Hamilton, Hamilton, BD BD 0000Z Map · Phone number · Visit website
Most Popular Price $4,500
Availability Check your date
  • Deals 4

About Fiander Foto

Ciao Tutti ~ I'm Melanie Fiander - the face behind the lens of Fiander Foto! (Pronounced F-eye-and-ER)

When it comes to photographing weddings and events, I’m not there to merely “take photographs” but to capture precious moments and deliver a collection of carefully selected and edited photos you’ll adore and enjoy for generations to come. With over fifteen years of photographic experience, I offer a professional, fun, and unobtrusive approach to destination wedding and lifestyle photography.

I'm originally from the Washington D.C. Area (Go CAPS!) and now work and reside in Bermuda with my husband, Jim, and our three-legged cat, affectionately named Tricycle. Along with working on the beautiful island of Bermuda, I also LOVE to travel the globe to photograph weddings and events.

Shot in the both photojournalist and traditional styles, I capture the special and unique moments, which will be looked at and enjoyed for generations to come! To help ensure that each client receives a fabulous “Fiander Foto” experience and product, I not only work as a lead photographer but I also handle the bookings, personally edit my own photos, design my clients' wedding albums and photo books, and offer consultations.

Along with photographing weddings and events, I also capture events, proposals, engagements, maternity/babymoon, live birth, newborn, family, and vacation portrait sessions too! Beyond the camera, I offer photo tours, mentorships, and am available for workshops.

I hold two Bachelor of Arts Degrees from Lynchburg University in Virginia; one in Studio Art with an emphasis in Photography and one in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. My photo journalistic approach was learned at the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies in Portland, Maine at the age of 22. After which, I earned my MFA in photography and video from Maine College of Art. Since then, I have enjoyed every moment spent behind the camera and with my clients!

My work has been featured in Destination Weddings & Honeymoons Abroad, New York Weddings, PDN, The Vendor Report, Ländle Wedding's "Seasons of Yes", Whimsically Wed, Bermuda Weddings and Honeymoons, Bermudian Weddings, How He Asked by The Knot, The Gray Collective, Wedding Wire, United With Love, National Geographic, It Started With Yes, Glittery Bride, 100 Layer Cake, Lets Bee Together, The Newport Bride, and Wedding Chicks.

When I'm not photographing my "Fiander Foto Clients", you can find me under a large straw hat - milling about the garden - with my husband and our cat.

melanie fiander of fiander foto non wedding pre wedding 2 51 719651

Fiander Foto 6
Fiander Foto 7
  • Sarah

Sarah OBrien · Getting married on 05/16/2020

Wonderful experience with Melanie!

Melanie is a wonderful photographer to work with! Not only is she extremely talented at what she does but she is so kind and goes above and beyond for her clients. She captured such a special and meaningful moment in our lives and we cannot thank her enough for that! Our Bermuda proposal was something we will cherish forever!

xo Sarah and Danny

Sent on 12/03/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Sarah & Danny, Thank you for your very kind review. I'm so happy to hear that you two had a positive experience with me capturing your proposal, which was such an amazing moment! I had fun planning the photography part of the proposal with Danny and had a blast working with the two of you. Many congrats on your engagement! Cheers, Melanie Fiander | Fiander Foto
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Getting married on 05/16/2020

Amazing destination photographer

Melanie has been amazing from start to finish for our family vacation session. We traveled to Bermuda for my parents 40th wedding anniversary and I contacted Melanie for a family session. Planning the session and helping with directions and transportation on the island, Melanie guided us through all the details, and her knowledge and suggestions on location options were fantastic. As soon as we met Melanie I was so excited for our session. We had so much fun, she kept us all laughing and comfortable in front of the camera. I was so happy when I received the gallery, and how quickly we she got them back to us! The photos are amazing and I am grateful that Melanie captured these memories for my family.
    If you travel to Bermuda for vacation, please make time to schedule a session with Melanie! we can't thank her enough!

Sent on 05/13/2019
    Fiander Foto 8
    Fiander Foto 9
    Fiander Foto 10
    Fiander Foto 11
    Fiander Foto 12
    Fiander Foto 13

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Stephanie! Thank you SO MUCH for your kind words and 5-star Review. You and your family were so fun to work with! I'm glad to hear that you and the crew not only enjoyed the photos but also the overall experience of working with me. Please be sure to look me up next time you guys are in town! Cheers!

Fiander Foto FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs

4 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Fiander Foto 1
    -3%
    3% discount for WeddingWire couples
  • Fiander Foto 2
    Mountain Wedding

We love a good ole fashioned "Mountain Top Wedding"! If you're getting hitched in the mountains, send us an email to find out how you can save!

melanie@fianderfoto.com

• Fiander Foto 3
    Destination Wedding Sale

Are you getting married some place awesome (outside of Bermuda)?

If so, email me & mention this deal from Wedding Wire to see how you can save!

melanie@fianderfoto.com