4820 Kyle Drive, Raleigh, NC 27616 Map · Phone number
1 review

About Charles Dickens Photography

Elegant, Romantic Wedding Photography for the Modern Bride.

Our goal in photographing your wedding is simple - to help you have the most romantic wonderful wedding day experience possible. We do that by putting our 15 plus years of wedding photography experience to work for you, from planning the photography all the way to delivering the most elegant, custom designed wedding album you can imagine.

Don’t entrust your precious wedding day memories to just any photographer!

Did you know you will probably spend more time with your photographer than any other professional on your wedding day?

Before you make the decision on who you will trust to photograph your wedding, come in and chat with us. We don’t use high pressure sales and whether you choose us to photograph your wedding or not, we will help you understand all the important, and often overlooked aspects to consider in your photography and your photographer!

We offer a no obligation consult, and guarantee you will leave with all the critical information you need to make a well informed decision about your wedding photography.

• Anna Wartak Photography
  • Joe Payne Photography
  • Megan Kime Photography
AshleyHilliardBridalPortraits0031bw
AshleyHilliardBridalPortraits0031bw

1 Reviews for Charles Dickens Photography

Fran · Married on 07/07/2012

We had a wonderful experience at our wedding:
    Mr. Dickens (and his wife) was very unobtrusive during the ceremony and the reception and noone felt bugged or interrupted by him (no camera 'in your face' and no forced smiles). He just managed to be there at the perfect moments to take the shots - and got amazing pictures of us and all our guests (we had special requests like taking at least one good picture of each guest and he was happy to accomodate to this and more).

He was very flexible, it was no hassle to ask him to stay longer than originally scheduled (some friends did a surprise masquerade and we wanted that captured as well).

My husband and I are very detail-oriented and wanted a few portraits with perfect settings to put on our wall. The photographer's wife was there too and she arranged/draped my dress and took care of background details. She took some pictures as well - from a slightly different perspective than he did - which turned out great. They gave us subtle hints during our poses (like changing the angle I was holding the bouquet) without distracting us too much or making it look stiff.

When I looked at the pictures our guests had taken at the venue (difficult lighting inside a tent, outside group portraits in the summer heat, reception inside a building) I was astonished to see how awful most of them turned out, despite some friends having failry pricey cameras. Not even photoshop saved them (I play around a lot and tried my best). But looking at the photographer's pictures I was blown away: perfect lighting, not blurry or awkward, got all our must-have moments and all our special requests.

I had expected something like the photographer taking a dozen pictures of the same pose and then we would pick the pictures that look the least awkward (that is what I do if friend take pictures),but this guy knows his job. He took at most a handful of pictures in each pose and we thought that even the 'bad' pictures looked amazing. Happy memories!

Sent on 02/12/2014

• Hudson Manor
    Hudson Manor Mansion Weddings

Charles is a consumate professional with an extraordianry eye! We use his beautiful photos is our advertising, ie. 2012 Southern Bride and Groom magazine.

• 4820 Kyle Drive Raleigh, 27616 See on map