dcTaste

Alexandria, VA View map Visit website

Based in Alexandria, Virginia, dcTaste is a wedding catering company. Owned and operated by head chef Jennifer Tye, she departed the corporate world to follow her passion for creating bountiful meals for beautiful events. She is enthusiastic about blending her client-focused customer service approach with her refined culinary skills. Jennifer is excited to work with you to create a gourmet menu that reflects your tastes.

A flexible operation, dcTaste can serve events of all sizes and styles. Jennifer can consult with you regarding your desired menu and dining style. She and her team can create custom hors d’oeuvres, entrees, and desserts that are sure to satisfy each and every one of your guests. Any dietary restrictions you may have will be strictly adhered to, guaranteeing an enjoyable dining experience for all. Set up, serving, and clean up will be expertly managed by Jennifer and her team, allowing you to relax and enjoy your exquisite meal.

• Woman-owned
    Lisa Married on 10/12/2014
    We recently got married at Eastern Market in Washington, DC and used dcTaste for our catering and wedding planning needs. Jennifer Tye was much more than just our caterer. She coordinated with other vendors, helped secure items that fit with our vintage, farm table feel, and pulled together a table setting that was spectacular. The dcTaste team turned the blank canvass of Eastern Market’s North Hall into something that would blow the minds of Pinterest followers!

JT and I met in person several times to talk through themes/layout/menus, etc. She was very prompt in responding to my many questions by phone and email as well. Every time we spoke, I felt like I was her number one priority and that she was truly invested in making my wedding as fabulous as possible. Beyond her incredible talent as a chef, she was mindful of costs and helped advise me on what was worth the splurge and what was an unnecessary expense.

Through dcTaste, we also had a day-of coordinator who was fully briefed on the theme and vision for the day and worked to ensure I had nothing to worry about. Elizabeth understood that the details mattered.

And then there was the fabulous food! For cocktail hour, we had passed appetizers that included BBQ pulled pork in tiny mason jars with coleslaw and baked beans on top – so creative and delicious. We also passed mini grilled cheese sandwiches with a tomato soup shooter, bruschetta, and goat cheese stuffed dates wrapped in bacon.

For dinner we started with butternut squash soup with a dab of pumpkin butter followed by 13-hour braised short ribs with mélange of fall vegetables and the best cauliflower puree one has ever eaten. For dessert we had a pie table – blueberry, sour cherry, pecan, apple and key lime. We also had red velvet wedding cake but the pies were the big hit!

Remarks heard from our guests:
    “This meal is amazing; I would order it again if this was a restaurant.”
    “Short ribs were just like my mom's."

Pricing

Team

Owner + Chef

About Jennifer Tye

A former marketing executive with a passion for cooking and entertaining, I opted to get out of the confines of an office and the suit & (fabulous) heels, to become a professional cook. I’ve tried to cook in heels but sadly it’s just not possible. Formerly an assistant chef instructor at L’Academie de Cuisine (www.lacademie.com), a two-year veteran cook at award-winning Michel Richard Citronelle as well as Central Michel Richard in Washington, DC, I enjoy creating traditional and modern cuisine based in classic french technique, while providing an exceptional experience in customer service.

If you’re hosting a party or a dinner, and want to impress with every detail attended to, I know you’ll be delighted with my service and the delicious dishes I create for you. I believe that since it’s not every day that you host a party – it’s important to make certain it’s done impeccably.

Please contact me to arrange a menu for your upcoming event. I am happy to provide references. 202.487.4414 or email me at jt@dctaste.com.

All the Best,