Farmington, MI 48335 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 25

About Dearing Concert Duo

The Dearing Concert Duo is one of Michigan's premier wedding ceremony music duos. They are highly referred by past brides, by wedding venues and by wedding officials. They perform a variety of music styles and have experienced playing at over one hundred weddings throughout southern Michigan and Ontario. They have entertained for dignitaries from North and South America and have performed in concert halls across Europe. They love playing wedding ceremonies and their passion for the music they play has been awarded six times by The Detroit Music Awards. They have been recognized by music critics in the US and Canada,

New to Wedding Wire as of 2/15/17, they are NOT new to the wedding scene, finding themselves on the preferred vendor lists such as The Meadow Brook Mansion, The Henry Ford, and The Sacred Heart Academy The Duo has a long running list of completely satisfied married couples and they are themselves a married couple.

When you hire the Dearing Concert Duo you are hiring three professional, highly trained musicians for the price of two, offering music for voice and guitar or flute and classical guitar. Their repertoire includes all the standard wedding ceremony songs and/or they offer to perform any song you like, from any genre you like. They have performed the most virtuosic classical repertoire to music by Led Zeppelin. You can choose to hire a vocal soloist with a portable full sounding guitar or you can choose an all instrumental ceremony of flute and classical guitar music.

The Dearings offer package pricing so that you have the option to hire live musicians outside of the ceremony itself. They can play for your cocktail hour, during a photo shoot, or during a prelude while guests arrive. They can intersperse classical music with Latin, jazz, show music and other styles, so that the entire spectrum of your party enjoy the live entertainment you chose.

Inquire today for availability and free quote and let the Dearing Concert Duo help make your wedding even more special with great live music. Your guests will be talking about your music choice for years to come.

Follow Dearing Concert Duo on

• Videos 13

8 Reviews for Dearing Concert Duo

Ashley · Married on 12/03/2016

As a Wedding Planner, I am often looking for Vendor who have 3 main qualities:
    - Love and are good at what they do.
    - Are great communicators with myself and my clients.
    - Are great and kind people.
    I can safely say that the Dearing Concert Duo meets all of these requirements and more!
    It was an absolute pleasure working with them at my clients' 12/03/2016 Wedding...and I look forward to working more with them at other events in the future!

Ashley Lynch
    Festoons and Flourishes
    www.festoonsandflourishes.com

Sent on 03/28/2017

Dearing Concert Duo's reply:

Thanks Ashley. We look forward to working with you again soon too! You were very helpful and we appreciate all of your attention to detail.

Ashley · Married on 09/30/2016

I really don't know where to begin this review as I have had the pleasure of knowing Abha since I was 13 years old. She was my choir teacher and choral director freshman-senior year of high school. But she wasn't just a teacher or a choral director, she was a mentor and a friend and an excellent example of a strong, graceful, intelligent woman. I took her critiques and compliments to heart and saved them to my memory. I was blessed to have her during a awkward and sometimes troubling time in my life. So, it was an easy and exciting decision to hire she and her husband to sing at our wedding. Throughout the process she was incredibly helpful in choosing songs (I was clueless) and professional as can be! Their performance during my ceremony had even my oh-so-macho husband choking up and my family and friends awe-struck. I was in my bridal room before the ceremony and asked my bridesmaid to take a moment to all listen to her as we waited for our turns to walk down the aisle. I am so happy to know them both and lucky to have had them perform at my wedding. 5 stars is just not enough.

Mitch · Married on 08/29/2015

Hi,

As a music lover I was determined to find a way to incorporate live music into our wedding, Steve and his wife Abha were a great way to do so. Using the ideas we had for our ceremony and their own creativity, they were able to make something for us that was unique and set our wedding apart from others. The ceremony ran like clock work and I really appreciate everything they did for us, I highly recommend both of their talents to anyone. Totally worth the money and I can't wait to see what they do for you!

Mitch and Veronica Dommer

Sent on 03/12/2017

Dearing Concert Duo's reply:

Thanks!

Award

Dearing Concert Duo FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 450.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 525.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sample Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Acapella, Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play? Flute, Guitar, Winds
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Liability Insurance, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sample Performances, Sound/PA System, Vocals

• Academy of the Sacred Heart
    Academy of the Sacred Heart Church Weddings

The Dearing Concert Duo is simply fantastic! They are professional, very talented, and easy to work with. They have been coming to the Academy of the Sacred Heart for several years and I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

• La Donna Weddings Officiants & Ceremony Coordinating Services
    La Donna Weddings Officiants & Ceremony Coordinating Services Wedding Officiants

I first met the Dearing Due several years ago at a wedding I was officiating. They played beautifully and were so great to work with that since that time I have referred them to many of my couples who were considering live music...which is the best, by the way! They are true artists who play beautiful music and, as an added plus, Abba has the voice of an angel! I highly recommend them...highly!

• Night and Day Productions
    Night and Day Productions Wedding DJs

I have had the pleasure of knowing Abha and Steve for more years then I can remember. I am sure I have been referring their outstanding talent to brides for over 20 years. They give a personal touch and a memorable performance. I highly recommend couples to check them out if they are considering live entertainment for their big day! - Natalie Brewer

• Farmington, MI 48335 See on map
    2488660934 (Other Phone Number)