Brides by SB

New York, NY View map

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Hair
Makeup

What hair services do you offer?

Extensions
Haircuts
Updos / Styling

What makeup services do you offer?

Fake Lashes

• Samantha
    Samantha Married on 04/29/2022

The most stress free process

I found Sarah after my initial hair and make up person fell through, and even though her packages were more than what I had budgeted for on H&MU, it was worth locking her in for our wedding. Sarah is so easy to work with, and she communicated very well along the way (which I was so grateful for and impressed by considering she's got 2 little ones). I really appreciated the questionnaires she sent along the way to get the conversation going about looks and styles, and the attention she paid to each person's skin type and skincare routine. From our first phone call together I felt at ease with her immediately and knew that I could trust her. Half of my bridal party were Asians, so it was important to us to find someone who understood how to work with those features (you'd be surprised, I've gotten professional hair and make up done by Asian artists that I did not like!)
    During our trial and even on the morning of, Sarah took time chatting with each person about the process and the styles we were looking for, I think this put everyone at ease and helped those who were indecisive make a decision about what they wanted. Most of my bridesmaids do not wear make up on the regular, so they were so pleased when they got glammed up but still looked and felt like themselves. I have to admit even for myself that at the end of the night, I was a little bummed to take everything off because of how much I liked the look. One of my bridesmaid had short hair but wanted an updo to keep her hair out of her face, and Sarah and her assistant Colleen worked magic to achieve just that.
    The moms also had their hair and make up done, and overall we were just so pleased and grateful to Sarah for being willing to travel up to us in the Hudson Valley to complete our wedding looks.
    Kathy Z. Married on 08/07/2021

Actual natural makeup for wedding

Right after my wedding, I knew I was going to give a positive 5 star review for Sarah because of how much I loved my hair & makeup, but after working with a different artist for another wedding as a bridesmaid, I wish I could give Sarah more than 5 stars.

Sarah is not only talented, she actually took the time before and after my trial to understand what I liked and what I didn't like. She gave me tips on how to get my skin glowing, took the time to put a sheet mask on me, and would also wet and blow-dry my hair before styling, which other artists don't take the time to do. I didn't love the makeup we did for trial, but with the skincare tips that Sarah suggested during trial and the adjustments on the day of the wedding, I really loved how it turned out -- I looked like myself, just a little more glam. As someone who barely wears makeup on a day to day basis, Sarah actually knew how to do a natural, "no makeup makeup" look.

Working with Sarah was truly like doing hair and makeup with your girlfriend. She's easy to work with and was so professional. I had a hiccup with my venue delaying access to the suite in the morning, which delayed my schedule; however, Sarah and Coleen still showed up early, worked quickly, and helped me and my mom get back on my tight timeline.
    I highly recommend Sarah!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 06/05/2021

Shimmer Glow Natural Elevated Perfection

After two trials with different artists that I didn't feel quite captured the look I was seeking, I found Brides by SB and knew that my third time would be the charm. And boy did Sarah deliver! She brought my vision to life for the trial and exceeded what I could have hoped for for the Wedding through the minor adjustments we discussed post-trial.

Before the trial, Sarah has you fill out a survey where you describe yourself and what you desire for the wedding through various prompts. During the trial, she asks you questions on preference for every step - and I really appreciated this. She takes the time to get to know exactly what you want so that she can make it happen with her expertise. We achieved a natural shimmery make-up base paired with a textured bun, with a braid worked in from one side, and a few curls let loose to frame the face.

I'm so very grateful to have been the happiest bride knowing that I looked as great as I felt on my wedding day, and I received so many compliments on how stunning I looked, which would not have been possible without Sarah.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

New York, NY, 10003
Location of (Brides by SB)

Other vendors in New York City for your wedding