1355 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA 94063 Map · Phone number

About East Meets Dress

East Meets Dress is an online store, serving couples all over the world, specializing in custom qipaos and cheongsams for the modern woman. The company was founded by two Asian-Americans who struggled to find cheongsam outfits and tea ceremony supplies that were high-quality and designed with the modern woman in mind, and so they founded East Meets Dress. They work with only high-quality suppliers and seamstresses to design dresses that are perfect for a Chinese tea ceremony or wedding.

East Meets Dress offers a stress-free cheongsam shopping experience with a focus on quality and customer experience. They offer bespoke options and the ability to design your own dress as well as more affordable off the rack items. Their collection includes dresses for brides, bridesmaids, and mothers, they also offer a range of accessories, tea sets, and men’s changshans.

Follow East Meets Dress on

william trang photography 141 51 1050981

3 Reviews for East Meets Dress

• Boer

Boer Deng · Married on 11/03/2019

Great service, easy to work with

We were very pleased with our wedding favours from East Meets Dress. They were easy to work with and very timely with the delivery. Would certainly recommend

Sent on 12/21/2019

Sreya · Getting married on 09/26/2020

Highly recommend!

Ordered my wedding dress from east meets dress. The ordering process was very smooth. I chose the style of dress I wanted from their website. They allowed for a few customizations, like length of train, length of sleeves, the back style. On top of the above-mentioned customizations that you can choose from a drop down menu during the ordering process, I also asked them to change the color of the buttons and piping. They made that happen and sent me photos while the dress was being made to make sure I liked the color. It took them less than 2 months to get the dress made and delivered. What a hassle free process. I knew the style I wanted and definitely did not want to waste time going from store to store. Since the whole process was done online, I had to send them my measurements online. As long as people don't screw up the measurements, I feel the end product will meet customer expectations. Highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Michelle Tran · Married on 09/29/2019

Modern Cheongsam for the Modern Bride

It was a very very difficult process trying to find a place that sold cheongsams. Being a resident of New York City, I thought there'd be an abundance of shops in Chinatown or Flushing that sold them or could custom make them from you. There aren't really.

I am not a fan of the more traditional brocade style fabric that cheongsams are made of (for weddings), and I was so happy to find East Meets Dress. They have a huge variety of collections that I think are stylish but modern. I was hesitant about ordering a dress online where I had to measure myself, but it turned out *mostly* okay. I think if you want a well fitted cheongsam, you will almost always need to get it tailored, so if you do order, just know that will happen. Throughout the process, East Meets Dress was very responsive. They allowed me to make adjustments throughout the time they were making the dress and were really flexible. I always felt taken care of, and never had any concerns about my dress throughout the three months it took from me ordering the dress to finally receiving it.

The dress is beautiful and I am in the midst of alterations. I think after I get it properly fitted, it will look beautiful and I am excited to wear it.

Sent on 07/25/2019

East Meets Dress FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    Under $500
    $500 - $999
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Bridesmaids
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Full Customization
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Gowns
    Customary Attire
    Plus Size Gowns
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Seasonally
  • What is your return policy?
    Full Refund

• 1355 El Camino Real Redwood City, CA, 94063 See on map
    Location of (East Meets Dress)