4915 Auburn Avenue Suite 204, Bethesda, MD 20814 Map · Phone number

About Elegance & Simplicity

Elegance & Simplicity, an event design company based in Bethesda, Maryland, creates elegant weddings in the Washington, DC metro area with a team of professionals. The designers will work with each couple to create a mid- to high-end event from beginning to end. They also specialize in eco-friendly weddings and are a leader in sustainable wedding design. They provide consultations up front, along with samples and event design suggestions inspired by a couple's own style and personality. Elegance & Simplicity will even visit the wedding venue ahead of the big day. They provide a team of wedding planners, floral designers, graphic artists, calligraphers, lighting specialists, and design carpenters to custom design a wedding style tailored to each couple.

For a stress-free experience, Elegance & Simplicity will deliver, set up, and clean up all the items they provide. They can create customized bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and flower girl baskets for the entire wedding party. They can also provide altar and aisle pieces, chuppah decor, flower petals, single flowers, table arrangements, artificial flowers, and non-floral decor. Brides may also complement their romantic wedding day style with a sophisticated flower crown. Elegance & Simplicity provides decor and flowers for the following types of wedding styles:

• Classic

Elegance & Simplicity 5
Elegance & Simplicity 6
Elegance & Simplicity 7

Jessica · Getting married on 01/03/2020

As a wedding planner, it's important that I work well with each of the vendors. Katie and her team are amazing. They created a custom frame for a display of 1,000 paper cranes at my last event. It was beautiful! Also, the centerpieces, bouquets, and cocktail arrangements were incredible. They exceeded my expectations! Katie, thanks so much for everything! Looking forward to working with you again in the future!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Elegance & Simplicity's reply:

We loved working with you Jessica! Thanks so much!!!

Tricia Peterson · Married on 11/11/2018

Katie saved our day!

When we were planning our wedding on our own...we slowly started to see that we were going to be spending way more than we wanted to. We also realized that we might have made the wrong choice in a photographer. We met with her and she was so helpful and gave us free advice without even knowing if we would hire her. We went in for coordination services and quickly realized that we needed more help and she does flowers too. So we saved so much time and stress with her and her team - I was almost mad that I had not met her before we started the process. As a couple on a budget...after having been through the process...I realized that we should have gotten a partial planning package from her before we signed contracts. However...she spoke to our photographer and the rest of the planning process was smooth. We had fun and enjoyed the process and she created the most beautiful chuppah for us, designed my dream bridal bouquet that she customized with fabric from my mothers dress. It is not overstating when I say she literally saved our wedding day. I highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Nicole D · Married on 09/29/2018

I'd trust Katie Martin with my life.

We worked with Elegance & Simplicity for coordinating and decor for our simple, garden-style wedding at President Lincoln's Cottage. A colleague highly recommended Katie as a planner with impeccable taste, who wouldn't try to upsell or make you feel guilty for things you just "have to" have. We rented lanterns for the tables from E&S and our only flowers were the bouquet. It was still truly beautiful!

More importantly, our little event had more than its share of curveballs in the final week, and Katie really went the mile to ensure things were resolved as quickly and seamlessly as possible. Among other things, my husband's mother had a medical emergency and his parents were unable to travel to the ceremony. When I called her in shock, Katie was in an airport in Minneapolis. By the time she boarded the plane, she had secured a videographer, only 2 days before the wedding. He recorded and delivered the video to us 4 hours after the event (before being paid), so that my husband's mom could watch it before heading into heart surgery the following day. The rest of the E&S team (April, Crishaun, and Jazmin) were great too. They are the real deal.

We chose "month-of" coordinating, which meant that E&S coordinated the vendors that we booked. I really appreciated that I could completely relax and enjoy the day once we arrived on site, knowing that the team were true pros. After the wedding, Katie followed up with a vendor that hadn't done a great job, and we got a good chunk of money back from them. Even without that help, I think the coordinating services was the best money we spent!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Elegance & Simplicity's reply:

Awww - we loved working with you!!! I am so glad that we were able to help and be a part of your day! Thank you again for choosing us! Congrats!!

Elegance & Simplicity FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 295.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 125.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 20.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 120.00

• The Ballroom
    The Ballroom Banquet Halls

Absolutely wonderful to work with!

• Bellwether Events
    Bellwether Events Wedding Planners

Elegance & Simplicity has so much to offer you! Superb event design! Detailed event planning! Phenomenal floral decor! What more could brides- and grooms-to-be ask for? I say not much! And the icing on the cake? They are a super duper eco-friendly company top to bottom! If you care about spending your dollars in an eco-friendly way, this is the company for you.

• MyDeejay
    MyDeejay Wedding DJs

I've been working with Katie and her staff for years and years, she designs amazing weddings and takes care of every need of her clients!

• 4915 Auburn Avenue Suite 204, Suite 204 Bethesda, District of Columbia, 20814 See on map