25 Paso Cresta, Carmel Valley, CA 93924 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Denise Adkins Weddings

Denise Adkins Weddings is a non-denominational wedding officiant based in Carmel Valley, California. The officiant specializes in personalized meaningful wedding ceremonies. Denise Adkins has performed numerous wedding ceremonies in the areas of Monterey, Pebble Beach, and Carmel, California, for over 19 years. She provides a package of information for every couple, including sample ceremonies, additional readings and ideas, and wedding license information.

Denise Adkins Weddings officiates various wedding types, including civil unions, non-religious, single religious, interfaith ceremonies, rehearsals, and vow renewals. Denise will blend together the couple's selections to create a beautiful, warm and joyful wedding service. She does speak some Spanish as well and has incorporated that into several ceremonies

wedding pic
d

45 Reviews for Denise Adkins Weddings

• Monica

Monica Seaney · Married on 10/05/2019

Warm, personable officiant helped create ceremony of our dreams!

We loved having Denise as the officiant for our ceremony. She was so warm and personable and helped us to make our ceremony very personal to us. Several people told us it was their favorite wedding ceremony ever. She really spent the time to get to know us and understand what we wanted, and gave great suggestions for content of the ceremony while at the same time being flexible to let us do exactly what we wanted. She also helped with the logistics of getting the license signed and mailing it so we didn't have to worry about that the day of the wedding!! She truly made our wedding so amazing!!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Denise Adkins Weddings's reply:

Monica and Sergey, You both were so delightful to work with and get to know and I was honored to be a part of your lovely joyful day.
    Denise
  • John

John Hayes · Married on 07/25/2019

A Magical Moment in Carmel Valley

My newly wedded wife and I recently eloped, and were married in Carmel Valley. Our officiant was Denise Adkins, of Denise Adkins Weddings. I cannot say enough good things about Denise. Her fees were very reasonable, and from the moment I hired her, she was amazingly helpful. Since we were getting married out of town, I needed assistance on more than just the things in which an officiant is typically involved. I needed a photographer, so I reached out to Denise, and she immediately provided me with the names of multiple photographers in the area where we married. I considered buying a bouquet locally, and Denise took the time to get on the internet and locate local florists. She walked me through the steps of what I would need for the wedding, such as the marriage license, at least one witness, etc. Circumstances beyond my wife's and my control delayed some of our preparation, so we hadn't had time to think about what we wanted said by the officiant at our wedding. So Denise was kind enough to send us pages and pages of sample readings. Less than a week before the wedding, we still had not made a final decision as far as the content of our reading and vows. So I certainly wasn't the best of clients, but she was the best of officiants. Patient, helpful, kind. She was never pushy, but instead would occasionally send thoughtful reminders regarding selecting our reading and vows. We finally decided what we wanted...the day before the wedding. I called Denise, explained to her what we wanted as best I could by phone, and then I was off to other preparations, such as packing for the trip, confirming things with the photographer, etc. We drove to Carmel the same day we got married, so I did not have a chance to go over the "final product" with Denise, as far as the reading and vows. But she put it together perfectly. The words were so touching that I was choked up and on the verge of tears when it was time for me to do my part of the talking. In fact, the reading was so beautiful, that my wife and I are having it duplicated in calligraphy and framed, so that it can be on our wall as a daily reminder of that joyous moment, a moment which Denise helped make so magical. And Denise's personality was divine, her demeanor impeccable. We had just checked into our hotel, and were running late, so she just waited patiently, never making us feel rushed or nervous. Instead she helped instill a sense of calm (not an easy feat when the bride to be feels like she's not ready and is holding things up). And that demeanor of true caring showed as she conducted the reading and our vows. The gentleness of her voice, her graceful yet down to earth vibe, it was all just beyond compare. This accomplished and experienced officiant would be a perfect choice for any type of wedding. She was flexible, yet gave suggestions when helpful. She was patient, yet gave direction when needed. I cannot recommend someone more strongly. If I could give her more than five stars I would. But I can't. That's part of why this review is likely longer than the average. For I wanted to try to paint a picture in words, a picture showing all the things that make Denise Adkins such a wonderful officiant. Thank you, Denise, for being such an important part of Carolyn and John's Magical Moment in Carmel Valley.

Sent on 08/01/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Denise Adkins Weddings FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price?
    Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 250.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 100.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Shinto
    Sikhism
    Taoist
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • What languages do you speak?
    English
    Spanish

• Scott Campbell Photo Wedding Photographers

Denise really gets to know her couples well. She offers a very professional service with just the right amount of humor and authenticity.

• Carmel Photography Wedding Photographers

I've photographed many, many weddings with Denise. She takes each assignment seriously and with great care. Her words and presentation speak to the sacredness of the day. She is full of joy in her task and makes the clients feel unique and special. She is a total pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her!

• 25 Paso Cresta Carmel Valley, 93924 See on map
    831-216-1897 (Phone number)
    Location of (Denise Adkins Weddings)