222 1/2 F Street, Salida, CO 81201 Map · Phone number

About Face of Makeup

Face of Makeup is a hair and makeup service based out of Salida, Colorado. Your wedding day is arguably your most photographed day, and you need to be photo-ready at all times. The talented artists at Face of Makeup provide beautiful hair styling and stunning makeup application keep you looking your best for all of your wedding festivities. The team specializes in airbrush makeup application that looks flawless in photos and lasts all day. You may also opt for traditional style makeup, and there are a variety of packages to choose from to fit your wedding day needs.

Face of Makeup provides on-site beauty services, so you can relax in the comfort of your venue while you and your wedding party are waiting to be beautified! Consultations and trials are also offered, as well as men's grooming services. Hair services include blowouts, hair extensions, updos, textured styling, and haircuts. For makeup application, clients have the following options:

• Airbrush makeup

Face of Makeup 6
Face of Makeup 7
  • Ruth

Ruth Grevenow · Married on 07/12/2019

Rachael is AMAZING in every way!

I booked Rachael for my adventure sunrise elopement after my other makeup artist pulled out unexpectedly, and rudely. Rachael was great from the start. She assured me she could be there anytime day or night and do hair and makeup for my mom, sister, sister in law, and mother in law for the family ceremony happening later in the day.
    Two days before our big day, my face broke out into a horrible, painful heat rash so it was dry, flaky, itchy and painful. I was panicking. Rachael assured me it would be okay and that she does airbrushing so she won't be rubbing my skin and irritating it even more. Rachael showed up to do my HMU at 12:30am for my elopement (mind you we did not do a trial run or anything). She was right on time and SO friendly! I felt like we had been friends forever in the first minutes of our interaction. She found the best lighting in the house, set up, and listened to exactly what I wanted. She truly made me feel like a queen. She kept stopping so I could look at myself in a mirror to make sure I like it. I was worried foundation matching, but once again, she nailed it. My hair was exactly what I wanted, as was my makeup. She even gave me a brand new lip gloss for touch ups.
    A few hours later (5:45am) Rachael came back to the house to do the HMU for my mom, sister, sister in law, and mother in law. A few people in that bunch are very hard to please (my mom and sister in law). Well both the hard to please people loved her and loved their hair and makeup. I have never seem my mom think she was beautiful, and Rachael made her feel beautiful. They all loved her and her work.
    After everyone went to the venue, I had to come back to get a touch up before our family ceremony. Rachael was there and ready to roll. We wiped off all my face makeup because I felt like my heat rash skin needed it. She redid my makeup, re-curled my hair and I was ready for the next ceremony.
    I cannot recommend Rachael enough. She is relatable, funny, knows how to do amazing HMU, and is just a really awesome person. I am so glad my other HMU lady pulled out and left me in the lurch because if she hadn't I would've never gotten to meet Rachael and experience her talent.
    Thank you Rachael for making me and everyone else look and feel beautiful!

Sent on 07/12/2019
    Face of Makeup 8
    Face of Makeup 9
    Face of Makeup 10

Face of Makeup's reply:

I am THRILLED that you were happy with everything on your big day/night 😜 it was so much fun to spend that time with you and your family. I feel like I made friends there and got to help a beautiful person enjoy her special moments getting married and celebrating! You are a gem, inside and out! Thank you for having me, thank you for being awesome to work with, and thank you for taking time to write this wonderful review!!!!

Sarah Beattie · Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Rachel is hands down one of the most genuine and wonderful humans to work with! My (now) husband and I decided to plan an Elopement within a month time frame. I reached out with Rachel and she immediately responded with her availability , rates, and when she would be in the Denver Metro Area for a trail. Upon meeting her she was so friendly, personable, and such a joy to work with! She was always so responsive to my questions and concerns. On the day of our wedding she arrived early and was ready to make our big day as specialty as she could. Her work was absolutely fantastic. My hair and make up looked absolutely perfect and I could not have been happier with Rachel’s services! I would hands down recommend Rachel to every one! Thank you so much Rachel!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 04/28/2019

Face of makeup outstanding

I booked Rachael at Face of Makeup for my wedding day in April. She was amazing! She did the hair and makeup for our 3 bridesmaids, as well as for myself and my bride! It was outstanding! We have never looked better! She perfectly captured what we wanted and made us all look our very best for our wedding! Rachael is the nicest person! She helped calm my nerves on the wedding day and she even did our hair and makeup trials just 2 days before the wedding! It was more than I had ever dreamed!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Face of Makeup FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 125.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 75.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 175.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 65.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 165.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 165.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 65.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Men's Grooming, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Extensions, Haircuts, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair
  • What hair removal services do you offer? Tweezing
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 14

• 222 1/2 F Street Salida, CO, 81201 See on map
    419-463-7689 (Phone number)
    By Appointment Only
  • Salida Salida, CO, 81201 See on map
    419-504-4547 (Phone number)
    Email any time, call any time!