By John Allen

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,500 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,500 Most Popular Price

John Allen Weddings is a wedding photographer based out of Austin, Texas. Born and raised in Texas, John believes in living and loving passionately. A lover of the great outdoors, this photographer strives to find a balance between the natural and the modern in both his life and work. John lives each day to the fullest and brings an authentic, relaxed, and adventurous approach to photoshoots. He believes that taking pictures should be fun and provides a flexible and supportive service on your momentous occasion.

John Allen Weddings offers custom packages to ensure that you and your partner get the photographs of your dreams. All images are delivered digitally in an online gallery for your ease and convenience. On the big day, John will blend into the background and find the raw and candid details that you otherwise may not have noticed. He likes to have genuine conversations with your loved ones and bring out their unique personalities. This professional knows that weddings can fly by, and he is committed to delivering timeless images that you can revisit again and again.

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$3,500

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Add'l Hours
Engagement Shoot
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,500

Add'l Hours
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Kailyn B. Married on 12/22/2021

Amazing photographer!

John Allen is an amazing photographer! He was super friendly and worked really hard to get all the photos we wanted. He even did a little parkour to get the right angle for some pictures. He worked with our videographer as well, and they did a great job at getting everything without getting in the way of each other. We are so excited to see the final pictures and know they will be amazing!
  • Kristen
    Kristen K. Married on 11/22/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

10/10 Absolute gem, no stress - best experience!

When researching photographers I came across many profiles displaying work that looked to be overpriced and gauche quality. When I saw John's work I immediately fell in a TRANCE. The shots he takes are so much more than your event photos - they are truly works of art that capture EMOTION. He also edits phenomenally, they're not fake looking/overdone and not "cookie-cutter".

We loved the date 11/22, so I literally had only days to plan our elopement. John was my #1, but I knew calling him with only 5 days notice was ludicrous (I was banking on the fact that the date was a Monday). He replied to my voicemail immediately with a text to let me know he was currently on a shoot, but that he would call me later to discuss details (GREAT communication - it took so much stress off of me). We scheduled some pre-event calls (even one with my husband present) because he TRULY cares about giving ya'll the vision you're hoping for. He went above and beyond by even scoping out different shooting locations downtown PRIOR to the wedding. He texted us videos of possible shooting locations 2 days prior to the event! One was a gorgeous rooftop that no one would know about. Those particular photos were insanely great.

He was on time, made everyone there feel comfortable in front of the camera, took as many family combo pictures we wanted, took us around downtown to his desired locations, etc. He sent the final digital album within the timeframe he quoted.

Anyway - I could seriously go on forever. I hope you're able to scroll through his work and appreciate his artistry. He is worth 10x what he is charging, trust me.
  • Wes
    Wes D. Married on 11/21/2021

Friendly, Intuitive, and Talented

After reaching out to John, my wife and I scheduled a meet-up with him at a cafe in Austin so that we could get to know each other before the wedding day. Immediately, we were blown away by his artistic dedication and the deep connection that he builds with his clients; this connection results in the gorgeous photography that comes easy to him. He knows how to capture the brightest of smiles as well as the most intimate of embraces. My wife and I are inspired by John's skill, and we are grateful to have had him capture the most wonderful moments of our lives.
  • illustration stars

John Allen
John Allen
Owner

Hi, I'm John Allen!

After spending 10 years in the corporate finance world I've decided to take a chance and follow my passion. I've been taking photographs for as long as I can remember and have been shooting weddings since 2018.

Words to describe working with me: laidback, fun, flexible, reliable, funny. and aware.

Things that excite me: road trips with the windows down, film photography, TASCHEN books, turning the iPhone off sometimes, lo-fi hip hop, National Parks, taking care of the environment, skateboard/surf culture, and most importantly coffee :)

3401 S. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX, 78704
Location of (By John Allen)

By John Allen frequently asked questions

What photography services does By John Allen include in the starting price?

By John Allen includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Add'l Hours
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Digital Files

What photography services does By John Allen include in their most popular wedding package?

By John Allen includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • Add'l Hours
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does By John Allen offer?

By John Allen offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does By John Allen offer?

By John Allen offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does By John Allen offer for wedding events?

By John Allen offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Digital Files

What percentage of users recommend By John Allen and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

By John Allen is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Austin for your wedding