1000 Carillon Blvd, Dayton, OH 45409 Map · Phone number

About Dayton History

EVENTS THAT MAKE HISTORY!

Make your special day go down in history with Dayton History. Our breathtaking venues are timeless, historically groundbreaking, and truly one-of-a-kind!

Dayton History is Montomery County's official historical organization. Our mission is to bring the past to life to understand the present and inspire the future by collecting, preserving, interpreting, presenting, and promoting the region's past. As a privately supported non-profit organization, your event helps sustain educational programming and conservation efforts that are essential to the mission of Dayton History.

We are located at Carillon Historical Park - 1000 Carillon Blvd Dayton, OH 45409.

**Coming Fall 2019**

Carillon Park's Heritage Center of Regional Leadership - This new 32 thousand square-foot building will connect the Kettering Family Education Center to the Carillon Brewing Company, and will provide a banquet space for approximately 500 guests. Rental information to come!

Follow Dayton History on

carillon event2 51 608799

26 Reviews for Dayton History

Caitlin · Married on 10/21/2018

Excellent and Wonderful

The experience was wonderful. Every question we had was answered immediately. Extremely organized. We enjoyed working with Lindsay Bayliff. The wedding reception was beautiful and all the guests had a great time.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Dayton History's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Caitlin! I am thrilled to hear that you and your guests had a great time at your reception in the James F. Dicke Transportation Center. I really enjoyed working with you and your family! Thanks again! -Lindsay

Jessica · Married on 07/02/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience at Carillon Park. We recently got married at the Transportation Center, using the bridge for the ceremony and the patio/building for the cocktail hour/reception. The venue is absolutely stunning; our guests couldn't stop raving about how beautiful and unique the space was. The staff was exceptional. Our coordinator, Kay, was extremely professional and responsive. She patiently listened to each and every request and even accommodated our need to start setting up a little earlier than originally planned. On the day of, the crew during the wedding was immensely accommodating, with the team lead helping me with my dress and frequently asking if I needed another drink. The bartenders were wonderful; several guests commented about how friendly, outgoing, and fun they were. Our entire event was absolutely stunning and this venue allowed me to have the wedding of my dreams. If you're looking for a beautiful and unique venue in Dayton, look no further than Carillon Park!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Maigan · Married on 06/10/2016

My husband and I truly had the wedding of our dreams at Carillon Park. My family and friends were floored when they saw the venue. They got to walk through a beautiful historical park to get to the ceremony and reception venue (nothing better than the ceremony and reception at the same place. It's so polite to have everything in one spot for your guests. Especially in such a unique venue). We had our ceremony on the Morrison Iron Bridge and then the reception inside the Transportation Center at the end of the elegant spiraled staircase. The staff even gave us the option of opening some of the trains so our guests could walk inside and take memorable photos. My family and friends thought it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. I had strangers commenting on our photos that it looked like a wedding out of a magazine! You truly will not find another venue like Carillon Park.

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Alesha Monk, the park's wedding/event coordinator was. Alesha is hands down the best in the business. She is so professional, patient, attentive, kind, and gets things done. She truly made the experience of planning a wedding worry free and fun. My husband and I absolutely owe our day to her. She is phenomenal. Alesha also ran the rehearsal the day before and welcomed everyone to the park with open arms. I was so appreciative and thankful that we were given that time to practice.

I can't thank Carillon Park and Alesha enough. It was the happiest day of our lives. It was beautiful!!!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Dayton History FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 1,500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 250
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 10
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 8
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Museum, Park
  • What event services do you offer? Bar Services, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Preferred Vendors Only, Set Up
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, November, December

• All The Right Tunes
    All The Right Tunes Wedding DJs

Time and time again we have been impressed with the staff of Dayton History. Beautiful venues, experienced staff, and a love for what they do makes booking your wedding or event with them an easy choice. Give them a call and you'll see what I mean.

• 1000 Carillon Blvd Dayton, 45409 See on map