Atlanta, GA 30342 Map · Phone number

About Carla Gates

I’m a southern girl from Atlanta, a romantic at heart, a lover of family, and a cherisher of the extraordinary moments that add up to create a life. It’s safe to say this is how I ended up with a camera in hand - climbing, rolling, and ducking to capture those beautiful expressions that can’t be put into words. Growing up I never left home without my pocket Canon and annoyed many a friend with non-stop pictures along the way –of course they were thankful for them later. But it wasn’t until a very special trip to South Africa that I was blessed to discover what surpassing joy photography would bring to my heart. When I stood among a sea of children who had nothing…no parents, clean clothes, or food, who in the midst of such horrible circumstances radiated God’s great warmth and pure joy- my cup runneth over. I wanted to capture it, to keep it…to tell their sweet stories and to remind myself and others that it’s not about what we have, but about what we do with what we are given.

A quote that has challenged me through the years says, “Find what makes you come alive and go do it, because what the world needs are people who have come alive”. That is the best way I can describe what happens when I have a camera in hand; I come alive in ways that I could have never imagined. I feel so blessed to be invited to share in your special moments that will soon be beautiful memories. I pray that my photos bring you back into those moments, and tell a story…a story that is beyond words.

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you like what you see!

river oaks charleston film wedding photos0026
river oaks charleston film wedding photos0026

69 Reviews for Carla Gates

• Jennifer

Jennifer Stewart Lackey · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Dream Photographer!

Carla is a dream to work with on weddings! She is detailed and incredibly talented. She sets the client at ease while having fun and still doing her job. The photos are magnificent! As a wedding planner, I love working with Carla and her team!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Anna · Married on 11/05/2016

There is so much to say about Carla and how amazing she is!! She captured our big day perfectly. From every detail to every wonderful candid moment, she was right there! We are so thankful for the memories we will have to look back on for years to come. You cannot go wrong with Carla! Her professional and high quality photos are everything you could imagine! We have already had so many compliments on how they are the most beautiful pictures they have ever seen! Thank you so much Carla, a thousand times, thank you.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2016

Carla Gates perfectly captured all the love and joy from our wedding day in October 2016. Leading up to the wedding, she really took the time to get to know my husband and I, and what was important to us in documenting our special day. Carla is incredibly creative and has exquisite attention to detail - whether its the angle she had me tilt the bouquet, or little props she used to photography our rings - all these little details add such a richness to the photos. What I love most about our photos, however, is how she really captured the personalities and emotions of the 'person' behind all the dresses, tuxes, flowers, and details. You can see our love story unfolding within each chapter of the entire day. When I look at the photos, I'm truly experiencing the day again because you can really feel the love between my husband and I, and our family and friends. Carla is a very warm, kind person and she kept us very relaxed throughout the entire day with her calm demeanor and sense of humor. I think that relaxation and comfort level with Carla really comes across in the natural look and feel of the photos. After the wedding, Carla was very responsive while we were waiting for the photos and even gave me and my mom a 'sneak peek' of a few photos so we could send them out in Christmas Cards! The layout for the albums that she designed was beautiful as well, and she was very helpful and responsive with our questions and comments as we made a few revisions. Overall I can't say enough wonderful things about Carla. The pure love and joy from our wedding day shines through our photographs, and I am so grateful to have these to cherish our entire lives!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Carla Gates FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 500.00
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Multi. Locations
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Digital Files
    Prints

• Up and Up Weddings Wedding Videographers

One of the nicest humans ever! My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Carla twice now. She is so professional and talented.

• Sun in my Belly Wedding Caterers

Sun in my Belly Catering endorses this vendor.

• Veronica Sitterding & Company Wedding Hair & Makeup

To sum up Carla in one word would be AMAZING. I am a professional makeup artist who has worked in this industry since 1999. I cannot say enough about how wonderful Carla is as a professional talent and mastermind creative! I work in commercial, fashion, editorial, and bridal and she is hands down one of the best photographers I have ever worked with. Her eye for capturing an image is spot on. Every time I do a wedding with her I get excited because I know I will love the images and want to use them on my website. Your wedding day images are ALL you have to remember your day by. You get what you pay for so invest into your wedding wisely :) Photography is NOT a corner you want to cut because I have seen a beautiful wedding in person that was not captured accurately, and feel so bad for that Bride. Make no mistake...your photographer and how you look (eg...makeup and hair) can make or break the way you enjoy your images for years to come.

• Atlanta, GA, 30342 See on map
    Location of (Carla Gates)