Cincinnati, OH 45205 Map · Phone number

About Darrin Ballman Photography/D&D Weddings

I love wedding days! I enjoy capturing the full scope of your day as completely and unobtrusively as possible, and want you to come away from your wedding day with images that capture the emotions and memories, showcase your venues and details, and provide you with a very real way to relive your special day.

With over 400 weddings to my credit there is the experience you can rely on for a day as important as this. I am Southwest Ohio based but available for all destinations, including international.

A wide variety of package options are available from $1500-$4000.
Custom collections and a la carte are available.

Join me on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/DarrinBallmanPhotography

Follow Darrin Ballman Photography/D&D Weddings on

SSWedding95
SSWedding97
DRB7330

9 Reviews for Darrin Ballman Photography/D&D Weddings

I have been wanted to write this review since my wedding 2 months ago, but I wanted to wait until I had the photos and everything was wrapped up.

For my wedding, I worked with Darrin Ballman. I had posted an ad on the boards looking for a photographer for Fresno, CA and he responded .. from Ohio. In talking to him, I learned that his daughters are in California, so he likes to do California weddings so that he can write off all travel expenses as a business trip and he gets to see his girls. I threw caution to the wind and booked him a full year in advance. (Caution because 1. I would not meet him before the wedding. 2. I couldn’t find any reviews on the boards about him. 3. He was paid in full before the wedding started… so I really hoped he showed up. Are all brides are skeptical as me?)

So, about Darrin, he was amazing! Through the process he answered all of my questions and offered very helpful suggestions for the timelines for the day of the wedding. And continued to help with timeline as the wedding expanded from 50 people and appetizer to 125 with a full meal. He has done over 400 weddings, so I trusted he knew best, and he did!

A few of the main things that stood out in my mind for the day. 1. He showed up. 2. He really did stay the whole day! He asked what time I wanted him there, and I said “ummm I have to talk down the aisle at x-time, what do you think?” He said I should be there at noon. So from noon until about 11:30p, he and his assistant went non-stop. 3. He said he would have all of the pictures posted to a person website one month after the wedding. And at 7am when I got to work one month later, the pictures were up (all 850 of them)! 4. We get all usage rights to the photos. This is a big deal!! 5. We got DVD copies of all of the pictures. 6. Pictures are GEORGEOUS!

Overall it was an absolutely wonderful experience working with him! He was straight forward, down-to-earth, and took control of the situation when necessary. I was so relieved that everything worked out because the first time I met him was at the rehearsal! Oh yes, that is another thing. He got into town early so that he could come to the rehearsal to meet the venue owner and see how everything was laid out. Which to me, is going above and beyond!

Feel free to contact me if you have any question! Cause he was just that good!

Sent on 07/19/2012

Heather · Married on 10/29/2011

Darrin was such a pleasure to work with. We really lucked out in finding him. He is from Ohio, and our wedding was in Milwaukee- about an 8 hour drive away. Darrin was always available via telephone, and even made the trip to meet with us a few weeks before the wedding. He was very knowledgeable, and has a love and passion for photography. His work is amazing- his eye for photos and the creativity is phenomenal. I fell in love with his work the moment I saw his website. He is a genuinely nice person, which makes him so enjoyable to work with. Having a long distance photography relationship was scary at first, but we really felt like we could trust Darrin, and he also provided us with email addresses of references to put our minds at ease. I would highly recommend his services.

Sent on 11/23/2011

Sara · Married on 06/13/2009

Going into our wedding we knew finding the right photographers would be among the most crucial and lasting choices we made. What drew us to D&D Photography was their unconventional style. The majority of their pictures were unrehearsed. They kept a delicate balance capturing tender moment while playing off interesting angles and lighting. It was art.
    Working with Darrin and Deanna was a pleasure, they were professionals who made us so comfortable they could just blend in. They had unique suggestions such as constructing a guest book from engagement photos they would shoot in a "street session" moonlighting interesting spots in Cincinnati. We are very pleased with the results, they perfectly refined our collaborative design.
    We highly recommend D&D Photography, they exceeded all of our expectations. After this experience we can genuinely say these are people who love what they do, and are in tune with their clients. They're excellent, we can't praise them enough!

Sent on 11/04/2009

Award

Darrin Ballman Photography/D&D Weddings FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Custom Graphics
    High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums