Face of Makeup Reviews

93 | Salida, CO

93 Reviews for Face of Makeup

• Heather

Heather Barron · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Rachael made me feel stunning!

Working with Rachael was a highlight of my wedding. We had a pre-COVID design session for a little extra and it was such a joy to get to know her process beforehand. Then we knew what to do on the day of my wedding - which was a much more distracted space with folks asking me lots of questions. But Rachael did her thing And I felt lovely. The whole afternoon and evening all I had (and continue to have in my photos) are buckets of compliments. I loved my hair especially. She made it look better than I’d imagined! I even had a cold sore develop the week before and when I emailed her about it, she wasn’t fazed a bit! She just chose a darker lipstick and voila! You couldn’t see a thing. She also did the hair and makeup for my Matron of Honor, and pinned up my mom's hair and they both looked gorgeous! There’s nothing she can’t do with her vast knowledge from years of working for news networks and with celebrities. And those stories made working with her even more fun! Thanks so much, Rachael! You’re amazing!

Sent on 08/17/2020

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review and for all of your kind words! You have been so kind and so encouraging since I have known you. It was great to get the chance to help with something so special to you on such a wonderful day full of love and happiness. Thank you for having me there!
  • Michele

Michele Maccollum · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Wonderful experience!

Rachael was amazing! She did an excellent job with our hair and makeup plus she was a really interesting and fun person to spend time with on the day of the wedding. I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/10/2020

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you Michelle! It was great to spend the day with you all also. We really enjoyed your group, thanks for having us!

Kate Weil · Married on 10/12/2020

Great experience!

Rachael was so helpful and made me feel very relaxed and beautiful! Thank you Rachael!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Tabitha Beaton · Married on 09/28/2020

Elopement Hair and Makeup

Rachael was beyond amazing from beginning to end. I struggled finding someone willing to travel and help get me ready for my sunrise elopement but once I found Rachael everything was easy. She was very responsive and great with communication over e-mail. I was able to book a trial appointment with her a couple of months prior and she was so easy to talk with. She was right on time the morning of and was such a calming presence. She took all the stress out of getting my hair and makeup ready and she created the perfect start to my day. She is super talented and I felt like she really dedicated herself that morning to making me feel beautiful. I have nothing but positive things to say :-)
    Photo Credit : adventureinstead.com

Sent on 10/06/2020
  • Hannah

Hannah Sandberg · Married on 09/12/2020

Rachael is outstanding!

Rachael was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Rachael was professional, easy to communicate with and quick to respond to all my questions! I opted to do a hair and makeup trial with Rachael and she was great at executing my vision and proposing ideas. Rachael also provided hair and makeup services to various family members (age ranging from 3y to 55!) on the day of my wedding and was wonderful with all of them. My family loved chatting with Rachael and they were all very pleased with their hair and makeup. Rachael did an exceptional job with my bridal hair and makeup! She was able to conceal all blemishes beautifully while keeping my makeup looking really natural! We could not have been happier we chose Rachael for our hair and makeup and I would highly recommend her services! Additionally, our wedding took place in the midst of covid and Rachael made us feel very safe throughout all services. She wore a mask at all times and cleaned all tools thoroughly, we were so grateful for her vigilance in keeping everyone healthy!

Sent on 10/04/2020

Face of Makeup's reply:

Such a pleasure to work with you on this special day, thank you so much for taking the time to submit this review and for having me there with you!
  • Amanda

Amanda Gwinn · Married on 09/05/2020

VA-CO Sept 5 2020

We traveled from Virginia to Colorado for our wedding. Rachael was listed as a vendor on the venues website. After speaking with my photographer on the phone she came highly recommended. Due to covid I didn't get to do a hair and make a trial so I put my faith in Rachael's hands and MAN WAS SHE AMAZING! I have mild hormonal acne on my jawline that I am very self conscious about and Rachael covered every bit of it and made my skin look FLAWLESS. My hair looked exactly how I envisioned, and my bridesmaids looked beautiful. Rachael also made a special call to her husband (who was our videographer) when she knew champagne was giving me a stomachache to bring us something else to drink while getting ready. To say she went above and beyond, and exceeded my expectations is an understatement. BONUS, If you book her husband as your videographer she sticks around and helps operate the drone for some amazing drone shots. Hair and makeup artist, licensed drone operator, and basically a superhero. I highly recommend Rachael for your hair and makeup needs if I could give her more than 5 stars I would!

Sent on 10/05/2020

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH Amanda! This wonderful review puts the biggest smile on my face, you are the best. It was the most fun to spend the day with you all, and you looked stunning! Thank you for having West and I and letting us celebrate with you!!!
  • Jenni

Jenni Belanger · Married on 09/04/2020

Absolutely the best

Rachael made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. She is sweet, easy to talk to and worked great with both mothers of the bride and groom, who wanted very natural looks and my sister and i who went far more glam. She is such a gem, i never would have guessed i would get such a talented hair and makeup artist so far out in the mountains. I cannot recommend her enough to anyone getting married in the rockies!!

Sent on 09/21/2020

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you Jenni! We had a great day together for sure and I am so glad that it all worked out just perfectly for you all even with the changes and adjustments. You were all a pleasure to spend the day with!
  • Karady

karady gatz · Married on 09/01/2020

Rachael is amazing!

Rachael went above and beyond to make my wedding day special. Not only did I look great but I FELT so beautiful. She was patient with me as I decided to change my hair style the morning of the wedding :) And had sweet conversations with my mom and my bridesmaids! You won't regret using Rachael, absolutely love her.

Sent on 10/04/2020
  • Megan

Megan Marsh · Married on 08/22/2020

Just book her already - she is magic!

Rachael was incredible to work with from the start. She was very responsive from my initial inquiry & we exchanged multiple emails prior to the wedding & she was always super quick to respond. I rarely wear much make-up or do my hair but Rachael made me feel so comfortable in the chair. You will feel like you've known her forever! She is truly talented at what she does. I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day thanks to her. She is magic!

Sent on 09/01/2020

Sam R · Married on 08/07/2020

Hair & Makeup

Rachael did my hair and makeup for my wedding and it was beautiful! She took the inspiration photos I showed her and nailed the exact look I was going for. Would highly recommend doing a trial before your event as she gives helpful recommendations to make the day of stress free!

Sent on 08/13/2020

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you for this review Sam, I really appreciate it! Great to work with you and your family and friends :). Congratulations!

Caitlin Fry · Married on 07/31/2020

Perfect vendor for our Pandemic Wedding!!

Rachael was so amazing to work with! My bridesmaids are still raving about her! She was recommended by our wedding planner and I am so grateful we got to work with her! I did a trial run with her a few months before the wedding and she was great about listening to what I envisioned but also offering suggestions while making me feel like I could change it up on wedding day! On wedding day, she showed up on time and ready to work. She adapted amazingling well to our slight change in timeline/amount of girls getting hair/makeup done. She also remained completely calm and focused when my puppy had a potty accident in the airbnb after getting spooked (sorry about that!!). She was working on my hair and makeup at that time and didn't miss a beat! (my bridal party cleaned up around us haha). Rachael is multi-talented (in and out of the wedding industry) and I loved hearing her stories! We hired her husband as our videographer and were blown away by the teamwork they bring to the table! Planning a pandemic wedding was stressful, but Rachael made us feel relaxed and pretty and I'd recommend her again and again!

Sent on 08/26/2020

McKenzie · Married on 07/18/2020

You couldn't ask for anything better!

Rachael was everything you hope for on your wedding day and more!

Throughout the wedding process she was flexible to make different scenarios work. She was quick to respond to emails, and she understands all the little details that go into making a wedding work. Rachael made the wedding day super easy! She even created a day-of schedule to make sure that the timing worked for everyone, which was super helpful when you are running around last minute.

She was positive, laid back, and everyone had fun chatting with her. Most importantly, all of our hair and makeup was exactly what we were hoping for! With easy explanations, she seemed to know exactly the look that each person was going for. I did not end of doing a trial run (because of Covid), but my makeup and hair still looked better than I imagined.

I would recommend Rachael over and over again to anyone that wants their hair and makeup done!

Sent on 08/23/2020
  • Jamie

Jamie Rutledge · Married on 07/17/2020

Highly Recommend Rachael for all of your hair and makeup needs!

Rachael worked on both my mom and me for my wedding styling both of our hair and makeup. Rachael was not only extremely talented at both hair and makeup, but she also has a very calming presence and was super fun to talk to, which was exactly what I needed on my big day! I was really unsure about what I wanted for my hair and she talked me through several options and absolutely nailed it! My mom and I also loved how Rachael made us look absolutely flawless while still looking natural and like ourselves. Rachael also made us feel extremely safe working with her in the midst of a pandemic. I highly recommend Rachael for any professional makeup and hair needs!

Sent on 08/19/2020
  • Julia

Julia McClure · Married on 03/21/2020

Rachael made us feel like queens!

I met Rachael 5 years ago at my maid of honor's wedding in NC. She traveled from Atlanta to do that wedding. When I got engaged a few years later, I immediately knew I wanted to find Rachael again to do my wedding. Since the NC wedding, she relocated to Colorado, but was still willing to travel to Atlanta to do my wedding. She's been a trooper with my rescheduling due to COVID and I couldn't have asked for a better artist to make my bridal party look so stunning.

Sent on 10/15/2020

Kate Fitzpatrick · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing make-up artist for my wedding

Rachael was amazing in every way!! I can’t imagine our wedding being as smooth or relaxed (or beautiful!) without her being there.

Sent on 12/11/2019

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Kate! It was awesome to work with you and your family and friends on your wedding day. I had a great time with you all and hope to cross paths again someday!

Emily Bulot · Married on 10/05/2019

Great experience!

Rachael was great! I used her for my engagement shoot and for my wedding. Very professional, fun and she made me feel beautiful. I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Candice

Candice · Married on 08/17/2019

Simply Outstanding

Rachael was responsive, easy to work with, flexible and most importantly, made me feel beautiful on my wedding day. She listened to what I wanted, provided her feedback and suggestions, and we worked together to create the exact look I was hoping for on my wedding day. I even asked Rachael
    if she could get me the lipstick she was using on me so I could reapply the day of and she did! I highly recommend Rachael.

Sent on 08/23/2019

Face of Makeup's reply:

Stunning! You were also amazing to work with! Made my job very easy and so much fun. Your happiness shines through these photos. I’m so happy for you!

Claire Fleming · Married on 08/17/2019

Wonderful makeup for my wedding

Rachael was a dream to work with. She was easy to reach and make an appointment with, even on a day that was already busy for her. She also took all of my thoughts and ideas into account and made sure it looked exactly as I was hoping. I was initially hesitant about airbrushing, but I really loved how it looked! And it felt great! It came out looking natural yet appropriate for the day--with a killer red lip! I loved it. Rachael was also wonderful to work with, made me feel relaxed and in good hands. Thank you!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you Claire! It was awesome to meet you and such a pleasure to help on your wedding day! Congrats!

Katie · Married on 08/10/2019

Happy Bride!

Rachael met with me last minute for a hair & make up trial when I was in town on short notice & I’m so glad I found her! She did a wonderful job on my wedding day & made myself and my bridal party look beautiful! Thank you Rachael!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! It was a pleasure working with you and your friends and family. I am so glad everything went well and you had a wonderful wedding day!
  • Ruth

Ruth Grevenow · Married on 07/12/2019

Rachael is AMAZING in every way!

I booked Rachael for my adventure sunrise elopement after my other makeup artist pulled out unexpectedly, and rudely. Rachael was great from the start. She assured me she could be there anytime day or night and do hair and makeup for my mom, sister, sister in law, and mother in law for the family ceremony happening later in the day.
    Two days before our big day, my face broke out into a horrible, painful heat rash so it was dry, flaky, itchy and painful. I was panicking. Rachael assured me it would be okay and that she does airbrushing so she won't be rubbing my skin and irritating it even more. Rachael showed up to do my HMU at 12:30am for my elopement (mind you we did not do a trial run or anything). She was right on time and SO friendly! I felt like we had been friends forever in the first minutes of our interaction. She found the best lighting in the house, set up, and listened to exactly what I wanted. She truly made me feel like a queen. She kept stopping so I could look at myself in a mirror to make sure I like it. I was worried foundation matching, but once again, she nailed it. My hair was exactly what I wanted, as was my makeup. She even gave me a brand new lip gloss for touch ups.
    A few hours later (5:45am) Rachael came back to the house to do the HMU for my mom, sister, sister in law, and mother in law. A few people in that bunch are very hard to please (my mom and sister in law). Well both the hard to please people loved her and loved their hair and makeup. I have never seem my mom think she was beautiful, and Rachael made her feel beautiful. They all loved her and her work.
    After everyone went to the venue, I had to come back to get a touch up before our family ceremony. Rachael was there and ready to roll. We wiped off all my face makeup because I felt like my heat rash skin needed it. She redid my makeup, re-curled my hair and I was ready for the next ceremony.
    I cannot recommend Rachael enough. She is relatable, funny, knows how to do amazing HMU, and is just a really awesome person. I am so glad my other HMU lady pulled out and left me in the lurch because if she hadn't I would've never gotten to meet Rachael and experience her talent.
    Thank you Rachael for making me and everyone else look and feel beautiful!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Face of Makeup's reply:

I am THRILLED that you were happy with everything on your big day/night 😜 it was so much fun to spend that time with you and your family. I feel like I made friends there and got to help a beautiful person enjoy her special moments getting married and celebrating! You are a gem, inside and out! Thank you for having me, thank you for being awesome to work with, and thank you for taking time to write this wonderful review!!!!

Sarah Beattie · Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Rachel is hands down one of the most genuine and wonderful humans to work with! My (now) husband and I decided to plan an Elopement within a month time frame. I reached out with Rachel and she immediately responded with her availability , rates, and when she would be in the Denver Metro Area for a trail. Upon meeting her she was so friendly, personable, and such a joy to work with! She was always so responsive to my questions and concerns. On the day of our wedding she arrived early and was ready to make our big day as specialty as she could. Her work was absolutely fantastic. My hair and make up looked absolutely perfect and I could not have been happier with Rachel’s services! I would hands down recommend Rachel to every one! Thank you so much Rachel!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 04/28/2019

Face of makeup outstanding

I booked Rachael at Face of Makeup for my wedding day in April. She was amazing! She did the hair and makeup for our 3 bridesmaids, as well as for myself and my bride! It was outstanding! We have never looked better! She perfectly captured what we wanted and made us all look our very best for our wedding! Rachael is the nicest person! She helped calm my nerves on the wedding day and she even did our hair and makeup trials just 2 days before the wedding! It was more than I had ever dreamed!

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle Pantle · Married on 03/10/2019

Amazing Experience!

Rachael was absolutely amazing! I truly appreciated her professionalism but also her sweet, genuine demeanor. She played a huge role in making me feel my best for the wedding and I totally appreciated her time, care, and expertise. I was so grateful for her! Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/20/2020

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for this lovely review and sharing your experience and photos with me! I had an amazing time with you and your family also. Enjoy every bit of this married life!!
  • Tara

Tara Sims · Married on 09/28/2018

Beautiful Inside & Out

Rachael was beyond a pleasure to work with! I had concerns with her being able to handle so many people at once, but she surpassed my expectations! She did hair and make up for 6 the morning prior to my wedding. She maintained professionalism in the hectic rush that comes about as the time approaches. She also was a joy to talk to and get to know! Additionally, she made me feel like a priority in the midst of hair/make up trials prior to my wedding. Personally, I live in Denver and so scheduling wasn't the easiest, but she found time for me. I HIGHLY recommend Rachael!

Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda Gibbons · Married on 09/09/2018

Treasure in Salida

I am so grateful to have found Rachael! I am pretty minimal when it comes to applying my makeup but for my wedding I had some specific requests. I wanted to hide some annoying acne scars while maintaining a natural bride look. As soon as I met Rachael I knew I hit the jackpot..She listens and understood my vision right away and made me feel like I was hanging out with one of my best girlfriends. She is master at hair and makeup and goes step by step through the process so there was no surprises! I felt so confident and truly beautiful on my wedding day. what more could a girl ask for! Thank you Rachael

Sent on 12/31/2018