Crystal Image Photography

Farmville, VA View map Visit website

$1,661 Most Popular Price

VA, DC, NC & MD Wedding & Destination Photographer. LGBTQ Friendly wedding photographer
My idea of wedding day photography is to provide our couples with a non-intrusive, easy-going, and flexible approach. Our style is natural, unique, and spontaneous, capturing those special moments of your wedding day. One of my brides said it best, "Crystal knows when to provide direction and when to let things flow naturally." So, If you are a fun, easy-going couple who loves unique images and values photography, we are the wedding photographers for you!

Want to know how we are different?
If it pours down rain the day of your wedding please don't worry. I offer at no additional cost the opportunity to our couples to return to their venue to hold a couples session in their wedding attire. Why do I do this? Simple, because, I hate to see my couples spend thousands of dollars for beautiful images of themselves on their wedding day only to have it rain and have everything shot inside in a dull environment/background. Obviously, I can't control the weather but this is just my way of making sure my couple gets beautiful couple images on their wedding day best. Plus it is just a kind thing to do and we all need to share a little kindness! :)

• Woman-owned

Chris Married on 03/09/2019

Exactly what we were looking for!

Crystal did an amazing job capturing our wedding and reception! We wanted a photographer that would capture the day, but in a candid manner...and she delivered! My husband and I are looking through the first take of pictures she has provided, and they're fantastic! We primarily wanted photos of our and guests' candid reactions to the evening, and they turned out beautifully! We cannot recommend her enough!
    Amber Married on 06/17/2017
    Crystal was amazing! She accommodated our unique needs, was really easy to work with, and provided us with fantastic photos of our wedding! Ohh, and we got those photos just 10 days after our wedding. 100% recommend!!!
    Craig Married on 08/17/2013
    When I first saw Crystal's gallery on her website, I knew she was the photographer for us. Her composition and lighting are just fantastic. She and her photography partner Jen were so much fun! They made us laugh and helped us to relax. They were fun and very professional at the same time. My husband has trouble smiling big for photos, but they often got him to laugh by shouting "C'mon Dean!" We couldn't be happier with the photos Crystal shot of us. She really caught some genuine loving moments between my husband and I.

I highly recommend her to anyone looking to have their most special moments captured. I also highly recommend her for anyone looking for an LGBT friendly photographer experienced with same-sex weddings!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Team

Crystal Vandegrift
Crystal Vandegrift
Owner and Lead Photographer

I'm Crystal the owner of Crystal Image Photography. I'm a Wedding & Destination Photographer based in VA and travel all over the country to cover weddings of all types. I am also an LGBTQ friendly wedding photographer.
I'm married and have one daughter. My daughter Casey is and will always be my best accomplishment in my life! I have entered my 25th year in business this year in 2021 and Casey has become my second shooter. So, I guess you could say we are a mother and daughter team!

​I'm a huge animal lover. I share my home with five beautiful rescue tuxedo kitties (NO, I am not a crazy cat lady :) and one little blind Bichon dog. Jaxson is my daughter's loveable black lab who everyone loves to meet as you may find him traveling with us at times. I'm a big-time coffee drinker, lover of tattoos, and sometimes craft beer drinker. In my free time, you can find me anywhere near the sun, sand, and water....preferably in the Caribbean if I can get there.

Casey Vandegrift
Casey Vandegrift
Assistant Photographer

I have been photographing weddings as a second shooter since I was 17. I am currently a senior at Longwood University studying to be a speech pathologist.

Caryn's Bridals, Formals & Tuxedos Caryn's Bridals, Formals & Tuxedos Wedding Dresses

Caryn’s Bridals, Formals and Tuxedos has worked closely with Crystal for many years. Many of our brides have gone to Crystal for their wedding portraits, and they look absolutely stunning! We would definitely recommend Crystal to capture your special day.

Party Hardy Party Hardy Wedding DJs

My association with CIP started last year at my wedding. Crystal takes beautiful pictures and we have worked several of the same events since then.

200 North Street Farmville, 23901
434-204-3009

Wed - Sat. 10 to 5
Location of (Crystal Image Photography)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding