Pittsburgh, PA 15218 Map · Phone number

About Dmitriy Babichenko Photography

Hi. My name is Dmitriy Babichenko.

I've been a photographer for as long as I can remember. I got my first camera for my 8th birthday, and have been clicking away ever since.

I began my career as a photographer in photojournalism. At the age of 15 I photographed an amateur boxing championship. A newspaper photographer that was covering the event had camera troubles, so his newspaper ended up buying my photographs and offering me a freelance photographer position.

Over the years I have worked on a number of projects and covered more events than I can remember. I've traveled the world and had a chance to observe once-in-a-lifetime events such as the fall of the Soviet Union and the aftermath of the Chernobyl catastrophe. I have seen the human race's infinite capacity for both good and evil, and I would not trade my experiences for anything in the world.

My first commercial photography job came about in 1997. I was doing web design for a software company in Norfolk, Virginia, when my boss noticed that I had photography experience listed on my resume. As it turned out, he ran his own business customizing motorcycles, and he asked me if I could take pictures of his work for his website. One thing led to another and before I knew it I was shooting catalogs for all of his friends and business associates.

My first wedding job came about by accident as well. A friend of mine was getting married and he asked me if I could take candid photographs at the reception while the professional photographer that they hired would take formal portraits. After the wedding the photographer came up to me and asked me if I would mind showing him the pictures after they've been developed. A week later he hired me as his assistant.

I've been running my own photography business since I moved to Pittsburgh in 2000. My services include wedding, bar/bat mitzvah, portrait, commercial and editorial photography and I'll be more than happy to work on your project. Give me a call.

• Laurel Mountain Photography
SashaNastiaWedding0024
a5c0b4d1eb05b144 1266162808260 ciru05
bm010

17 Reviews for Dmitriy Babichenko Photography

Dmitriy was amazing to work with on our wedding day! He took the time to get to know us beforehand and really listened to what we wanted. On the day of our wedding, he was friendly, easygoing, yet very professional. He made sure to get every photo was asked for while remaining inconspicuous. Dmitriy captured our wedding day perfectly. He was a pleasure to work with and we would highly recommend Dmitriy Babichenko Photograpy.

Sent on 04/12/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/07/2013

Dmitriy did an awesome job. I didn't even feel like he was there, he just got where he needed to be to get amazing shots. He even climbed the brick wall around the garden where we were married so he could get a different perspective on the ceremony.
    I can't wait to see the photos!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Erin · Married on 10/06/2012

Dmitriy was awesome! Very creative and fun! Turn around time for pictures was phenomenal. Catered to what I really wanted on my special day. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 11/03/2012

Award

Dmitriy Babichenko Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Digital Files
    Prints
    Proofs

• Party-Time Productions
    Party-Time Productions Wedding DJs

Dmitry is a top notch professional. Not to mention the best photographer to work with. With our combined experience working with each other, he knows exactly how to arrange and work in all the photos perfectly. I highly reccomend Dmitry. He is not only personable, but easy to work with and get along with. Personality and professionalism. I look forward to 20 more weddings working with Dmitry!

• Pittsburgh, 15218 See on map