Private Estate Organic Farm, Davis, CA 95616 Map · Phone number

About Bear Flag Farm

A private, boutique organic farm surrounded by fields of lavender, vineyards and orchards.

Follow Bear Flag Farm on

r1 005

27 Reviews for Bear Flag Farm

Jennifer P · Married on 06/09/2019

Perfect in every way

When we first started looking for a wedding venue, we focused our search on the Napa/Sonoma area, primarily because we were interested in an outdoor ceremony and reception; a gorgeous setting; and a quintessential Northern California atmosphere. We looked at over 10 venues, and nothing felt quite right until we visited Bear Flag Farm.

Not only is it a perfectly manicured property, but it also feels incredibly special, unique and above and beyond the standard vineyard wedding venue that has become so popular for Northern California destination weddings. We visited in February, but even at that time of year, you can tell how lush, green and fragrant the property is during the spring and summer months.

Furthermore, we really appreciated that the property is so private. One of our concerns with some of the other venues we visited was that non-guests could wander by the ceremony or reception. At Bear Flag, you and your guests are the only ones on the property, so you have a private experience, and the property is just for you and your guests to enjoy!

One of the things we loved most about Bear Flag Farm was the fact that we could create four distinct experiences for our guests: welcome drinks in the almond grove, ceremony in the lavender field, cocktail hour in the citrus garden and dinner and dancing in the sunken garden. Each setting was different than the last but equally beautiful and romantic. Our guests were awe-struck throughout the ceremony and reception by the property. From the little bunnies hopping around the orchards to the apricot trees loaded with sweet summer fruits, our guests felt transported to a Tuscan villa or French garden. Because the natural setting is so stunning, you frankly don’t need to do much in the way of decor if you don’t want to; the property is essentially ready to go!

We were especially focused on having great food, and Bear Flag Farm is the ideal setting for a rustic yet elegant farm to table dining experience. Tina was gracious enough to work with us to create our favors: little bottles of Bear Flag Farm olive oil! It was the perfect detail to round out the wedding.

Tina was a true pleasure to work with throughout our experience. We had a separate wedding planner, but Tina was the ultimate host and partner throughout the planning process. She went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect in every way. Tina is prompt, flexible and extremely responsive, which is a gift during the planning process, especially when you sweat the details like we did. Because there are only a handful of weddings and events hosted at Bear Flag Farm each year, Tina gives you her full attention and support.

We can’t recommend Bear Flag Farm enough. It will not disappoint!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to find Bear Flag Farm (BFF) through a friend who attended a wedding there. Once I described the type of wedding I was hoping to have (outdoor, rustic, charming, magical and intimate) she told me I had to visit BFF. We looked at the site in January when it was quite barren and needed some imagination, but it wasn't the gorgeous wedding albums in the office that made us fall in love with the venue, it was the owner, Tina Reikes.

Tina is the type of person that you meet and you know she executes everything she touches with excellence. She was a big part of why we knew our wedding day would be flawless because she would be in charge of making it all happen. The venue is also amazingly all-inclusive. She is contracted with the best caterer and florist a bride can ask for. If you are the type of bride and groom that aren't interested in vetting multiple vendors this a great way to go.

We had 135 guests, over half of them came in from Ohio and BFF took their breath away. It was the ultimate California wedding with the ceremony under a gorgeous tent and a reception underneath the stars. None of the guests had ever experienced what most described as "magical". The design aspects were lead by Tina while I simply told her my absolute wants and definite no's. Her and her team looked at a Pinterest board I created to get a feel for who I was along with a couple in person meetings and they executed my dream wedding, within our budget and without any drama. She also coordinated a couple of surprises with my husband that I had no idea about.

I wish I could post pictures of all the stunning details. If you are considering a wedding in Northern California, do not miss out on the opportunity to visit Bear Flag Farm. It is an option you will want to have, if not the venue you end up choosing!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Hayley · Married on 09/20/2014

During our search for a wedding venue, I kept coming across Bear Flag Farm. This venue embodied everything I had dreamed of for my wedding day. My husband and I are from San Diego and most of our guest were from Southern California. We wanted somewhat of a destination wedding at an outdoor, winery, farm, rustic, intimate venue. Bear Flag Farm was EXACTLY what we wanted. We visited the farm on a stormy day in February... and even in the rain, Bear Flag Farm took my breath away.

If I wasn't already in love with Bear Flag Farm (which I was), what really sealed the deal for us was the owner and event coordinator, Tina Reikes. She makes perfection look easy. From the day we made the decision to have our wedding at BFF, Tina was in constant contact with us. She listened to all of our wishes and turned them into reality. Tina manages the number of weddings they do in a year so she can dedicate her time and give you the attention needed for your big day. Tina only works with the "best of the best" when it comes to vendors, and her taste is impeccable. From the beginning she was on top of everything, making sure the things that have potential to book quickly (band, hair and makeup, transportation) were reserved for our date. She even helped us out with booking our rehearsal dinner! This was such a huge help for me, being from out of town. I knew we were in good hands, so I left a lot of the design and layout ideas up to Tina and her team. When I showed up to BFF on the day of the wedding, I was absolutely blown away. All of my hopes and dreams for that day had been exceeded... everything was perfect. Thanks to Tina and her team, I was able to fully enjoy my wedding and not have to attend to any of the little things.

Words will never be able to fully describe how magical our wedding day at Bear Flag Farm was. Infinite thank you's to Tina Reikes for creating our special day. Tina and Bear Flag Farm will forever hold a special place in our hearts.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Bear Flag Farm FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 16,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 16,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 16,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 16,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting, Server(s), Wedding Cake
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 4
  • Describe your venue: Garden, Winery
  • What kind of settings are available? Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Preferred Vendors Only, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations
  • What event items are available? Tables, Tents
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, November, December

• Private Estate Organic Farm Davis, CA, 95616 See on map