1700 Hayes St Suite 100-A, Nashville, TN 37203 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Dove Wedding Photography

Peter & Whitney Carlson take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember.

17 Reviews for Dove Wedding Photography

Callie · Married on 06/03/2017

We can not emphasize enough how happy we are that we chose Dove Weddings for our photography and videography team. Planning an entire wedding from Afghanistan over the course of a year, the Dove Wedding team was responsive and professional from the start. While none of us had ever been to the ceremony or reception venue in West Virginia, the team was very easy to work with and made sure to work with our requests. We hired two photographers and one videographer, and it was the best decision we could have made to capture a truly perfect day. Based on friends and family advice, we made sure not to skimp on the photography for our wedding day. While Dove Weddings is a higher cost bracket, it was 100% worth the splurge. We went without a flower vendor and over the top decorations in favor of Dove Weddings, and we are so happy we did. Their dedication to their work and making sure they captured the essence of the day, and the gathering of family and friends, will allow us to go back to this day for many many years to come. The largest benefit of choosing this team was the subtlety in their work. They felt like part of the wedding and blended in with the festivities. We never had to worry about them fighting over space to capture the moments they were going after. We feel like we left the wedding with three more friends in Jason, Lisa, and Daniel. Dove Weddings was worth every penny, and our wedding day would not have been as perfect as it was without them as part of it.

While we have yet to see the end result, as our wedding was June 2017, we have no doubt from their previous work and what we saw that day that it will be anything but true artistry.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Leslie · Married on 05/27/2011

I knew I wanted to use Dove for my wedding photography before I even got engaged. A friend of mine used them for her wedding and I was smitten with the pictures!

I cannot say enough great things about Erin and all the staff at Dove. They are so professional and great at making people feel comfortable around them despite the fact that they have their cameras in hand! Erin is so creative with her approach to shooting that a picture that could be boring becomes a work of art in front of her lens. The sneak peek pictures she sent me makes my heart swoon... I cannot wait to see how amazing the rest turned out!

I would recommend Dove to anyone that wants an artistic touch guiding their wedding pictures!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Alyssa · Married on 07/17/2010

We used Dove Photography for our engagement pictures, as well as our wedding day photography. We could not have been more pleased! They were our most helpful vendor by far, going above and beyond in every respect. Our pictures truly captured our personalities, and were fun, artistic, and beautiful.

Sent on 07/28/2010

Dove Wedding Photography's reply:

Thanks Alyssa! You are amazing. I can't wait for you to see your photos, but I guess I'm going to have to as Sept 4 is your scheduled due date. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as they are ready.
    - Peter

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Scoobie's Photographic Images
    Scoobie's Photographic Images Wedding Photographers

Such a phenominal husband and wife team! We are always ooh'd and awe'd with their work. They have a creative eye and pay special attention to details. Photography for them is not just a business, aside form God, it is their passion. They are one of the Nashville area photographers we have on our recommended referral list when we are booked!

• Jay Qualls Cakes
    Jay Qualls Cakes Wedding Cakes

I can't say enough wonderful things about Whitney and Peter with Dove wedding photography. Not only are they amazing at what they do, they are also wonderful people as well. By the way, they take all of my photos for my website too. They are incredible to work with and very talented artists.

• Dynamic Video Weddings
    Dynamic Video Weddings Wedding Videographers

Dove Wedding Photography is so great to work with, they are fun and really capture your day. Creative is an understatement !

• 1700 Hayes St, Suite 100-A Nashville, 37203 See on map