1590 Rosecrans Avenue, Ste D #181, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About First Pick Planning

First Pick Planning Services is a wedding & event planning company based in Los Angeles, CA with offices in San Francisco, CA and Orange County, CA. Wether you are planning a wedding or throwing a party, you can be assured that First Pick will make a difference in your event satisfaction. We strive to make people feel welcome and allow our clients to enjoy every moment of their special event with our kind personalities and sincere attention to detail. Making us your first pick for all your event planning needs is a selection you won't regret!

Our services extend all throughout the state of California but we specifically have experience with weddings in LA, San Diego, Temecula, Palm Springs, Orange County, Santa Barbara as well as Las Vegas and beyond. We welcome out-of-state and international event opportunities (owner Jen is fluent in Spanish!) and regardless of the event, our theory is simple: make everyone feel number 1 and have fun!

Please email us at info@firstpickplanning.com to schedule a consultation with a First Pick Planning Coordinator who will meet with you wherever is most convenient either in the San Francisco or Greater Los Angeles areas.

Follow First Pick Planning on

ca83db7acd14c815 1389690600451 20130518 ceremony 163

46 Reviews for First Pick Planning

Bob Freed · Married on 05/26/2019

Great wedding planner

We planned our daughter’s wedding in 4 1/2 months & could not have done it without Jen. She is knowledgeable, personable,
    Organized, & great taste.
    Highly recommend

Sent on 06/16/2019

Bryan · Married on 08/25/2018

First Pick Planning was the easiest and BEST DECISION we made while planning our wedding. Working with Ashley was an absolute dream and she managed to match both mine and my husbands personalities perfectly (Which can be difficult :) ). The planning portion was so efficient and clear. When you start planning your wedding it can seem like you'll never be able to accomplish everything. Ashley kept us ahead of schedule and by doing so allowed us to pick the vendors we actually wanted. The day of the wedding was really where I was blown away. I'm a complete control freak and Ashley looked me dead in the eye and said "I've got this, just focus on getting married!" I was at ease instantly and just allowed myself to be present for the best day of my life. If there were any hiccups or issues, I never heard about it. First Pick truly made the wedding of our dreams and I can't gush enough about them. USE THEM FOR YOUR WEDDING!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Brittney · Married on 07/28/2018

The decision to work with First Pick Planning was without a doubt one of the absolute best choices we made in regards to our wedding!! Wedding Day Management with Ashley made the planning process MUCH more enjoyable, efficient and organized. She made my life SO much easier and helped me think of many tiny details that I otherwise may not have (what cake cutting knife were we using? what song did we want played during times of the reception I hadn't thought of? do we have signs for the bars? etc etc). We originally decided to use a Day of Coordinator/Wedding Day Coordinator at the advice of our venue; but, now having gone through the entire process, I can't imagine not working with a coordinator. It made all the difference in the world! I live on the East Coast & our wedding was in Lake Tahoe, so organization and communication was key throughout planning. Ashley is the epitome of organized and "on top of it" and helped with so many things: our day of timeline, communication with ALL of our vendors, organization of the entire wedding day, referrals for vendors, transport of signs/decorations between the ceremony and reception...I could go on & on. She also has a wonderful & warm personality, was a joy to work with and get to know as a person, & was cool and calm throughout the entire wedding day (which helped everyone else stay relaxed!)!! Lastly, Ashley went totally above and beyond by helping to set-up our reception center pieces, move decorations, make last-minute decisions & helps with our floral arrangements. I would recommend her & First Pick to ANYONE getting married in California and beyond. I now consider Ashley, Jen and the entire First Pick team friends of ours & will forever be grateful for them for their beautiful facilitation of our wedding day!! Thanks again, First Pick Planning!!!

Sent on 09/16/2018

• Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • How many planners are on your team? 5

• Silvertunes Entertainment
    Silvertunes Entertainment Wedding DJs

When it comes to working with a wedding planner, it can go either smooth or very rough. I have had experiences with both and working with Jen at last nights wedding was amazing. She was in constant communication with me to ensure that before i made any announcements as the M.C. that everyone was where they needed to be. She helped facilitate the timing of the formalities to ensure that the photographer got all their shots before having to go overtime which would have cost the client extra. From the first email to the final clean up Jen and her team were professional and very fun to work with. If you are looking for a wedding planner that truly cares about the success of your event you cannot go wrong with First Pick Planning. I cant wait for us to work together again.

• Lotus & Lily Floral and Event Design by Jackie Combs
    Lotus & Lily Floral and Event Design by Jackie Combs Wedding Florists

Jen and her team at First Pick will handle every detail of your event with precision and taste! She is calm, organized and so easy to work with! I love working with Jen!

• Impulse Event Lighting
    Impulse Event Lighting Wedding Decor & Lighting

One word describes First Pick Planning....Professional! As a fellow vendor we appreciate being in the loop of things and well they sure are in check of Itinerary. This helps rents run smooth. We look forward in working together once again in the near future.

• 1590 Rosecrans Avenue, Ste D #181 Manhattan Beach, 90266 See on map