225 Michigan st. nw, Grand Rapids, MI 49510 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Most Popular Price $2,950
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 29

About Crystal V. Photography

With Crystal V Photography, you'll find that our style is clean, classic, with a touch of the dramatic. Our brides are drawn to us for our colorful and crisp imagery, and our use of light. Crystal's favorite thing to photograph is people interacting naturally, and honing in on all the emotional moments of the day as it unfolds. Although Crystal's husband Christian is just one of a few of her assistant photographers, his love for architectural photography has rubbed off onto her and created the perfect balance of getting the "scene", but also those intimate moments and beautiful portraits that Crystal loves to photograph. Because of this blend of passions, Crystal has adapted to a style that showcases everything from the small details to the grand wide photos, and she particularly loves taking stunning portraits with dramatic lighting.

Because of this unique blend of styles, Crystal V is the perfect fit for weddings with stunning architecture (cathedrals, mansions, museums, theaters, and historical venues) as well as lakeside and destination weddings with stunning natural landscapes.

We understand that although your end goal is beautiful wedding photos that stand the test of time, you want a photographer that helps make your day run as smoothly as possible in an un-obtrusive way. After all, your wedding day is a celebration with your friends and family and not just a photoshoot. This is why we approach the day mainly as photojournalists, capturing moments as they unfold, only stepping in as necessary to guide you to the most photogenic locations and angles. Although our main goal is to get you images that you would be proud to showcase blown up on your wall, we also aim to keep the experience light and fun for you and your guests! Your wedding is a day to celebrate, smile, and just take in the day!

The most frequent thing that I hear is "you'll have to help us pose, we are super awkward". If this is you, this is NORMAL! That's where I come in! The thing we hear quite a bit from our past couples is that we helped them to feel at ease by making them laugh! Our favorite type of wedding is one where our couple knows how to relax, have a good time, smile, and just get into it! Because we are mainly photojournalists, you won't have to do a ton of posing, just some light posing during the portraits and only for a few other moments during the day.

We utilize a simple all-inclusive package model, where we take the worry out of how much coverage to get right off your shoulders with an accessible price point. We take the time to work with you and have sample wedding day timelines to ensure that we can capture your photos in a relaxed manner, without worrying about tight photography timelines or not having enough time to get all of the important parts of the day. If this sounds like what you are looking for in a photographer, get in touch! More images and details: www.crystalvphotography.com

The style of photography that is offered at Crystal V. Photography is mostly photojournalistic, although we do take the time to get some posed shots of the couple and their families. Their main goal is to make sure that you can relax on your big day knowing that your wedding photographs are going to beautifully captured. Wedding photography services include the following:

• Second shooter
  • All-day coverage
  • Engagement shoot
  • High-resolution images
  • Optional albums, prints, and other products

DECEMBER 2019-JANUARY 2020 INCENTIVES

SAVE $250 OFF OUR ALL DAY PACKAGE IF BOOKED PRIOR TO JANUARY 31, 2020. HURRY, DATES GO FAST AFTER THE HOLIDAY ENGAGEMENT SEASON AND WE ARE TAKING A LIMITED AMOUNT OF WEDDINGS THIS YEAR.

Follow Crystal V. Photography on

Photos 28 Photos
Videos 1 vídeo

10 Reviews for Crystal V. Photography

Katrina · Married on 06/15/2019

The best photographer ever!

Crystal is AMAZING!! If you are looking for a skillful photographer who is easy to work with, do not look any further!! She was so sweet and communicative from the moment I booked her. Our engagement pictures were literally to die for and she made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire session. This was the first time my husband and I ever had professional pictures taken, so we were a little nervous. I truly feel like she spent a ton of time with us and her excitement and positive energy made us feel so much more comfortable. We got our engagement photos back vey quickly and they were all perfect! The day of the wedding it unfortunately rained almost the entire day, but Crystal did her best to get some great pictures despite the weather. At one point, she was standing in the rain for a long period of time trying to get pictures of us on the porch and did not complain one single time. I chose to get a second photographer which was her husband and they were both great. I have not yet received my wedding photos but I know they will be nothing short of amazing. She spent a lot of time getting pictures of the decorations/details and I cannot wait to see them all. She was so accommodating, communicative, and really cared about what we wanted. She was also not afraid to be direct when taking family photos which I loved because it made everything run more smoothly and quickly. Not only was she easy too work with, but she is SO GOOD at what she does. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Erin · Married on 07/28/2018

Crystal was an amazing photographer to work with; she was easy to communicate with from start to finish. She emailed with us and we had a really nice and in-depth phone conversation to get started. She asked a lot of questions to get a good idea of what we were looking for and on the day of the wedding, I trusted that she was capturing everything that I wanted and more and I didn't have to worry or even think about it. And the photos are evidence that my trust was well founded! We are thrilled with the images, they truly captured the day - from tiny details (all the tiny details that meant so much to me and that I want to remember forever and I am so happy that I now have held in beautiful, professional photos) to the big picture (large scale, wide-lens shots that take in the whole scene, which was really important to me as well as we had an outdoor wedding with gorgeous gardens in the foreground and a shimmering lake in the background and in any of the guests' photos it was impossible to capture the whole thing, but Crystal's professional shots take it all in and really do justice to the setting that we put so much effort (and money) in having for our ceremony and it means to much to have it all available to look back on) she really got it all. She also caught all of the moments in the reception, we enjoyed looking through the photos and seeing the parts of the party that we didn't even know were happening around us! She caught small personal moments in the garden grounds and big fun moments on the dance floor, she somehow managed to be everywhere! She even made sure to catch us at the right time to get some sunset photos, which we would not have thought of and would have missed without her. Crystal was really easy to work with and she directed the posed photos with ease and simplicity and she caught a lot of candid moments as well. It was the perfect combination.

Sent on 08/09/2018

Crystal V. Photography's reply:

Thank you both so much for trusting me with your big day! I know it probably wasn't easy planning everything from another state, so I hope I made some of the process easier for you! I truly enjoyed meeting both of your families and sharing in the smiles and laughter with everyone. The pleasure was truly mine and I hope you enjoy the photos in all the years to come!

Award

Crystal V. Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2400
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2950
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Film
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Proofs
    Save the Date

• 225 Michigan st. nw Grand Rapids, MI, 49510 See on map
    231-227-2797 (Phone number)
    Location of (Crystal V. Photography)