Chowhound Gourmet is a wedding catering company in Livonia, Michigan, servicing weddings and events throughout the Detroit area. Executive chef and owner John Breeland is committed to crafting a wedding dining experience that is uniquely yours. Whether you are planning a traditional, contemporary, elegant or casual wedding, the team will deliver a culinary experience to match. Chowhound Gourmet seeks to create menus that fit his clients' style and budget.
The culinary team at Chowhound Gourmet is passionate about creating an unmatched dining experience with exceptional service and care. The catering company has several sample menus that can help plan your perfect wedding menu. Dishes can be served as plated meals, buffet-style, family-style, stations and hors d'oeuvres. They also provide tastings and desserts.
Chowhound Gourmet offers delivery, setup and cleanup for every wedding they service. The company can provide catering services for your rehearsal dinner and wedding reception.
Recommended by 100% of couples
2 User photos
Amanda · Married on 05/06/2018
Chef John Breeland of Chowhound Gourmet was the best caterer, and we would recommend him 110% percent. He impressed us from the first meeting to the very last bite.Sent on 05/23/2018
I am a bit of a foodie, so the most important part of the wedding planning to me was the food. I spoke with 6 other caterers in Southeastern Michigan before finally deciding on Chef John. Not only did he have the most innovative and fun sample menus on his website, but he was able to create a personalized menu for our wedding, and even recreated some of our favorite dishes. The service that he and his staff provided on the day was impeccable. If you are getting married, you absolutely must go with Chowhound Gourmet.
Few more highlights:
- The food was amazing (coriander steak, burgundy braised chicken, morel risotto, wild mushroom tartlets, roasted eggplant with pomegranate, “biscuits and gravy” hors d'oeuvres…) My husband took one bite of his meal, said that he wanted to kiss the chef, and that it ranked amongst Michelin starred restaurants. Wedding guests kept coming up to us to tell us how delicious the food was, and it made us so happy to see our guests get thirds and even fourths. Two weeks after our wedding, guests are still texting us about how it was the best wedding food they have ever had.
- Communication was so clear and prompt. He always made sure to send an updated proposal after each change.
- He created a custom menu that was perfectly tailored to our guests. My husband’s family is from the South, my family is from Asia, and some guests were vegetarian/vegan, so believe me when I say it was no easy feat to create this wonderful menu!
- Value was exceptional. Chef John’s prices are also clearly shown on his website, which made it such a breeze to plan with him.
- On the day of the wedding, there was nothing for us to do or stress about. Chef John and his team took care of absolutely everything.
Chowhound Gourmet, thank you a million times over for catering our wedding!
suzanne · Getting married on 10/19/2019
Chowhound Gourmet Best Ever!
Went for the tasting for my sons wedding and John was fabulous and his food was the most amazing! Definitely a "Chef" prepared meal vs. a "caterer" prepared meal!Sent on 01/03/2019
Chowhound Gourmet's reply:
Rebecca · Married on 07/04/2019
Excellent Service and Food from Chowhound Gourmet
Chowhound Gourmet is an excellent company and I would recommend them to anyone. My wedding reception was held at a park pavilion and I was concerned that it might come across too much like a graduation party type event rather than a wedding. Chowhound Gourmet helped give my event that extra bit of class. The food was delicious and unique and the onsite servers did an excellent job of presenting it in a really classy way even though we were using fancy looking disposable flatware and plates. I was really impressed with the onsite servers too. They arrived about two hours early to set up, so there was no worrying about them. I figured they would only be responsible for setting the food out and making sure that the food stayed well stocked but they also went around cleaning up the little cups and glasses the food came in as people finished them. I told everyone that the food was the wedding detail that was most important to me and Chowhound Gourmet did not disappoint!Sent on 07/09/2019
Chowhound Gourmet Price Rates
If you are looking for amazing food and for a chef to provide a culinary experience JB Chowhound Gourmet is the place to go. Chowhound has thoughtfully prepared their menus to be inspiring! More importantly Chowhound will create a menu that fits your events personality and style. If you are looking for the best food you have ever had Chowhound Gourmet is the place to be!