1547 W. Augusta BLVD #3, Chicago, IL 60622 Map · Phone number

About Chicago Movers and Shakers

Chicago Movers and Shakers provides DJs for weddings for brides and grooms who are looking for a one-of-a-kind wedding reception. You might be tired of the predictable DJs you've seen before, and want to have a night that is all about your type of fun!

Unlike other DJ companies, we are all ears when it comes to making your event stand-out among the crowd while still remaining budget friendly. We take the time to truly listen, and help you plan the best night of your life!

Please explore our website for more details, and feel free to CONTACT US if you have a specific question that we can help you with!

Follow Chicago Movers and Shakers on

imag0111
we the people love cmas

18 Reviews for Chicago Movers and Shakers

Anne · Married on 01/02/2016

Josh and his crew did such an amazing job for my wedding. We selected a package option that included Josh as the DJ plus an music assistant, and we also hired their photo booth services. So 3 people came for a very reasonable price! He also brought uplights, which are a nice addition for a wedding.

Josh spoke with me on the phone many times in advance of the wedding (even over the holidays!) to discuss details, clarify things for me, offered important suggestions on things I hadn't considered, and reassured me how great some of my more unorthodox ideas would turn out. As a courtesy, he also met with me at our reception place a few weeks before the wedding to figure out where the equipment would look and fit best. This was above and beyond what I expected from any vendor.

Josh is super organized, which I didn't fully appreciate until after the fact. We had to complete a "Wedding Music Questionnaire" which asked about our parents' names, the bridal party names, the order of our reception events, what traditions we wanted and didn't want to do, any unique ideas, etc. I wish some of my other vendors were this thoughtful because there ended up being a lot of confusion with other vendors the day-of and, as the bride, I was in no place to sort anything out.

Everyone I talked to from my wedding loved the music. He did an awesome job of creating a playlist from our vague description of the musical collection we wanted. People were dancing all night and I think the biggest crowd was at midnight, when our reception was ending. Not a lot of DJs can keep so many people dancing for 4 straight hours.

We loved the photo booth too! The props were hilarious and they even reserved the photo booth at the end of the reception for me and the groom. This was so thoughtful because we didn't have a lot of time throughout the night to hit up the photo booth.

Anyway, I can't say enough good things about Josh and CMAS. Work with them - you won't be disappointed.

Kristin · Married on 08/29/2015

We had Josh as the DJ for our wedding and cocktail hour and he was AMAZING! He was incredibly easy to work with and the music was great. He really listened to what we wanted and customized the music to our taste. Several people told us our DJ was the best they've heard and others asked for the song list we provided so they could use it for an upcoming party... except that most of the picks were Josh's not our. I would HIGHLY recommend Chicago Movers and Shakers :)

Jessica · Married on 02/21/2015

We can't say enough good things about Josh and Chicago Movers and Shakers. We booked Josh as our DJ for our February wedding, and he was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. It's clear that he not only knows what he is doing, but genuinely enjoys it-- a recipe for a great DJ. Josh took all our must play lists but also spoke with us several times to get a flavor for what kind of music we enjoyed. Together, we set up a plan for cocktail, dinner, and dancing music that were all distinct and wonderful.Josh's flexibility is unparalleled-- going as far as to happily adding a photo booth to our event literally three days before. Amazing!

Josh had a tragic incident while setting up for our wedding--- his computer and hard drives were severely damaged. A testament to his professionalism, he went out and bought a new computer and was ready to go in less than two hours. We had no idea it had even happened until he called us days later. Rest assured, you're in amazing hands if you hire Josh.

Oh, and book the photo booth. It's not a booth but rather a set up with an attendant and a big screen-- which ends up being better because you can do pictures with big groups. They do an awesome job, providing props, paper and pens to put a guest book together. Josh even hand-delivered our finished guest book a couple of weeks after our wedding!

Don't hesitate-- hire Josh and Chicago Movers and Shakers.

Award

Chicago Movers and Shakers FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 750.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,499.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 333.00
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Video Projection

• 1547 W. Augusta BLVD #3 Chicago, IL 60622 See on map