Carla Gates Photography

Atlanta, GA View map

I’m a southern girl from Atlanta, a romantic at heart, a lover of family, and a cherisher of the extraordinary moments that add up to create a life. It’s safe to say this is how I ended up with a camera in hand - climbing, rolling, and ducking to capture those beautiful expressions that can’t be put into words. Growing up I never left home without my pocket Canon and annoyed many a friend with non-stop pictures along the way –of course they were thankful for them later. But it wasn’t until a very special trip to South Africa that I was blessed to discover what surpassing joy photography would bring to my heart. When I stood among a sea of children who had nothing…no parents, clean clothes, or food, who in the midst of such horrible circumstances radiated God’s great warmth and pure joy- my cup runneth over. I wanted to capture it, to keep it…to tell their sweet stories and to remind myself and others that it’s not about what we have, but about what we do with what we are given.

A quote that has challenged me through the years says, “Find what makes you come alive and go do it, because what the world needs are people who have come alive”. That is the best way I can describe what happens when I have a camera in hand; I come alive in ways that I could have never imagined. I feel so blessed to be invited to share in your special moments that will soon be beautiful memories. I pray that my photos bring you back into those moments, and tell a story…a story that is beyond words.

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you like what you see!

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$500

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Multi. Locations
One Event / Day
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Digital Files
Prints

• Jennifer
    Jennifer S. Married on 05/06/2021

Dream Photographer!

Carla is a dream to work with on weddings! She is detailed and incredibly talented. She sets the client at ease while having fun and still doing her job. The photos are magnificent! As a wedding planner, I love working with Carla and her team!
    Barbara Married on 08/26/2018

November 2020 Wedding

Carla is the most caring of people and it definitely shows in the moments she is able to capture through her lens! Our daughter reviewed so many photographers' works prior to selecting Carla, and having seen the engagement photos, she chose the perfect person!!
    As a mother, it was precious to see how Carla helped pose each person, and make certain their hair was perfect for the image.
    I won't post any images yet, as anything I might have taken would pale in comparison to Carla's eye!
    If you are looking for a photographer who cares, has an amazing eye for light and her subjects, and is a genuinely wonderful person, look no further!
    Anna Married on 11/05/2016
    There is so much to say about Carla and how amazing she is!! She captured our big day perfectly. From every detail to every wonderful candid moment, she was right there! We are so thankful for the memories we will have to look back on for years to come. You cannot go wrong with Carla! Her professional and high quality photos are everything you could imagine! We have already had so many compliments on how they are the most beautiful pictures they have ever seen! Thank you so much Carla, a thousand times, thank you.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Up and Up Weddings Up and Up Weddings Wedding Videographers

One of the nicest humans ever! My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Carla twice now. She is so professional and talented.

Sun in my Belly Sun in my Belly Wedding Caterers

Sun in my Belly Catering endorses this vendor.

Veronica Sitterding & Company Veronica Sitterding & Company Wedding Hair & Makeup

To sum up Carla in one word would be AMAZING. I am a professional makeup artist who has worked in this industry since 1999. I cannot say enough about how wonderful Carla is as a professional talent and mastermind creative! I work in commercial, fashion, editorial, and bridal and she is hands down one of the best photographers I have ever worked with. Her eye for capturing an image is spot on. Every time I do a wedding with her I get excited because I know I will love the images and want to use them on my website. Your wedding day images are ALL you have to remember your day by. You get what you pay for so invest into your wedding wisely :) Photography is NOT a corner you want to cut because I have seen a beautiful wedding in person that was not captured accurately, and feel so bad for that Bride. Make no mistake...your photographer and how you look (eg...makeup and hair) can make or break the way you enjoy your images for years to come.

Atlanta, GA, 30342
Location of (Carla Gates Photography)

Carla Gates Photography frequently asked questions

What photography styles does Carla Gates Photography offer?

Carla Gates Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Carla Gates Photography offer?

Carla Gates Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Multi. Locations
  • One Event / Day
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Carla Gates Photography offer for wedding events?

Carla Gates Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Digital Files
  • Prints

What percentage of users recommend Carla Gates Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Carla Gates Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Atlanta for your wedding