109 Jefferson Street Suite 12, Huntsville, AL 35801 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Finery

Located in historic downtown Huntsville, Alabama Finery's aesthetic displays an unabashed marriage of Parisian parlor meets Rock & Roll attitude. Finery is classic and modern; traditional and progressive; new and old ; respectful and rebellious. There's no bridal playlist on repeat, it's usually 60's Soul or R & B, Rose'or local brew, an easy going staff and on occasion you may be greeted by a Jack Russell Terrier or English Cream Retriever at the door.

Amid a carefully curated collection of wedding gowns, beaded headpieces, silk turbans, an assortment of gifts and delicate lingerie you'll find the creator of it all, Madeline Sandlin. Over the past ten years Sandlin has kept a pulse on the wedding and design industry noting all things fabulous and paying special attention to event planning and design.

Sandlin, who could pen a book chronicling her life experiences and résumé, bashfully chalks it all up to an "a-ha moment". After finishing her degree in London and a brief stint in culinary school, Sandlin found her way to "Music City". In Nashville, she founded a concierge and styling business catering to music executives, celebrity chefs and award winning singer/songwriters, most notably assisting the Cash family.

One event led to another and in 2012, Finery opened its doors attracting brides from all walks of life, style ethos and price points.

Our process has become our mission; to push the boundaries in the world of bridal and event styling and to surpass the expectations you have for one of the most special days of your life.

tjm6339
fbec06f952c3959e Finery Marrakech V2 HR 19
static1 squarespace

49 Reviews for Finery

Caitlin · Married on 05/30/2017

I found a dress online during the Summer Solstice Sale and drove from Florence to try it on! Madeline and her manager were accommodating in keeping the store open later so I could come after work. She was very patient with me and helped pull a few more options for me to try. I ended up getting the one I originally came for and I LOVE IT!! It's hard to find a shop that curates as well as Finery.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Katie · Married on 11/05/2016

I found Finery and was surprised to see it was a couple blocks away from where I work. I made an appointment and immediately knew this was where I'd find my dress. I learned quickly that Madeline and Chelsea are experts creatively and professionally. Their advice and inspiration proved to be invaluable throughout the entire process.

I didn't find my dress at my first appointment, but they worked to make sure I ended up in the dress I needed to be in. I fell in love with the & FOR LOVE Celestine dress online-- this was the only dress I had found anywhere that I loved-- and was super excited to try it on. I made another appointment during their trunk show, walked over to the shop on my lunch break, tried on the dress, fell in love, and bought it then and there. Super easy.

Madeline and Chelsea really made me and my family/friends feel welcomed and valued every time we showed up to the shop. Any time I emailed them a question about anything I got a super helpful response within an hour or two. Yuko, the seamstress, was also just incredible. She was super easy to work with, super friendly, made exactly the changes I asked for (and beautifully), and would have the alterations done in a few days.

I couldn't be happier with the dress, the service, and the experience!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Finery's reply:

Thanks babes. We love you!

These girls are awesome. I have heard wonderful things about this shop from others but it exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Finery FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $1,000 - $2,499, $2,500 - $3,999, $4,000 - $6,499, $6,500 - $7,999
  • How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of the Bride, Father of the Groom, Groom, Groomsmen
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Consignment, Full Customization, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Undergarments, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? 6-8 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns? Seasonally
  • What is your return policy? Final Sales
  • What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 2,750.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 5,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Day-of Coordination, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Cultural, Destination, Elopement, Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 4

Real Weddings

• Loring & Co
    Loring & Co Wedding Jewelers

Finery is by far the best place in North Alabama to find the most exceptional dresses in production today. The staff will go above and beyond to make sure all the details are just right.

• Allison Jansen Photography
    Allison Jansen Photography Wedding Photographers

Finery is fantastic! If you want to feel pampered and as if the world revolves around you and your dress, this is the place to go. Since they are on an appointment only basis, you not only have their full attention but you also have plenty of room to bring friends and family and really make an event out of it.

• Caught You On Camera
    Caught You On Camera Wedding Photographers

Finery's eye for detail & creativity are sure to make your big day very special!

• 109 Jefferson Street, Suite 12 Huntsville, 35801 See on map