367 Salem St #203, Glendale, CA 91203 Map · Phone number

About Ben Newton Photography

I’ve been shooting weddings professionally as my full time job since the spring of 2005.

Originally from Southern California, I traveled to Chicago in the late 90’s to pursue and Acting degree at DePaul University. After school, I acted in the downtown and off loop theatre of Chicago and did a little print work as well.

I started working with local professionals as a second camera and general lighting assistant. I was fortunate enough to work with a lot of people.

I have always been a big believer in continual education and still attend regular seminars, classes and courses not only so I can offer the most advanced and recent options to my clients but also so I can stay engaged and keep myself interested and inspired. It’s not hard, it just takes time and persistence.

In addition to weddings and portraits I have worked for magazines including Chicago Bridal, MD News, the Reader, Chicago Style Weddings and have had work published in the Chicago Sun Times, Chicago Tribune and The New York Times.

Recently I received a Loan Collection award from the PPA and had my work used in a documentary at the Annenberg Foundation.

Working for myself with my team of shooters, editors, designers and re-touchers has been a dream.

If I had to pick one idea or word that sums up my feeling about the secret to good wedding capture it’s collaboration.

Besides being a good technician and handy with the camera I have had the pleasure of photographing enough weddings to understand more than just my part of the day and where and how it all fits together.

Rapport is of course the key to all collaboration.

I look forward to the challenges and rewards that each wedding brings. As similar as the components are to all weddings each one is different enough to keep my job interesting, which is what you want.

It goes without saying that I’m here to serve you to the best of my ability but beyond that, a good match between photographer and couple can create a powerful potion where creativity can be constant, consistent and all encompassing. If I’m inspired, so will your images be. Making that happen, bringing the fire is my job. Letting yourself get carried away with it so you can open yourself up to the possibilities, is yours.

I am lucky that when I’m on the job, it’s because we’ve chosen to work together. I love my job. It’s easy to see why.

I can’t wait to hear about your vision and can’t wait to make it mine. Call me for a consultation. Thanks!

• Josh Reiss Photography
BNPPort2011169
BNPPort2011002

7 Reviews for Ben Newton Photography

Michele · Married on 04/27/2013

If I could rate this photographer a 10 I would. Ben just photographed my daughter's wedding 10 days ago. I just finished going through hundreds of photos and I couldn't be more thrilled. He captured EVERY moment. His photography is more than I hoped for. He was sweet, helpful, and so much fun. Every bride deserves the experience we had with Ben on their wedding day! His photographs are my newest prized possesion.
    Thanks, Ben.

Sent on 05/07/2013
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 04/27/2013

Ben photographed our wedding in April & he was WONDERFUL! He's based in CA, but he used to work with my mom in Chicago so we all became friends. I think my mom waited about a day after I got engaged before asking Ben if he'd be willing to come back to Chicago to photograph our wedding :)

First of all, Ben is a fantastic person. He is so honest and down to earth. I always feel like he's being himself with me, & that really went a long way to put me at ease on what COULD have been a super stressful day! Communication was always easy and fun. It was a great relief to have him there to ask me the questions I wouldn't have thought of on my own. It was reassuring to have such trust in a vendor.

On the day of the wedding Ben astounded all of us with his energy, his humor, his respectfulness, and his talent. He kept our energy and spirits up, made us laugh, and managed to take a zillion photos without ever seeming intrusive. I was amazed at how fast he was to catch a moment (and create a few!) & he won over my husband, Jay, immediately with his humor and candor. Throughout the night Jay said multiple times how impressed he was with Ben, how much he loved him, & how Ben fit into our group of friends seamlessly. And that is from someone who HATES posing and being photographed! I'm not always comfortable in front of a camera either & I really appreciated both Ben's ability to make me feel comfortable & his patience with me when I had no idea what my face or body was doing. ;)

Secondly, his work is GORGEOUS. We started looking at our images online & grew giddy because there are SO MANY GREAT PHOTOS. I have NO idea how one narrows it down to make an album... Ben caught moments I didn't know were happening! He caught smiles I didn't know I had in me! So much laughing, so much color, so much movement! From the small details to the big emotions- I have everything I ever wanted.

I can't recommend him highly enough. He's a great person & a gifted artist. Thank you Ben!

Sent on 05/12/2013

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2012

We had such a great time with Ben at our engagement shoot! He made us feel so comfortable and at ease in front of the camera. The photos that he captured were amazing! We used the images for our save the date card, and people can’t stop commenting on how great the photos are. Definitely recommending Ben Newton to all my friends and family for photography!

Sent on 04/18/2012

Ben Newton Photography's reply:

Jessica it was such a pleasure to work with you of course and I wish that I wasn't booked for your wedding. You would have been a dream to photograph.

Thanks again!

Ben Newton Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums