Boulder, CO 80304 Map · Phone number

About breathe. event planning

Starting with afternoon tea parties as a little girl, I guess you could say I’ve always been a party planner! For the past ten years, however, I’ve been doing it professionally. Plain and simple - I understand what goes into planning the "perfect" event. A wedding includes countless pieces that come together to create a total sensory experience. My role is to help you step back, take a deep breath and enjoy it!

breathe. event planning has been a dream of mine for many years. Since graduating Virginia Tech, I’ve planned over 500 events ranging from 2,000-person galas, to week-long conferences, to destination weddings. I received my certified meeting professional (CMP) designation in early 2005, awarded for years of experience, knowledge and involvement in the industry.

After four incredible years and 50 amazing weddings in the Washington, DC area, breathe. event planning has moved to Boulder, Colorado! With great excitement and anticipation, I am thrilled to work with new Colorado brides and grooms to create many more memorable events!

Take a peek at my blog for some current photos of some of these fantastic events!

Or check out what it’s like to be a breathe. bride by viewing the amazing video below created by Barnaby Draper Studios (www.barnabydraperstudios.com)!

Follow breathe. event planning on

breathe
Photos by Hyon Smith Photography
Photos by Hyon Smith Photography
breathe

15 Reviews for breathe. event planning

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2008

Hands down, Lauren was the best vendor we worked with for our wedding. Her incredible attention to detail, time line and organization all wrapped up in a warm and friendly person made our wedding day stress free! We worked with her for day of coordination which really means "month of" to Lauren. She helped with last minute vendor recommendations, dealing with all of the vendor coordination and creating an amazingly detailed time line for the bridal party. Lauren really did make me feel like I didn't have to worry about ANYTHING that day besides showing up. She did all of the confirmations, all of the payments, and made sure everything and everyone was exactly where and when they needed to be. Worth every penny!!!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2008

Lori · Married on 09/13/2008

Having a wedding at our home provided some unique challenges so we knew right away that we would need an event planner if we were to relax and enjoy any part of the process. We interviewed several people and knew within the first 10 minutes that Lauren was our choice. Her experience, gentle nature and enviable organizational skills confirmed to us that we were in excellent hands. From the day she becomes part of your team, you are gently guided into each phase of planning. Once you set the vision for how you would like your day to be, she will give you tried and true vender choices and help to keep you on schedule so that when you make a decision on a vender, they will still be available to you! Our event called for about 13 different venders. We came into the process with two names that we would like to use. Lauren provided the rest of the team, often giving us more than one choice to interview before we signed a contract. Once our team was booked, she kept track of each vender's forms and payment schedule. She was also the initial point of contact for them so instead for receiving emails and phone calls from 13 different
    companies, Lauren would be our liasan to communicate our wishes and desires. She was also an excellent resource for ideas to make your day unique and special by suggesting little touches that our guests noticed right away. On wedding day, we were able to focus on our daughter, our family and our guests. We had as much fun as they did because all the little glitches were handled before we were even aware of them. Lauren kept the event on schedule and never have I seen a professional work as hard as she did to make our day an amazing memory.

Sent on 09/18/2008
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 08/24/2008

My wedding day was perfect and I think that is due in large to Lauren. I contacted her about 3 weeks before my wedding to do day of coordination. She met with me the next day and proceeded to create a comprehensive timeline that had everything, and I do mean everything in it. It gave me such a sense of peace to see that everything was done and ready. She contacted all my vendors and confirmed them for me, once again giving me peace of mind. She even finished off the last couple of items on my to do list so I could enjoy my rehearsal! When the big day came, I was completely calm because I knew Lauren would take care of anything that popped. She even went as far as to take the extra flowers I had and use them to add some additional decoration to the reception. I couldn't have asked for more in a day of coordinator.

Sent on 09/23/2008

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• flutterphoto
    flutterphoto Wedding Photographers

Lauren at Breathe is always a breath of fresh air...no pun intended. When we see her at an event, we know that everything will go smoothly and look amazing on top of that. We know that she really listens to what her brides want and goes the extra mile to make it happen. We look forward to working with her on many events to come.

• Gabriella New York Bridal Salon
    Gabriella New York Bridal Salon Wedding Dresses

Wonderful!

• Jay Premack Photography Wedding Photographers

Lauren is prepared for everything. She and her staff make sure to stay in touch before, during and after the wedding. Aside from being extremely organized, she is an absolute pleasure to work. I would highly recommend her to discerning brides who don't want the headache of dealing with all of the little things leading up and on the day of the wedding.