached out to Great River (Gail) and they worked with us to make our completely outdoor wedding a reality in such a short time! Our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves, the food and couldn't get over how beautiful the grounds were. Great experience all around.

Sent on 09/01/2020
  • Alexandria

Alexandria P. · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Wedding Review

We got married on April 27, 2019 and I cannot say enough good things about Great River Golf Club. This venue is a beautiful combination of elegance an intimacy. I worked with Gail, Erin and Julianne and they are all wonderful in their own way. The day of our wedding we felt no stress at all and I wish I could relive that day everyday at Great River. My favorite thing about Great River is that it is an intimate setting and they only hold one wedding at a time. As a bride, this was a big deal for me. To all future brides, I will recommend Great River Golf Club for my entire life !!!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Ariana S. · Married on 12/09/2020

Amazing experience!

We could not be more happy that we chose Great River Golf Club for our September 2020 Wedding. We knew within the first minutes of our initial tour that not only was GRGC a beautiful and perfect wedding location, but that Gail, Erin and all of the GRGC staff were friendly and dedicated. We booked GRGC in the fall of 2019, pre-covid. Once covid hit, as many 2020 couple felt, we were overwhelmed and nervous. However, Gail & Erin worked closely with us from March to our wedding date to make sure we always knew the latest guidelines, felt comfortable and were able to make needed accommodations. Our plans for the day changed many times, and throughout the process, the GRGC team was there to support us and make our vision a reality. A great example is a month before our wedding our photographer backed out, Gail recommended alternatives for us, and we booked a new photographer within days. We already have our photos and love them! Another example is 2 weeks before our wedding, we had to cancel our rehearsal dinner location due to covid restrictions. GRGC was able to host our rehearsal dinner with a private room and custom menu! With all of the last minute changes & covid restrictions, we are so grateful to say that on September 12, 2020 we had our perfect wedding, on our original date and it was even more beautiful and perfect then we ever could have imagined. The food was terrific (thank you Chef Matt & team), the requested drinks were available and delicious (Thank you Dan & team), the grounds were beautiful and more importantly our family and friends felt safe and welcome. Thank you to the whole GRGC team for making our day perfect. We recommend GRGC to couples looking for a beautiful location with a dedicated team that will support them and make their special day custom and perfect!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Juli · Married on 11/18/2020

Positive team and beautiful location!

Julianne and Erin were absolutely amazing to work with! I have received so many compliments on these ladies and all their hard work to keeping things flowing beautifully on our wedding day. We had a magical wedding at Great River!! I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/12/2020

Lindsay · Married on 09/18/2020

Perfect Wedding Venue

Gail, Lisanne, and Erin are the most amazing people to work with! We booked our wedding with Great River over two years prior to our wedding date and they worked with us every step of the way! Gail and Erin were especially flexible when it came to planning our wedding with COVID and made sure our day was safe and perfect! Lisanne was there for us every moment of our special day, whether it was holding my bouquet, fluffing my train, or making sure every detail was absolutely perfect. They all exceeded our expectations! On top of that, Great River is a beautiful golf club for a wedding.

Sent on 10/02/2020
  • Demetri

Demetri X. · Married on 09/06/2020

Great venue and amazing staff

Great River Golf Club has gone above and beyond since day 1. We had an amazing consultation with Erin and fell in love with this venue instantly. The services offered to us for our wedding event was very reasonably priced. Both Erin and Gail have been accommodating with all our requests and have surpassed our expectations. Erin put together a great checklist for us of everything we need up until the day of our special event, provided a great deal of vendor recommendations, and is very swift to respond to all our requests. The complimentary tasting at their restaurant, Monty's River Grille, was fantastic. We were very satisfied with the menu selection and quality of the food at the tasting. We highly recommend this venue for anybody's wedding event!

Sent on 04/30/2020
  • Emily

Emily T. · Married on 06/13/2020

5 Star Experience

We worked with Gail, Erin, Lisanne, Grace, Dan and many others behind the scenes to coordinate our 11/20/20 wedding. We planned and booked our wedding way before the pandemic even started. Great River worked with us every step of the way. Shortly before our wedding, the numbers of guests had to be lowered per state restrictions. The team at GR came up with innovative and creative ways so we could still have a wedding that are our guests could safely enjoy. The team also worked so incredibly hard to decorate the entire venue for Christmas in ONE AND HALF short days. It was absolutely stunning. Our guests still rave about the venue, the decor, the food, and just the overall atmosphere. We loved doing our first look photographs at various locations on the gorgeous grounds including the amazing waterfall that was still running at the end of November. We were extremely lucky to have a gorgeous weather day. Thank you EVERYONE for providing Kevin and I with a wedding during a global pandemic that was safe and fun for everyone in attendance including your own dedicated staff members.

Sent on 12/05/2020

Brie D. · Married on 03/10/2020

Our Amazing Wedding!

We just had our wedding two weeks ago at Great River Golf Club and all we can say is that it stunning. From the first time we met Gail just after we got engaged, she was so welcoming, never pushed GR on us and gave us time to make our decision, and it was pretty easy with that scenery! Throughout the wedding planning process, even with the pandemic, Gail always kept us in the loop and on schedule, she gave us the option to reschedule but support us to continue moving forward and introduced us to Erin. Erin was always attentive with emails, responding to simple questions we had, and made sure we had a great time and to EAT on our wedding night. Chelsea another team member was awesome and took some amazing pictures of our decor and set up as so many brides take so much time planning the intimate details. During our meal tasting, Chef Matt came out to introduce himself, learned about us as a couple and made special touches to bring our Irish heritage out. Several of our guest said “they wanted a straw for the Guinness Demi sauce to suck it up, it was that good” that was served with the steak. Everyone of the guests that we have spoken with have raved about the food, and the amazing service of the staff, especially during cocktail hour. It was truly an unbelievable day and as a bride and groom we never worried once about our guests and if they would be taken care of. If we had to redo it all over again, we would always choose Great River!

Sent on 10/16/2020

Maryn Y. · Married on 10/08/2019

Wonderful Experience!

My husband and I were so pleased with Great River for our wedding venue! It is such a beautiful venue and the grounds are a perfect backdrop for photos. What set them apart from other venues we looked at was that we were the only wedding that day so it felt intimate and personal. We worked with Gail, Erin and Karin and all 3 of them were fantastic! They made us feel like family. They were very accommodating with our requests and responsive to our emails. I would highly recommend Great River!

Sent on 04/05/2020

Jennifer B. · Married on 09/14/2019

Accommodating staff that made our day unforgettable

My husband and I got married at Great River on September 14, 2019. When we were searching venues, it was most important for us to work with an accommodating staff. The entire staff at Great River exceeded our expectations with every single element of planning for our wedding. They were professional, patient, flexible, responsive and kind throughout planning into the big day. We worked with Gail and Erin throughout the whole process and Gail, Erin and Lisanne on the big day. We didn't have a wedding planner ahead of the wedding day, so having Lisanne as our day-of wedding coordinator was such a lifesaver. The whole staff had smiles on their faces the whole day and made us feel so relaxed and happy. We didn't have to worry about a thing except enjoy our wedding day and they did so much solving behind the scenes that made everything look flawless. We can't recommend this place enough. The food had such high reviews from all of our guests, their management with the vendors was seamless and they were buttoned up and always available to answer all of our questions since Day 1.

Sent on 10/20/2019

Stacey · Married on 08/31/2019

HIGHLY recommended!

My husband and I got married at Great River Golf Course on August 31, 2019. I can not recommend this venue enough!!!!! - not only for the incredible scenery, but also because both Gail and Erin made our planning process and entire wedding day seamless and worry free. Gail answered my emails within hours, sometimes minutes, throughout the whole planning process and Erin made sure I was smiling and happy from start to finish on our big day. One of the best things about Great River is the brick breezeway because, unlike most other venues, it acts as an outdoor backup for unfortunate rainy wedding days. We thankfully didn’t have to use it, and got married at the gazebo, but you can still get married outside if it rains under the breezeway and not have to use the reception ballroom as both... we found that very unique and really important. GR is also relatively affordable compared to other venues in the area. Overall I would strongly recommend Great River as a wedding venue.

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Leti

Leti B. · Married on 07/13/2019

GR exceeded our expectations!

Where do I even begin…

My (now) husband and I had our wedding reception at Great River Golf Club this summer— we cannot thank the staff enough!! From the first meetings to the sparkler sendoff they fulfilled all of our expectations, plus more! Gail, Erin and Julianne made us feel completely comfortable and did whatever it took to make us feel stress-free and at ease. They went above and BEYOND to take care of all of our needs and wants. Their level of professionalism is outstanding - from the early days of planning to the execution of the event, they never once failed to accommodate. The day of the wedding Julianne ensured that I ate, stayed hydrated, fixed my dress & makeup during the photo shoot and even helped put on the heel stoppers on my shoes to ensure I wouldn’t damage them as I walked through the grass. My favorite drink is a lychee martini and although they had never heard of this drink, they researched and were able to make quite a delicious lychee martini on the day of the wedding—these ladies know customer satisfaction!

The space is incredible, and they nailed our vision in every way (even surprised us with the chairs I wanted). The FOOD...AMAZING. All of our guests commented about how delicious the food was, and how they couldn't get enough of it. They raved about how attentive the staff were. Our friends and family also couldn't believe how smoothly everything ran. This proved how incredibly well the entire team works together to ensure that every moment of the day ran seamlessly. We can't thank the team enough for the time and effort they put into making this truly, the best day ever!!

Sent on 08/24/2019

Lore B. · Married on 07/06/2019

Our Wedding Day is a day to remember.

Our experience was outstanding. We felt like we were treated like family. The food, venue and suggestions for music providers were beyond our expectations. The attention to detail and the attentive staff helped to make our wedding day one we will never forget. We highly recommend Great River.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Lisa T. · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue

The entire staff at Great River went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect. They were extremely accommodating with every request and they paid attention to all of the small details that make a wedding day perfect, which I really appreciate! The food was amazing and you cannot beat the beauty of the golf course environment! I highly recommend Great River Golf Club for a wedding venue!

Sent on 08/24/2019

Suzanne P. · Married on 06/22/2019

It was an excellent experience!

We just hosted our daughter's wedding at Great River Golf Club. Long story short, it was wonderful! Thank you Gail, Erin, Lisanne, Dan and to all of your wonderful team for making our day just perfect.

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie M. · Married on 06/21/2019

The absolute wedding venu

Gail, Lisanne, Erin and the team at Great River Golf golf were amazing!! They made our dream wedding come true. The venu was beautiful and they made sure the wedding set up was perfect! They are the nicest people at Great River and truly have your best interest in mind. Everyone was always so helpful every step of the way. The food was also delicious and catered to different food allergies and preferred meal options.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Brittany C. · Married on 06/08/2019

Made my dreams come true

I literally cannot say enough about Great River. They made my wedding dreams come true. Gail, Erin, and the team there made sure my wedding was everything I wanted and more. I didn't have to worry the day of they set up everything for us. They treated me like a princess. The grounds itself are so beautiful its breath taking. My guests couldn't stop talking about the wedding as whole. The food was good the bartenders were very responsive with no lines waiting for drinks. If I could do my wedding over again I wouldn't change this venue at all

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Christa

Christa · Married on 05/25/2019

The wedding of our dreams

Beautiful venue. We could not have asked for a more perfect day. Great River went above and beyond our expectations. Absolutely beautiful

Sent on 05/26/2019
  • April

April · Married on 05/18/2019

May 2019 Wedding

Our wedding at Great River was absolutely beautiful. The grounds are gorgeous and our guests commented all night about how beautiful it was there. They also have a great backup rain option under their breezeway which is one of the reasons we chose the venue (so many places only have the ballroom as your backup option). It was also one of the more affordable venue options we found that had food and open bar included!

Gail, Lisanne and Erin were all amazing to work with and truly know what they’re doing. Gail always answered my constant emails promptly and kept me at ease. The night itself went smoothly, everyone had an amazing time and my husband and I didn’t have to worry about a thing.

I will always recommend Great River to brides and know they will continue doing an amazing job!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey J. · Married on 02/11/2019

Outstanding Experience

Having our wedding at Great River was the best decision we made. Our day was perfect! The wedding planning team helped us every step of the way in the planning process and responded promptly to all of our emails and questions. The venue was immaculate and decorated perfectly for the theme of our wedding. During the wedding, our bridal concierge made sure we had everything we needed and was attentive and polite. The food was delicious, and we will definitely be coming back to Monty's for dinner to celebrate our anniversary and other occasions. Overall, Great River is a fantastic venue, and we would highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Richard G. · Married on 01/05/2019

Excellent experience all the way around

Our wedding reception at Great River was perfect! From the professionalism of the staff, to the quality of the venue and the food, just a perfect day for us in every way. Gail and Erin were responsive to our requests, even the last minute changes and they truly enjoy their work. I can't recommend this venue highly enough. There was no stress at all from the initial preparation to the final review. Gail and Erin made our experience so enjoyable down to the very last detail. Chef Michael's food was incredible and the ease of working with the staff makes this venue a wonderful place to have a reception. Even with all the rain on the day of our wedding, the grounds were beautiful and Erin braved the weather with us, just to make sure we were happy with every aspect of our day. We could not be happier with the whole experience with Great River and with Gail and Erin specifically. They are amazing!

Sent on 01/16/2019

Heather · Married on 12/01/2018

We had the most amazing wedding at Great River!

We recently had our wedding at Great River. It was the best day of our lives! They did an amazing job with everything. Can’t thank them enough!

Sent on 01/31/2019