Fiander Foto Reviews

Fiander Foto 6
Fiander Foto 7
  • Sarah

Sarah OBrien · Getting married on 05/16/2020

Wonderful experience with Melanie!

Melanie is a wonderful photographer to work with! Not only is she extremely talented at what she does but she is so kind and goes above and beyond for her clients. She captured such a special and meaningful moment in our lives and we cannot thank her enough for that! Our Bermuda proposal was something we will cherish forever!

xo Sarah and Danny

Sent on 12/03/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Sarah & Danny, Thank you for your very kind review. I'm so happy to hear that you two had a positive experience with me capturing your proposal, which was such an amazing moment! I had fun planning the photography part of the proposal with Danny and had a blast working with the two of you. Many congrats on your engagement! Cheers, Melanie Fiander | Fiander Foto
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Getting married on 05/16/2020

Amazing destination photographer

Melanie has been amazing from start to finish for our family vacation session. We traveled to Bermuda for my parents 40th wedding anniversary and I contacted Melanie for a family session. Planning the session and helping with directions and transportation on the island, Melanie guided us through all the details, and her knowledge and suggestions on location options were fantastic. As soon as we met Melanie I was so excited for our session. We had so much fun, she kept us all laughing and comfortable in front of the camera. I was so happy when I received the gallery, and how quickly we she got them back to us! The photos are amazing and I am grateful that Melanie captured these memories for my family.
    If you travel to Bermuda for vacation, please make time to schedule a session with Melanie! we can't thank her enough!

Sent on 05/13/2019
    Fiander Foto 8
    Fiander Foto 9
    Fiander Foto 10
    Fiander Foto 11
    Fiander Foto 12
    Fiander Foto 13

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Stephanie! Thank you SO MUCH for your kind words and 5-star Review. You and your family were so fun to work with! I'm glad to hear that you and the crew not only enjoyed the photos but also the overall experience of working with me. Please be sure to look me up next time you guys are in town! Cheers!
  • Donleigh

Donleigh Honeywell · Getting married on 11/10/2019

A creative mind for beautiful compositions!

Mel looks at something that is ordinary and makes it extraordinary! She was able to peak through leaves to give a unique boarder around us; she is patient & flexible even got down on the ground to capture the best angle and lighting; she connected & communicated the entire process to make us feel at ease from scheduling of our photoshoot date, up to the actual day of photos &
    even continuing her great work all the days following - ensuring all questions were answered & we felt her passion for what she does as it was very apparent in the photos that we received! We love her and her photography skills! A truly enjoyable experience with an amazing outcome, what else could you wish for!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Fiander Foto 14

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Donleigh, Thank you so much for your kind words and amazing review! I had such a great time working with you two and am glad to hear that my passion for wedding photography "shown through". I'm also glad to hear that you two felt our communication was strong. I'm a firm believer in strong and swift communication - particularly when planning and photographing a wedding! Thank you again for the 5-star review and many congrats to the two of you!

Jennifer · Married on 02/16/2019

Amazing mini photo session

Melanie not only captured our very 1st family photos with our 6 month old but she also captured our first trip as a family to Bermuda. Melanie is thorough, prompt, professional and so very kind. We had a great time on our mini photo shoot and Melanie made us feel comfortable within seconds. Thanks for capturing so many amazing memories for us Fiander Foto!!!

Sent on 02/22/2019

Christina · Married on 11/27/2018

Great Photographer

Melianie did a great job capturing exactly what we wanted for our photo shoot. She was quick to capitalize on any great photo ops and was able to adapt to the change in light/certain requests for photos. She was extremely patient with us and we love the outcome of our photo shoot with Melanie.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Christina, thanks so much for your kind words and rave review. You guys were so natural in front of the camera, which made my job that much more fun! I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying the photos. Thanks again for booking and for this lovely review! Cheers, Melanie

Janis J · Married on 10/05/2018

Best Wedding Photographer EVER

We hired Melanie to capture our wedding this past October. She was wonderful throughout the whole experience. She responded quickly to my emails, helped us plan out the whole day regarding photography, and her images truly captured one of the most special moments of our lives. We'd recommend Melanie to photograph your wedding!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Janis, Thank you so much for your kind words and review! I had such a wonderful time working with you and Mike this past October. You two were adorable and it was my pleasure to capture your big day! Please be sure to look me up next you're in Bermuda. All the best, Melanie (and Jim!)

Alexandra Lima · Married on 08/30/2018

A wonderful experience with a great final product

We had our newborn photos taken with Fiander Foto and are extremely pleased with the overall experience. Melanie is very professional and personable; she made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and was easy to work with. As a result, the photos were natural and beautifully captured the joy we have as a new family. I would highly recommend Fiander Foto.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Alexandra! Thank you so much for your kind words and 5-star Review! I'm happy to hear that you and your family not only enjoyed your photos but also your overall experience with Fiander Foto! I had an absolute blast working with all of you and capturing your family of four! Thank you again! Kindest Regards - Melanie

Alyssa Jarvis · Married on 08/20/2018

Above and beyond

Melanie is absolutely amazing!! Unlike most weddings, we arrived to Bermuda by cruise. Everyone needed to take a bus to our ceremony and Melanie offered to ride it with us. She had her husband drop her off and didn’t charge me anything additional for this. She went above and beyond to make sure we got in as many possible photos as we could. She also gave me suggestions on when to have our bride and groom session to make sure we got the best light. She is extremely passionate about her job and it shows! I would highly recommend her to anyone! She also does a fabulous job editing her work.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

WOW! Thank you so much for your kind words Alyssa and amazing review! I'm so happy to hear that you and James enjoyed working with me and were happy with the final images. I had an absolute blast capturing your wedding and that bus ride was SO FUN! It'd be great to connect with you two on your next trip down to "de island"! Thank you again for your written review!

Catherine G Hay · Married on 07/21/2018

Beautiful family shoot

When my husband’s uncle and his family visited Bermuda this past summer we wanted to be sure to capture our growing clan. Mel was the perfect choice. There were 17 of us in five separate family groupings that all were to be included. Mel handled the demands (large number of participants in a short time frame) so professionally and with grace and humour. We all thoughouly enjoyed our evening together - it felt natural and fun. All of this was reflected in the photos which were beautiful and ones we will treasure for years to come.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Catherine, Thank you so much for your kind words and rave review! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and your family again. As a photographer, it's extra special to have the opportunity to work with "repeat clients" such as yourself. I had a blast photographing your wedding a few years ago and it was just as much fun capturing your growing family. Thank you again!

Michelle · Married on 07/05/2018

Talented photographer who captured our wedding beautifully!

We hired Melanie of Fiander Foto to photograph our destination wedding in Bermuda and what an amazing experience it was! She was truly a professional and captured our day so beautifully. The photographs were absolutely stunning and we are very happy with them. She is also very sweet, kind and very easy to work with. Highly, highly recommended! Thank you Melanie! :-)

Sent on 11/28/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

WOW! Thank you, Michelle, for your amazing 5-Star Review! It's always nice to hear positive feedback from clients. You and Tom were a dream to work with and it was truly an honour to capture your wedding day. Please be sure to look me up next time you two are in Bermuda! Again, many congrats on your wedding!

Anna · Married on 06/23/2018

I was referred to Melanie to shoot our wedding this upcoming June 2018. When my fiancé and I came to Bermuda to plan, we decided to do an engagement shoot. As soon as I met Melanie, I knew things were going to be great! She has such a sweet and calming presence to her. It was our first time taking professional photos and she made us feel comfortable and of course it was a blast! When we received our photos, they were beautifully shot, great light and tons of personality shed through. I am so happy to have met Melanie and cannot wait for her to shoot our wedding next year!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Anna, Thank you so much for your awesome review. I’m glad to hear you two enjoyed your Engagement Photos and I’m super stoked to photograph your wedding next June at The Fairmont Southampton! I had so much fun with you two the morning of our shoot & look forward to the BIG day! Cheers!

JENNIFER · event on 04/05/2018

In April 2018, I accompanied my best friend on her babymoon to Bermuda. I wanted to surprise her with a maternity shoot, and thus did my research on photographers on the island. I came across Fiander Foto and was in contact with Melanie. She answered emails timely, helped us pick a location (since we’ve never been to the island), and was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. My friend enjoyed her shoot as Melanie made her feel comfortable and beautiful, and so, it came through in her final pictures. We both highly recommend her for any photography needs!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Jennifer, Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience working with me; the feeling is certainly mutual! I hope to see you next time you're in Bermuda! Cheers!

Rachel · event on 04/01/2018

We had a lovely family photo session with Melanie back in early April. The location (Church Bay) and weather cooperated providing a beautiful backdrop. But it was working with Melanie that made the experience so memorable. Her communication was outstanding, and her gentle demeanor made us all feel relaxed during the shoot...which isn’t easy when you don’t have confidence having your picture taken. We were so pleased with the images Melanie captured! She truly is a talented artist, and a lovely person to work with. We would give her 6 stars out if 5 as she went above and beyond to capture precious moments from our family visit to Bermuda.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Rachel, Thank you so much for your kind words and rave review! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience working with me & loved your photos. You and your family were a pleasure to work with and I hope to see all of you back on your next trip to Bermuda! Cheers!

Rachel · Married on 04/01/2018

We had a lovely family photo session with Melanie back in early April. The location (Church Bay) and weather cooperated providing a beautiful backdrop. But it was working with Melanie that made the experience so memorable. Her communication was outstanding, and gentle demeanor made us feel relaxed during the shoot...which isn't easy when you don't have confidence having your picture taken. We were so pleased with the images Melanie captured! She truly is a talented photographer, and a lovely person to work with. We would give her 6 out of 5 stars as she went above and beyond to capture precious moments from our family visit to Bermuda.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Rachel, Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. I had such a wonderful time with you and your family. I'm very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the whole experience of working with me along with the photographs. Please be sure to get in touch next time you're in Bermuda; we'll grab a coffee! All the best, Melanie

Erin · Married on 03/17/2018

Back in March, my husband, 2 year old daughter and I traveled to Bermuda for a little getaway from the New England winter. I was 28 weeks pregnant and was looking for a photographer to capture some family photos on the beach. We were so lucky to have found Melanie. She was very quick to respond to my inquiry, and very accommodating. She was flexible and very patient with my two year old daughter who did not want to cooperate for sunrise photos on the beach. We are incredibly impressed and happy with Melanie's work and hope to work with her again in the future.

Sent on 05/12/2018
    Fiander Foto 15

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Erin, Thank you so much for your rave review; much appreciated! I had a blast working with the three of you and am so glad to hear you not only enjoyed the final photos but the entire experience. Please feel free to look me up on your next trip down to Bermuda when you'll be a family of four! Cheers, M

Melissa · Married on 10/28/2017

As a professional event planner and as a bride, I wanted to work with vendors who are talented, provide excellent services for a great value, and can make the experience both professional and enjoyable. Melanie is all these things and more! Melanie was our photographer for our engagement shoot, our rehearsal dinner and our wedding day. She made everyone feel comfortable—even our most camera-shy friends and family. My husband and I could not be happier with the way the photos turned out. She managed to capture the all the joy and love from the weekend, and made sure that everyone looked natural and beautiful. The process of working with Melanie was easy, straightforward, and best of all, a lot of fun. We are extremely happy with how she captured our memories. If you’re looking for a calm, efficient, and truly gifted photographer, book Fiander Foto!

Sent on 12/19/2017
    Fiander Foto 16
    Fiander Foto 17
    Fiander Foto 18

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Melissa, Wow! Thank you for your kind words and rave review! I'm very happy to hear that you two liked your photos and that your overall experience of working with me was positive; the feeling is certainly mutual! As a wedding photographer, one of my goals is to make sure that the couple and their guests feel comfortable and to have fun in front of my camera! You two were a blast to photograph; special congrats to you both on your wedding!

Lesley-Jane · Married on 10/21/2017

I really enjoyed working with Melanie of Fiander Foto. I hate having my picture taken and she made it comfortable and easy. Melanie is very responsive and helped out with suggestions for other vendors for our wedding who worked out very well as well. Melanie was very flexible, up front with you and easy to communicate with, which I really appreciated. I loved the pictures she took and I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Lesley, You and Greg were a lot of fun to work with and I enjoyed capturing your wedding! Thank you so much for your 5-star review; greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Chiara · Married on 06/10/2017

We hired Melanie to photograph our wedding in Italy in June of 2017. As one knows, a wedding is a mix of love, joy, happiness, excitement, emotions, fulfilment and achievement for those getting married and the guests. After seeing our photo today, we feel like we are in heaven! We love being able to go back and see what Melanie captured through her lens. Melanie: the pictures are just amazing and every time we look at them, your photos let us relive that unforgettable day again. We can easily see how much care you put into every single picture and every detail. Your professionalism is seen everywhere. You understood exactly what we wanted; you understood US as a couple by capturing our true expressions and emotions. We are so proud that you were The Photographer of The Day. We can't wait to show your pictures to everyone and since we have been looking at them over and over again, you just turned us into two happy smiley people. Thank you for being photographing our wedding so perfectly!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Ciao Chiara,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I had an absolute blast photographing yours and Gigi's wedding in Padua, Italy! The entire wedding day was like a dream and you two were so fun to work with! I greatly appreciate your kind words and hope to see you two in the future.

Cheers!
    Melanie

Emma · event on 05/17/2017

We loved meeting and working with Melanie. She was very flexible with working with a large family all needing family portraits as well as a large family photo. She is extremely friendly and got some really special and great shots that we'll treasure for years to come.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Emma! Thanks so much for your review. It's always nice to receive feedback from clients about their experience in front of my camera! Your family was a lot of fun to work with and I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed the photos! Cheers!

Mary · Married on 05/11/2017

Melanie was absolutely fabulous! She managed to keep everyone calm and happy during all of our sessions the day of the wedding...very impressive!
    I admired her ability to capture moments that were intimate, special, and tasteful.
    I truly enjoyed working with Melanie and totally recommend her photographic talent to capture your special moments.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Mary, I’m excited to hear you had a positive experience working with me from “start to finish” on your wedding day! You two were a lot of fun to work with and I enjoyed capturing your big day in Bermuda. Thanks so much for your kind words and review. I hope to see you two in the future. Cheers!

Alyse · Married on 05/06/2017

Melanie is absolutely wonderful! She has a way of making you feel comfortable and excited in front of the camera. Prior to our wedding, we spoke a lot with Melanie discussing how we wanted our photos to come out. You could tell it was just as important to her as it was to us that we loved our photos, and we absolutely did! The day of the wedding she made everything so easy and even helped us out during a weather crisis! She went above and beyond. Can't recommend Fiander Foto enough!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Alyse, Wow! Thank you for your kind words and support! It's great to hear from clients who are happy with their photos; especially those who also enjoyed working together during the months leading up to the big day. You two were so fun to work with! Thanks again for your review; hope to see you two in the future. Cheers!

Marianna · Married on 04/22/2017

Working with Fiander Foto was the most easy going & fun experiences ever! Not only did she accommodate anything thay I needed some time on but we had so much fun together! She was able to make me naturally laugh during the shoots which made the photos turn out even better. She was great at direction and each shot was tailored to our personalities. I highly recommend Fiander Foto for any shoot especially wedding. She is fantastic!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Marianna! Many thanks for your kind review; I greatly appreciate it! I had such a fun time working with you and your husband; you were both very easy to work with and I remember all of us giggling throughout the bridal portraits. (haha) I'm so happy to hear that you two felt comfortable in front of the camera; that's always one of my goals as a wedding photographer. Again, many thanks for your review and hope to see you two in the future! Cheers!

Bruce · event on 04/17/2017

Melanie Fiander of Fiander Foto did a photo shoot for Donald Clarke and me in April 2017, on the occasion of our 40th anniversary. The session took place in several locations in Washington, DC, including our home and the National Arboretum. Melanie listened to us as we explained the kind of photo we wanted. Then she found the settings and poses that would suit us best. Melanie is very professional and serious about her work but also makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. The result was a set of photos that we were very pleased with. Our favorite is of the two of us in a meadow of daffodils. That is our "official" 40th anniversary portrait. Perfect. Thank you Fiander Foto!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Bruce, Thank you so much for your kind words and review. I had a great time photographing you and Don in D.C. for your 40th anniversary! I was honored to work with you both to help commemorate the occasion and am happy to hear you enjoyed the photos. The photo of you two with the daffodils is also one of my favorites! I hope to see you both in the future. Cheers!

Amanda · event on 03/28/2017

Fiander Foto was amazing for a spring Cherry Blossom photo session with my family this past spring. It was crowded but Melanie managed to get some amazing shots making us feel like the tidal basin was our own private back drop. We even got some shots of my cranky toddler smiling! Melanie is so thoughtful she made sure to get a variety of shots in our short availability window to include some great shots of just my husband and I, a great bonus. I highly recommend Fiander Foto for any event!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Fiander Foto's reply:

Hello Amanda, Thanks so much for your review. I'm so happy to hear you two enjoyed our photo shoot at the Cherry Blossoms! I had so much fun with the three of you that day. It was amazing to work with you and Shane again; first with our engagement photos and now - with your daughter for a family shoot. Time flies! I hope to see you three in the future. Cheers!