Serene Ranch

Placerville, CA View map Visit website
1 review
Up to 300 guests

Up to 300 guests

Serene Ranch is the newest El Dorado County wedding venue. Located in the beautiful Gold Hill Region just outside 13 miles north of Historic Placerville, California, and just minutes from Marshall Gold Discovery Park and the South Fork of the American River. This property, once a working Olive Oil Estate has been recreated to host weddings and events.

This Ranch Wedding Venue offers more than just a wonderful newly built rustic barn. A Serene Ranch Wedding provides you with the entire weekend where your family and friends can stay, beating the rush of a one-day affair, taking in what this region has to offer, all while being supported by a professional event team.

Be one of our first couples to say your nuptials under the aging oak. Visit your family and friends at our impressive silo bar! Or sit poolside at the Serene Ranch Home. Whatever your hopes for your special day, we hope to provide.

Currently booking for Spring 2023, Fall 2023 & Spring 2024. Do not miss this opportunity on introductory pricing and packages. Development is happening quickly!

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$7,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$6,500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$6,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$5,000

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Event Planning
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$20

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Barn
Farm/Ranch
Historic Building
Inn/B&B
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
All Inclusive Packages
Event Planner
Outside Vendors
Preferred Vendors Only
Set Up

What event items are available?

Chairs
Lighting
Tables

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

February
April
May
June
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

1.0

• Morgan
    Morgan C. Getting married on 05/20/2023
      1.0 out of 5 rating

Poor business practices, and an overall mess

This is a long review, but if you plan on booking here I HIGHLY suggest seeing this review through.
    So about 6 months prior to even getting involved with this venue, I found a house on Air B n B that I planned on booking for my wedding weekend, which was possibly going to be the Bayley Barn at the time. It just so happens that it’s the house on this property. I reached out to the owner of the house, Clara, who told me she would block the days for me and that the house was all mine for the weekend of May 20, 2023. So fast forward to August 2022, I reached out to Clara to finalizing booking.. No response. I reached out twice, with ZERO response.
    So, I started to tour wedding venues and figured maybe she’s busy and would need a few days to get back to me. I was touring Saureel Vineyard down the road, when I met Jordan, the wedding planner there. At the end of the tour, she told me that there was a NEW venue down the road that just opened up called Serene Ranch that she was also going to be doing wedding coordinating for. Her and a few others (Clara and Todd) were ‘actively booking’ for the spring and fall of 2023. So we went and toured that place and fell in love. Low and behold, the house I tried to previous book with Clara is actually part of the venue.
    So we were told that May 20, 2023 was open and all ours! I was told contracts would be sent over as soon as they were available. Well, almost 1.5 months go by and I hear nothing from anyone. I finally reached out to Jordan about sending over contracts so I can sign. She responds with, “I don’t think this day for your wedding is going to work, I’m sorry.’” After a long phone call, I was told that the house owner (Clara) took it upon herself to book a different bride to use the house that weekend. This bride wasn’t using the Serene Ranch wedding venue, she was actually booked at Black Oak for a wedding. She was just using Clara’s house to get ready. I told Jordan that Clara promised me the weekend back in March and I told her to ask Clara what happened with that plan. I was also confused because I was told the house was for weddings at Serene Ranch.
    Jordan told me that Clara “made a mistake”. Which I find hard to believe because Clara didn’t even have the decency to respond to me when it came time to booking, which makes me think she was well aware of what she did but was just trying to ignore it. I had several conversations with Clara months ago about this weekend….
    So clearly I have a few concerns about this. First, why is the owner of the house doing her own thing, when this is supposed to be part of the wedding venue. Why is she advertising the house on Air B n B/VRBO for the public to book, especially during peak wedding season. This seems like there is ALOT of room for error, especially since communication between everyone is non existent. They have someone involved in this “business”, off doing their own thing.
    Secondly, why did it take me reaching out 1.5 months later to find out that this venue “isn’t going to work”. Do you know how difficult it is to find a wedding venue, let alone 6 months from your wedding?
    Jordan and Clara were supposedly going back and forth with each to “find a solution”. No one ever reached out to us, it was ALWAYS us reaching out to THEM or crickets. The solution SHOULD be easy. If they cared about their business they would have told the other people who booked there, “I’m so sorry we double booked you. I already promised another bride this weekend and she’s having her wedding on this venue site”. Instead, I was jerked around for WEEKS being told “we are working on it”. I finally told them we are moving on to somewhere else at which point they told me that their solution was “you can use the venue while the other bride isn’t there”.
    There are far too many chiefs at the table on this property. Everyone is doing their own thing, and it’s costing brides heartache and undue stress. They really shouldn’t even be advertising that they are booking because clearly they aren’t ready to do that. They don’t even have contracts for this place yet. No one is on the same page here, it’s embarrassing. The owner of the house is doing her own thing, and the owner of the property is doing another. It’s complete chaos and communication is non existent. Basic good business practices, are non-existent. If you choose to do your wedding here, I would HIGHLY suggest having a backup plan or simply going somewhere else. This place is a mess, and the people running it can’t be trusted. Your wedding planning should not be this stressful. Find a place with good business practices because, I promise you, it’s not here.
illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Team

Jordan  Brushia
Jordan Brushia
Wedding Coordinator

25 years in this wonderful industry with 17 years contracting with the best new venues in the Sacramento Region. Jordan, Owner of J. Marie Custom Events has an outstanding repution at providing clients and venues alike what it takes to build a beautiful event.

Happy to be working with Serene Ranch to bring you the best possible expeirence from start to finish!

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
5601 Gold Hill Road Placerville, CA, 95667
Location of (Serene Ranch)

Serene Ranch frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Serene Ranch?

Serene Ranch includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Chairs
  • Event Planning
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

What are the most important characteristics of Serene Ranch in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Serene Ranch for wedding events is known for:
  • Barn
  • Farm/Ranch
  • Historic Building
  • Inn/B&B
  • Waterfront

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Serene Ranch for wedding events?

Serene Ranch offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does Serene Ranch offer?

Serene Ranch offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does Serene Ranch offer for wedding events?

Serene Ranch offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Accommodations
  • All Inclusive Packages
  • Event Planner
  • Liability Insurance
  • Outside Vendors
  • Preferred Vendors Only
  • Set Up

What furniture and decorations does Serene Ranch have available for wedding events?

Serene Ranch offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Chairs
  • Lighting
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend Serene Ranch and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Serene Ranch is recommended by 0% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 1.0 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 1 in quality of service, 1 in average response time, 1 in flexibility, 1 in professionalism and 1 in value.

Other vendors in Sacramento for your wedding

Wedding Venues