Face of Makeup Reviews

Face of Makeup 6
Face of Makeup 7
  • Ruth

Ruth Grevenow 路 Married on 07/12/2019

Rachael is AMAZING in every way!

I booked Rachael for my adventure sunrise elopement after my other makeup artist pulled out unexpectedly, and rudely. Rachael was great from the start. She assured me she could be there anytime day or night and do hair and makeup for my mom, sister, sister in law, and mother in law for the family ceremony happening later in the day.
    Two days before our big day, my face broke out into a horrible, painful heat rash so it was dry, flaky, itchy and painful. I was panicking. Rachael assured me it would be okay and that she does airbrushing so she won't be rubbing my skin and irritating it even more. Rachael showed up to do my HMU at 12:30am for my elopement (mind you we did not do a trial run or anything). She was right on time and SO friendly! I felt like we had been friends forever in the first minutes of our interaction. She found the best lighting in the house, set up, and listened to exactly what I wanted. She truly made me feel like a queen. She kept stopping so I could look at myself in a mirror to make sure I like it. I was worried foundation matching, but once again, she nailed it. My hair was exactly what I wanted, as was my makeup. She even gave me a brand new lip gloss for touch ups.
    A few hours later (5:45am) Rachael came back to the house to do the HMU for my mom, sister, sister in law, and mother in law. A few people in that bunch are very hard to please (my mom and sister in law). Well both the hard to please people loved her and loved their hair and makeup. I have never seem my mom think she was beautiful, and Rachael made her feel beautiful. They all loved her and her work.
    After everyone went to the venue, I had to come back to get a touch up before our family ceremony. Rachael was there and ready to roll. We wiped off all my face makeup because I felt like my heat rash skin needed it. She redid my makeup, re-curled my hair and I was ready for the next ceremony.
    I cannot recommend Rachael enough. She is relatable, funny, knows how to do amazing HMU, and is just a really awesome person. I am so glad my other HMU lady pulled out and left me in the lurch because if she hadn't I would've never gotten to meet Rachael and experience her talent.
    Thank you Rachael for making me and everyone else look and feel beautiful!

Sent on 07/12/2019
    Face of Makeup 8
    Face of Makeup 9
    Face of Makeup 10

Face of Makeup's reply:

I am THRILLED that you were happy with everything on your big day/night 馃槣 it was so much fun to spend that time with you and your family. I feel like I made friends there and got to help a beautiful person enjoy her special moments getting married and celebrating! You are a gem, inside and out! Thank you for having me, thank you for being awesome to work with, and thank you for taking time to write this wonderful review!!!!

Sarah Beattie 路 Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Rachel is hands down one of the most genuine and wonderful humans to work with! My (now) husband and I decided to plan an Elopement within a month time frame. I reached out with Rachel and she immediately responded with her availability , rates, and when she would be in the Denver Metro Area for a trail. Upon meeting her she was so friendly, personable, and such a joy to work with! She was always so responsive to my questions and concerns. On the day of our wedding she arrived early and was ready to make our big day as specialty as she could. Her work was absolutely fantastic. My hair and make up looked absolutely perfect and I could not have been happier with Rachel鈥檚 services! I would hands down recommend Rachel to every one! Thank you so much Rachel!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Elizabeth 路 Married on 04/28/2019

Face of makeup outstanding

I booked Rachael at Face of Makeup for my wedding day in April. She was amazing! She did the hair and makeup for our 3 bridesmaids, as well as for myself and my bride! It was outstanding! We have never looked better! She perfectly captured what we wanted and made us all look our very best for our wedding! Rachael is the nicest person! She helped calm my nerves on the wedding day and she even did our hair and makeup trials just 2 days before the wedding! It was more than I had ever dreamed!

Sent on 07/26/2019
    Face of Makeup 15
  • Tara

Tara Sims 路 Married on 09/28/2018

Beautiful Inside & Out

Rachael was beyond a pleasure to work with! I had concerns with her being able to handle so many people at once, but she surpassed my expectations! She did hair and make up for 6 the morning prior to my wedding. She maintained professionalism in the hectic rush that comes about as the time approaches. She also was a joy to talk to and get to know! Additionally, she made me feel like a priority in the midst of hair/make up trials prior to my wedding. Personally, I live in Denver and so scheduling wasn't the easiest, but she found time for me. I HIGHLY recommend Rachael!

Sent on 12/29/2018
    Face of Makeup 16
    Face of Makeup 17
    Face of Makeup 18
    Face of Makeup 19
  • Amanda

Amanda Gibbons 路 Married on 09/09/2018

Treasure in Salida

I am so grateful to have found Rachael! I am pretty minimal when it comes to applying my makeup but for my wedding I had some specific requests. I wanted to hide some annoying acne scars while maintaining a natural bride look. As soon as I met Rachael I knew I hit the jackpot..She listens and understood my vision right away and made me feel like I was hanging out with one of my best girlfriends. She is master at hair and makeup and goes step by step through the process so there was no surprises! I felt so confident and truly beautiful on my wedding day. what more could a girl ask for! Thank you Rachael

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Face of Makeup 20
    Face of Makeup 21
    Face of Makeup 22
    Face of Makeup 23

Emily 路 Married on 08/25/2018

Lovely hair/makeup + overall experience!

I am so grateful to have had Rachael do hair/makeup on my wedding day. She was flexible throughout the entire process which, for those of you looking starting the search for vendors , is a huge deal. She arrived early and was responsive the days leading up. The airbrushing really makes your face look smooth and she was so friendly, calm and professional. All the bridesmaids absolutely loved her. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Face of Makeup 24
    Face of Makeup 25
    Face of Makeup 26

Kayla 路 Married on 08/19/2018

I absolutely loved working with Rachael! She was super responsive throughout the whole planning process and was willing to work with me through every step until we landed on the perfect package for my group. On the day of the wedding, she was such a pleasure to work with and everyone loved their makeup! I wanted a really natural look for everyone and she succeeded in making us all look beautiful but still look like ourselves. I would definitely book Rachael again!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Jessie Polini 路 Married on 08/04/2018

Loved, loved, loved Rachael!

We LOVED Rachael! She did hair and make up for me and my bride. She traveled to us (and was extremely flexible with our very last minute planning - we weren't sure where we would be getting ready until the day before and she was very laid back and easy about that), brought all of the necessary equipment, did an amazing job, had tons of experience (coming from years doing make up for a news network) and (icing on the cake) was incredibly nice and funny! We truly can't rave about Rachael enough - we looked gorgeous and had fun doing it!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Jessica Polini 路 Married on 08/04/2018

We loved Rachael!

Sent on 02/26/2019

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you SO much Jessie! I had such an amazing time with you and Claire and your friends and family. One of the best ever! Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review.

Mandy 路 Married on 07/28/2018

Rachael was awesome to work with! I found her on Wedding Wire and was so pleased with the results for my wedding. She came to my house in Buena Vista with her associate, Lisa, and both did a fantastic job with mine and my girlfriends' hair and makeup. She was responsive, answered my many many questions. I would definitely recommend her for all your wedding hair needs!

Sent on 08/06/2018
    Face of Makeup 27
    Face of Makeup 28
    Face of Makeup 29
    Face of Makeup 30
    Face of Makeup 31
    Face of Makeup 32

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Mandy! Lisa and I both loved working with you and your friends and family. You were great to spend the day with! We had a blast being a part of such a special event!

bonnie 路 Married on 06/30/2018

Rachael did the makeup for my wedding last weekend and we couldn't stop raving about her the whole time. After getting some of my pictures back this week, I can't believe how amazing the makeup looks on everyone. I didn't have time to complete a trial but Rachael was still able to understand perfectly what I was looking for. She was easy to talk to and communicate with, which was so appreciated in the craziness of wedding planning. Don't hesitate to hire her- you will be so happy you did.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you so so much for this wonderful review and for having me as a part of your special day. It was truly a pleasure!

kelly 路 Married on 06/29/2018

I cannot give enough stars to Rachael Hoch and Face of Makeup! She recently did the hair and makeup for my bridal party in Telluride Colorado and was so accommodating, easy, pleasant, friendly and wonderful to work with! My friend's hair and makeup was perfect and she was such a friendly and pleasurable addition to our chaotic bridal morning :)
    Rachel was easy to communicate, sign the contract, follow up as the date approached and she was very open to all requests! I cannot say enough great things about her and her professionalism and will recommend her services to EVERYONE I know. Thank you Thank you Thank you Rachael for being such a huge part of our day!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Face of Makeup's reply:

Thank you SO much for this review and taking the time to do it. I cannot tell you how much fun it was to meet you and all of your girls! I felt like one of the bunch just hanging out with friends, it was really great and I really appreciate you having me as a part of it all!

Ann 路 Married on 06/16/2018

Rachael is simply amazing!! She did such a incredible job with my makeup, bridesmaids, my mother and mother in law. She was extremely easy to work with and very responsive to emails and texts. I was so incredibly happy with my makeup on the day of my wedding! I just simply cannot say enough good things about her! You'd be crazy not to hire her!!

Sent on 07/11/2018
    Face of Makeup 33
    Face of Makeup 34
    Face of Makeup 35
    Face of Makeup 36
    Face of Makeup 37
    Face of Makeup 38

Megan 路 Married on 04/14/2018

Rachael came to my house for the trial just to make my life easier! The wedding makeup was absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted (even when I wasn't sure what that meant, she helped figure it out). She was very responsive, friendly, and reasonably priced. Rachael even helped coordinate the hairdresser because we had nine women who needed hair/makeup; the hairdresser worked seamlessly with her. I highly recommend booking with her. I can't believe I found her on a whim for my Mt. Princeton wedding and I'm so thankful I did!

Sent on 07/16/2018
    Face of Makeup 39
    Face of Makeup 40

Katie 路 Married on 03/10/2018

I loved working with Rachael for my wedding! She included a trial as part of the package which allowed us to chat through what I was looking for and she delivered. I felt like I looked like myself, but still felt glam! She and her sister did the makeup of a bride, 12 bridesmaids, mother of the bride, and little fun for the flower girl in the timeframe we had and even finished early!

Rachael was easy to work with and brought a fun but calming presence to my wedding day. I would certainly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Kelly 路 Married on 10/08/2016

Rachael was SUCH a pleasure to work with! She was on-time, responsive, and professional-- on top of being sweet, fun, and absolutely incredible at what she does. Hair and makeup for myself, bridal party, and mothers were gorgeous! I would book her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/21/2016

Ruthie 路 Married on 01/09/2016

Rachael was amazing! From the makeup trial to the day of the wedding, she was so fun, professional, sweet, on time and so talented. Rachael, Tara and their assistant did hair and makeup for my bridal party, my mom, mother in law and myself and everyone looked gorgeous! Also, they gave us lip gloss to keep us looking amazing all evening! I would book her again and recommend her to any future bride without question! She is hands down the best hair and make up artist in Atlanta!

Sent on 12/27/2016
  • User4598132 路 2+ years ago

Thanks for making me a beautiful, comfortable bride!
    Everyone loved Rachel Hoch, even at 4 am!
    She has done my hair and make up in the past as a bridesmaid and she didn't disappoint. Both styles of hair and make up were totally different but she got them both right. Both times they lasted for 24 hours still looking sharp!

Sent on 07/31/2015
  • angela

angela 路 Married on 07/19/2014

I absolutely loved having Rachael Hoch do my makeup as well as my bridesmaid and mother's! She transformed us into beautiful ladies that day and I felt like a princess. She was so dedicated in her work and you could tell she was going to make her final product perfect. she was so flexible with us as far as what hairstyles we wanted. I would recommend her highly to any future bride!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Danielle 路 Married on 05/17/2014

Amazing amazing service!! I could not have asked for a better person to do hair and make-up on my wedding day.

I contacted Rachael sometime around a year ago and we scheduled our trial run for December. She came to my house and really listened to me to help create the look I wanted for my wedding day. She was very responsive the next few months as I bounced ideas around for my bridesmaids.

The day of the wedding was fantastic. She arrived with her sister (who is also amazing). We all looked incredible - I felt truly beautiful and my bridal party looked sensational. I chose an undo for my bridesmaids, however two of them have short hair. In no way was this an issue for Rachael - by the time she was done it looked like they could have had hair down to the middle of the back. It looked like a real undo and the same as all the girls with longer hair. Everyone's make up looked amazing - they do airbrushing and I felt like I had full coverage without feeling suffocated by heavy make up. I got married in the south in May, so the make up truly stood up to the test of heat and humidity. Additionally, I have very sensitive skin and I did not break out at all.

Not only was the make-up and hair flawless, but Rachael was willing to stay and touch me up for an additional two hours after we were done. She came to the wedding venue with me, and I felt so comfortable knowing she was there in case any mishaps should occur.

I was complimented so many times on my hair and make-up and so was the bridal party and my mother (whose make up she also did).

I know when my sister gets married who we will be calling and I would recommend her to anyone for any professional hair and make-up needs. She is wonderful!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Glenda 路 Married on 05/04/2014

Rachael was very flexible and amazing!! She did my bridal make up, bridesmaids and mother in laws. Everyone loved their make up! I highly recommend her! Rachael uses excellent products and your make up will stay on all day!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Aledra 路 Married on 09/28/2013

Rachael was simply amazing! She was always so quick to respond and was extremely flexible. I unfortunately had my makeup artist cancel at the last minute and someone recommended her and I was so happy that things worked out the way that they did! She was able to work me into her schedule and I did not have a single complaint! My makeup was flawless and my wedding party was extremely pleased with her. Her makeup brushes were very clean and she uses top notch products. She has a great personality too, which was a plus! If you are looking for someone to help you out on your big day, Rachael is the girl to go to! She is simply amazing!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Lauren 路 Married on 09/20/2013

Rachael was amazing! She did bridal hair and makeup & wedding party hair & makeup- she does beautiful work! We were so pleased. I would highly recommend her to anyone getting married in the metro area!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Marae 路 Married on 09/14/2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about Rachael with Face of Makeup! She is fantastic. She's incredibly talented with an awesome personality to boot! I loved her during our trial run - she listened to my vague ideas of what I wanted and delivered beautifully. For the trial, she came to me so I could sip my coffee at my breakfast table while she worked. So nice! I had a few things I wanted to change after the trial, and she easily and graciously adjusted accordingly. My hair and makeup ended up being everything I wanted and more! Beyond that, she is SUCH a pleasure to work with. She is incredibly professional while being simultaneously kindhearted and calming, which I really needed to soothe my nerves on the big day! Thank you, thank you, thank you... one of the best decisions I made for my wedding! :)

Sent on 10/21/2013
  • User2767619 路 2+ years ago

Rachael is absolutely AMAZING! I first met her when I was a bridesmaid in a friends wedding. She did all of our hair and makeup that day & I LOVED them both! In between that wedding and my own, I recommended her to 2 other friends getting married. They both used her and were extremely happy as well.
    She was on time for both my trial and the wedding day.
    Make makeup looked flawless on my wedding day, and did not move or sweat off! (which was quite a feat considering it was late August and super hot outside during pictures) :)
    She is also super fun & easy to talk to!! :)
    I would DEFINITELY recommend her for hair &/or makeup!

Sent on 09/24/2013