East Meets Dress

Redwood City, CA View map

East Meets Dress is an online store, serving couples all over the world, specializing in custom qipaos and cheongsams for the modern woman. The company was founded by two Asian-Americans who struggled to find cheongsam outfits and tea ceremony supplies that were high-quality and designed with the modern woman in mind, and so they founded East Meets Dress. They work with only high-quality suppliers and seamstresses to design dresses that are perfect for a Chinese tea ceremony or wedding.

East Meets Dress offers a stress-free cheongsam shopping experience with a focus on quality and customer experience. They offer bespoke options and the ability to design your own dress as well as more affordable off the rack items. Their collection includes dresses for brides, bridesmaids, and mothers, they also offer a range of accessories, tea sets, and men’s changshans.

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

Under $500
$500 - $999

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Full Customization

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Gowns
Customary Attire
Plus Size Gowns

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Seasonally

What is your return policy?

Full Refund

Cindy L. Married on 08/21/2021

Beautiful Custom Dress

I love my dress! I ordered a dress for my Tea Ceremony in Chicago. I loved the variety on the website and I especially loved how my dress turned out. The East Meets Dress team was easy to work with and very helpful. For such a reasonable cost, I was very impressed with the quality of my dress too. It was also very comfortable to wear throughout the hot summer day in Chicago.
  • Yi Zhang
    Yi Zhang Married on 08/07/2021

Love my Amelia dress

As a Chinese American, I wanted my wedding dress to reflect my East meets West upbringing. I never grew up with red envelopes or even knew about the tea ceremony so a traditional qipao or qun kwa didn't seem appropriate. From the first time I heard about East Meets Dress, I was drawn to the Amelia dress. It's flowy, light, and comfortable and it incorporates the mandarin collar detail that I love.

Working with EMD was easy. I took measurements at home with the help of my then-fiance. Although the first iteration of the dress wasn't perfect, we had great communication with EMD and I was able to send it back for round 2. The entire process from start to finish took less than 3 months and the final result was everything I had hoped for.

For less than $500, where else can you get a custom-made dress that represents Asian American culture so well?
  • Jasmine
    Jasmine Married on 10/10/2020

Just the place to get traditional Chinese wedding clothing!

Originally I was planning a trip to Hong Kong to purchase a qun kwa for my wedding, but wasn't able to fly due to COVID19. I found East Meets Dress and was nervous about the quality because I wasn't able to see the fabrics in person. I'm soo happy I ordered from them though! Even thought I didn't order a bespoke dress, they had me submit my measurements and made sure the size I ordered would fit me more accurately. My qun kwa came soon after and it's beautiful. The embroidery is intricate and the fabric is just as elegant. It doesn't feel cheap or tacky at all. Definitely would recommend!

Redwood City, CA, 94063
Location of (East Meets Dress)

Other vendors in San Francisco for your wedding