Brides by SB

New York, NY View map

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Hair
Makeup

What hair services do you offer?

Extensions
Haircuts
Updos / Styling

What makeup services do you offer?

Fake Lashes
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• I
    Isabel B. Married on 06/12/2022

The best decision

I forget how I found Sarah but I'm so happy I did because she was fantastic! Right from the start, Sarah was warm, welcoming, and wonderful to speak with. Booking was a breeze and communication was always seamless – my questions and any concerns were always answered in a timely matter.

Day of, Sarah and her team showed up on time and ready to go. They were kind, funny, and made the morning very stress-free. Our make up looks were stunning, my mom remarked it was the best makeup she's ever had. I don't usually wear makeup but Sarah made me feel stunning, I couldn't stop smiling all day. She referenced my inspiration often, even stepping away from it when appropriate. For instance, my sisters have two different hair types and Sarah adjusted their hair styles to match their hair texture and to accentuate their faces. I'm so happy I booked Brides by SB, they made my wedding day absolutely perfect!
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 04/29/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most stress free process

I found Sarah after my initial hair and make up person fell through, and even though her packages were more than what I had budgeted for on H&MU, it was worth locking her in for our wedding. Sarah is so easy to work with, and she communicated very well along the way (which I was so grateful for and impressed by considering she's got 2 little ones). I really appreciated the questionnaires she sent along the way to get the conversation going about looks and styles, and the attention she paid to each person's skin type and skincare routine. From our first phone call together I felt at ease with her immediately and knew that I could trust her. Half of my bridal party were Asians, so it was important to us to find someone who understood how to work with those features (you'd be surprised, I've gotten professional hair and make up done by Asian artists that I did not like!)
    During our trial and even on the morning of, Sarah took time chatting with each person about the process and the styles we were looking for, I think this put everyone at ease and helped those who were indecisive make a decision about what they wanted. Most of my bridesmaids do not wear make up on the regular, so they were so pleased when they got glammed up but still looked and felt like themselves. I have to admit even for myself that at the end of the night, I was a little bummed to take everything off because of how much I liked the look. One of my bridesmaid had short hair but wanted an updo to keep her hair out of her face, and Sarah and her assistant Colleen worked magic to achieve just that.
    The moms also had their hair and make up done, and overall we were just so pleased and grateful to Sarah for being willing to travel up to us in the Hudson Valley to complete our wedding looks.
    Kathy Z. Married on 08/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Actual natural makeup for wedding

Right after my wedding, I knew I was going to give a positive 5 star review for Sarah because of how much I loved my hair & makeup, but after working with a different artist for another wedding as a bridesmaid, I wish I could give Sarah more than 5 stars.

Sarah is not only talented, she actually took the time before and after my trial to understand what I liked and what I didn't like. She gave me tips on how to get my skin glowing, took the time to put a sheet mask on me, and would also wet and blow-dry my hair before styling, which other artists don't take the time to do. I didn't love the makeup we did for trial, but with the skincare tips that Sarah suggested during trial and the adjustments on the day of the wedding, I really loved how it turned out -- I looked like myself, just a little more glam. As someone who barely wears makeup on a day to day basis, Sarah actually knew how to do a natural, "no makeup makeup" look.

Working with Sarah was truly like doing hair and makeup with your girlfriend. She's easy to work with and was so professional. I had a hiccup with my venue delaying access to the suite in the morning, which delayed my schedule; however, Sarah and Coleen still showed up early, worked quickly, and helped me and my mom get back on my tight timeline.
    I highly recommend Sarah!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

New York, NY, 10003
Location of (Brides by SB)

Other vendors in New York City for your wedding