Most Popular Price $4,500
Availability Check your date

About Fiander Foto

Ciao Tutti ~ With over fifteen years of photographic experience, I, Melanie Fiander of Fiander Foto, offer a professional, fun, and unobtrusive approach to destination wedding photography. I'm originally from the Washington D.C. area and now live in Bermuda with my husband, Jim and our three-legged cat, affectionately named Tricycle. Along with working on the beautiful island of Bermuda, I also travel the globe to photograph weddings and events.

Shot in both the photojournalistic and traditional styles, I capture the special and unique moments of your big day, which will be looked at and enjoyed for generations to come! To help ensure that each client receives a fabulous “Fiander Foto” experience and product, I not only work as a lead photographer but I also handle the bookings, personally edit my own photos, design my clients' wedding albums and photo books, and offer consultations on any photo related query.

I'm not only available to hire for weddings but I also photograph events, proposals, engagements, maternity/babymoon, live birth, newborn, family, and vacation portrait sessions too! Beyond the camera, I also offer photo tours, mentorships, and am available for workshops.

My interest in photography started at the young age of 14, when I would borrow my mother’s camera. At 17, I purchased my first camera for $75: a classic Pentax K1000. I hold two Bachelor of Arts Degrees from Lynchburg College; one in Studio Art with an emphasis in Photography and one in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. My photo journalistic approach was learned at the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies in Portland, Maine at the age of 22. After which, I earned my MFA in photography and video from Maine College of Art.

Since then, I have enjoyed every moment spent behind the camera and with my clients! My work has been featured in Destination Weddings & Honeymoons Abroad, The Vendor Report, Ländle Wedding's "Seasons of Yes", Whimsically Wed, Bermuda Weddings and Honeymoons, Bermudian Weddings, How He Asked by The Knot, The Gray Collective, Wedding Wire, United With Love, National Geographic, It Started With Yes, 100 Layer Cake, Lets Bee Together, The Newport Bride, and Wedding Chicks.

When I'm not photographing my "Fiander Foto Clients", you can find me under a large straw hat - milling about the garden with my husband and our cat. On that note: I'd love to hear about your upcoming event; feel free to send me an e-mail or give me a call:

E-mail: melanie@fianderfoto.com

Fiander Foto 4
Fiander Foto 5
  • Sarah

Sarah OBrien · Getting married on 05/16/2020

Wonderful experience with Melanie!

Melanie is a wonderful photographer to work with! Not only is she extremely talented at what she does but she is so kind and goes above and beyond for her clients. She captured such a special and meaningful moment in our lives and we cannot thank her enough for that! Our Bermuda proposal was something we will cherish forever!

xo Sarah and Danny

Sent on 12/03/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Sarah & Danny, Thank you for your very kind review. I'm so happy to hear that you two had a positive experience with me capturing your proposal, which was such an amazing moment! I had fun planning the photography part of the proposal with Danny and had a blast working with the two of you. Many congrats on your engagement! Cheers, Melanie Fiander | Fiander Foto
  • Donleigh

Donleigh Honeywell · Getting married on 11/10/2019

A creative mind for beautiful compositions!

Mel looks at something that is ordinary and makes it extraordinary! She was able to peak through leaves to give a unique boarder around us; she is patient & flexible even got down on the ground to capture the best angle and lighting; she connected & communicated the entire process to make us feel at ease from scheduling of our photoshoot date, up to the actual day of photos &
    even continuing her great work all the days following - ensuring all questions were answered & we felt her passion for what she does as it was very apparent in the photos that we received! We love her and her photography skills! A truly enjoyable experience with an amazing outcome, what else could you wish for!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Fiander Foto 6

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Donleigh, Thank you so much for your kind words and amazing review! I had such a great time working with you two and am glad to hear that my passion for wedding photography "shown through". I'm also glad to hear that you two felt our communication was strong. I'm a firm believer in strong and swift communication - particularly when planning and photographing a wedding! Thank you again for the 5-star review and many congrats to the two of you!

Fiander Foto FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs

• The Traveling Bride
    The Traveling Bride Wedding Planners

Beautiful images, wonderful with clients and very organized. Everything I look for when recommending a photographer to our couples. Looking forward to many weddings together!

• Blueprint Hair Studio
    Blueprint Hair Studio Wedding Hair & Makeup

Fiander Photo is an amazing photography company that takes pride in their work! Their family portraits are to die for as well!!

• BLK chai Photography
    BLK chai Photography Wedding Photographers

Fiander Foto has YEARS of experience and has provided her clients with the utmost care and best level of service. One of the best decisions you could make for your wedding is to book Fiander Foto to capture memories that will last a lifetime.

• Hamilton See on map