Great River Golf Club Reviews

Great River Golf Club 6
Great River Golf Club 7

Dawn M · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly Recommend!!

I got married and had my reception in October 2018 at Great River and could not have asked for a better experience. Everyone was very helpful and Gail and Lisanne were very accommodating and attentive. Our guests are still saying how beautiful Great River was, how great the food was and how it was one of the best weddings they had attended. I would highly recommend them to any couple looking for a wedding and/or reception venue.

Courtney · Married on 09/15/2017

The team at GR were fantastic. We looked at over 20+ venues before we decided due to the pricing and outdoor ceremony space. The entire property is fantastic. The back-up for the outdoor ceremony is great because you are covered and still outside. We didn't have to use it, but in case weather was bad we could. Gail and Julianne were probably the most organized people we met. They listened to everything we requested and returned ten fold. They made our day so perfect and stress free. I highly recommend renting out Monty's grille for cocktail hour so you can have the entire property to yourself. Food was delicious. bridal and groom suites were amazing. Waterfall for pictures was beautiful and a complete surprise when we saw it the first time. Friday pricing was great and you have all day to relax and we were able to get in early to set up and prepare for the day. Thank to everyone at GR who made our day special. It was truly fantastic and we will never forget everything you did on our wedding day! We will certainly be back to visit!

Jessie · Married on 07/01/2017

My husband and I could not be happier with Great River Golf Club for our wedding reception. The reason we chose Great River was because of the gorgeous, picturesque scenery. Working with Gail made the wedding process stress-free and joyous. She worked so hard to make sure everything was exactly as we wanted it. Our bridal concierge, Julianne, was equally as fantastic. During the wedding she anticipated my needs even before I realized them. Our guest raved about the food and the service was impeccable. I would not hesitate to recommend Great River Golf Club for a wedding reception. They made our big day truly unforgettable.

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2017

I was married at Great River in June and could not be happier with the venue, food, and service we received. Gail, who was my contact leading up to the wedding, was extremely responsive and accommodating. They were able to modify the menu to fit our needs and even ordered special items for the bar for our signature cocktails that they wouldn't normally carry. Julianne, my bridal concierge, was more helpful than I could have imagined. Everything ran smoothly and they were in touch with all of my vendors ahead of time to take some of that stress off me. The whole team is courteous and capable, they even helped repair my mother's shoe when it broke. This was an all-around wonderful experience and I would highly recommend working with Great River for your wedding or event. You will be in good hands.

• Laura

Laura · Married on 04/28/2017

After visiting several venues, we came upon Great River and absolutely fell in love! We originally were going to have a fall wedding and because of the dogwood trees blooming upon entering and all the gorgeous flowers, we went with spring!
    Absolutely romantic and perfect. Gail and Liz-Anne were incredible. Liz-Anne was there for Sean and I during our entire wedding asking us what we need, what can I get for you and Gail had been with us on our journey for a year. From the first tour to the first tasting to the rehearsal dinner everything was flawless.
    Everything was stunning, the food was incredible, ambiance was amazing, and to be honest, we got super lucky with 80 degree weather, but would not had been disappointed if it rained because the breezeway is just as romantic as the gazebo.
    We took our first look shots by the clock tower and went to the waterfall on the green to take more pictures.
    An absolute dream! Thank you all so much for your hard work! Our special day was everything we could've hoped for and more.
    Also, the bridal suite had since been redone and it looks great!

Rose · Married on 12/03/2016

We werw maeries 12/3/2016. Gail and Wanopron werror amazing! Our reception was more than we could have ever asked for. The room looked beautiful....the food was delicious.....could have cut the petit Filet with a fork. Wan was so attentive as our wedding day concierge. She was in the background ready to do absolutely anything we asked her to and she anticipated anything we may need. A wonderful experience all the way around!!

Erin · Married on 10/01/2016

Gail and Lisanne were great to work with while planning our wedding. They thought of every detail that hadn't crossed my mind and offered great suggestions when I couldn't make a decision.

David & Maureen · Married on 09/17/2016

Our wedding was small but everything was done top shelf by the staff. Gail was wonderful

Amber · Married on 09/04/2016

We honestly could not have dreamed of a better venue for our wedding! We cannot say enough great things about the entire staff, especially Gail and Julianne. They were incredibly responsive, helpful, and catered to our every wish and need. GRGC was the perfect setting for both our ceremony and reception. The reception ballroom was perfect because it fit all of our guests comfortably but it still felt very intimate so that we could see all of our guests from where we were sitting and they could see us. The food was delicious; our guests still rave about the passed hor d'oeuvres. We are SO happy with our experience at the Great River Golf Club. They truly made our dream wedding day a reality.

Staff was incredibly attentive and helpful. Venue was beautiful! Everyone raved about the food. Very fair price. We could not be happier with choosing GRGC.

Tess · Married on 06/25/2016

GRGC was unbelievable. From the beginning to the very day of our wedding and even after, with respect to holding on to stuff that got left, GRGC and our wedding consultants were fabulous. They were there the entire process, emailing me updates, confirming and re-confirming menus, table layouts, down to the details that only they would think of. The day of our wedding they were our go-to people, bringing us our favorite drinks, coordinating the entire day of events and ensuring it went off without a hitch. The venue was beyond beautiful (even with a rainy day!), the food was delicious and all staff was incredible. They all accommodated my husband and I and really made sure we felt special and taken care of.

• Sherry

Sherry · Married on 04/23/2016

We had our wedding reception at GRGC last month (April 2016). Everything was perfect! We worked with Lindsay who was on top of every detail, quick to respond and accomodated whatever we needed including some special requests. We were a little concerned when the venue was purchased by Sacred Heart University but Lindsay and everyone at Great River delivered the exact day we were promised from cocktail hour to dinner to the end. We did host our cocktail hour at Monty's and would recommend doing so. For the money, it is well worth it. Guests were happy to be able to sit outside to enjoy cocktail hour with the beautiful views. Also, we would highly recommend renting the wedding gold cart. This gave us a little bit of time away from everyone before the reception and the pictures are beyond beautiful. We received so many compliments about our day, many guests commented that it was one of the best weddings they ever attended.

We are so happy we went with Great River. First of all Lindsay is wonderful. She responded to all of my emails same day or next day, she answered every question I had, she even offered to personally go to the liquor store the night before our wedding because they no longer carried the whisky my husband wanted for the reception. The ballroom was beautiful, and the bridal sweet was lovely. So many of our guests commented not only on how beautiful everything was, but that the food was amazing. We will look back on our wedding day and remember how wonderful and beautiful it was thanks to Great River.

Katie · Married on 10/17/2015

A wedding day to remember!!

We recently got married at Great River and cannot say enough about our wonderful experience! From the beginning the staff was helpful, attentive and accommodating. The food was great and our guests had a great time. Thank you Gail, Lisann, Erin and Dan for a memorable wedding!! Katie and Jason Cameron

Great River Golf Club 8
    Great River Golf Club 14
    Great River Golf Club 15
    Great River Golf Club 16

Troy · Married on 09/25/2015

The entirety of our experience with Great River honestly could not have been better! From the start, we were introduced to Lindsay who was our personal event coordinator. She was incredibly responsive to all of our questions throughout the planning process and was always a pleasure to deal with. The day of the wedding we were also given a personal bridal concierge named Wan. Wan was also incredible. She made sure we had everything we needed all day long and made sure everything ran smoothly. We also had brought a lot of decorations and Lindsay and her team set everything up exactly how we had imagined. Our guests all were raving about their meals and the venue is absolutely stunning. I also played golf before the wedding and the entire staff was congratulating me and we had an incredible day on the course. We could not have asked for a better day; and Lindsay, Wan, and the entire staff at Great River are to thank for that.

Our wedding at Great River was wonderful! The staff is very professional and extremely attentive, and Lindsay is so organized and helpful. The grounds are gorgeous and the food is delicious. We would absolutely recommend Great River to any couple looking for a stress-free wedding experience!

Debbie · Married on 06/06/2015

We had a wonderful experience planning our daughter's wedding. Lindsay was wonderful, very helpful, very knowledgeable about everything. Everything was perfect, right down to every detail. Lindsay helped us choose the vendors with a preferred list and all the choices were great. The servers were great, very kind, courteous and helpful.

Having our wedding at Great River Golf Club was the smartest decision we made. The event staff is fantastic. They were extremely helpful throughout the planning process and on the day of the wedding there were numerous people ready to assist with anything and everything we needed. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Great River to anyone.

Our wedding at Great River Golf Club was exceptional! The entire staff was very attendant while simultaneously remaining behind the scenes during our entire day. We could not have wished for a smoother day, which was largely due to all at GR. The event planner is absolutely tremendous! She is extremely organized, offers wonderful suggestions, and is completely accomodating throughout the entire process. She is very responsive to emails and all questions, and might become your best friend during the process! We would absolutely recommend planning an event at GR!

Cristina · Married on 04/25/2015

Great River was the perfect place to have our wedding! The venue is so beautiful, and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I honestly didn't have to worry about a single thing that day, because they took care of every detail. It is now a month after the wedding, and our guests are still telling us about how much fun they had, and how much they loved the venue. I really can't thank Great River enough for making our wedding day so perfect!

I realized I never wrote a review and it is coming up on our one year anniversary.. and I was thinking about just how amazing our wedding was at Great River! We had a picture perfect sunny ceremony at the gazebo, followed by a cocktail hour overlooking the golf course as the sun set, and our reception in the beautiful ballroom. Lindsay was great and so nice to work with. She was extremely organized and helpful in answering all of my questions the same day. The staff takes care of everything for you, and I was so happy on the day of when I saw that everything was set up exactly how I had envisioned it! Julianne, the concierge, was so wonderful and helpful on the day of, making sure everything went smoothly, telling us what was next, & getting us whatever we needed! We didn’t have to worry about one thing on the day of, it was all taken care of and everything flowed perfectly. We were really able to just relax and enjoy our big day! We got so many compliments on the delicious food and how absolutely beautiful the venue was. The only downside was that GR was a little pricey, and there seemed to be a cost for literally every little thing you wanted to add on. But it is worth it in the end! Thank you Great River staff for making our night so unforgettable - I wish I could do it all over again! Would definitely recommend!

We had a fantastic wedding at Great River last month, and such wonderful comments from our guests about the food (one of the most important things to us!), venue, and staff! Our wedding day was so smooth and well organized the only thing we had to worry about was if we had gotten to spend enough time with each of our guests, many who said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. I would definitely recommend Great River for a venue to host your rehearsal dinner and wedding. From planning up through the big day they were wonderful to work with!

Lindsay, Julianne and the staff did a phenomenal job. The food was excellent, the staff was attentive, and the day was perfect. We truly didn't have to worry about a thing the entire evening. They even took care of a few small mistakes my wife and I made (we forgot some place cards) I honestly couldn't recommend them any more, we do not have a single regret with having them host our wedding. We also had our rehearsal dinner at Monty's which was phenomenal. Throughout the planning process, Lindsay was responsive and helpful.

If you plan a wedding here, here are a couple of recommendations:

1. Rent out Monty's! It's expensive, but worth it. The extra space and atmosphere for the cocktail hour can't be beat. It also allows for the best rain back-up plan on site if you are planning your ceremony there. Not having to worry about the weather in the days leading up to the wedding was a big relief.

2. Julia's is one of their cake vendors, and they were awesome! We received a lot of compliments on how good take cake was, something that doesn't usually happen at most weddings.

3. We used Local Motion Ent. as the DJ, one of Great Rivers preferred vendors. Bill was fantastic and kept the dance floor going all night. He's a true professional and I couldn't recommend him enough. Also, go for the up-lighting as it really brought the room to life.

• I

Iryna · Married on 08/31/2014

Lindsay and Julianne were very helpful on the day of our wedding and made sure that everything went smooth even with the last minute changes due to rain! Thank you both!!!!