Atlantis Banquets & Events

$15k - $20k For 100 Guests
Up to 320 guests

$15k - $20k For 100 Guests
Up to 320 guests

Atlantis Banquets & Events is a unique wedding venue located on Long Island in Riverhead, New York. Nestled on the banks of the Peconic River, this iconic waterfront wedding venue is a one-of-a-kind setting in the heart of Long Island. The dedicated event and culinary specialists at Atlantis Banquets & Events will assist you in creating a once-in-a-lifetime wedding celebration that you and your loved ones will cherish forever.

Facilities and Capacity
Your guests will be mesmerized by the 120,000-gallon Lost City of Atlantis Shark Exhibit, the penguin and sea lion exhibits and beautiful fish tanks located throughout the Long Island Aquarium. Couples who prefer a romantic, classic venue can dance the night away in the Sea Star Ballroom with panoramic views of the marina and tranquil Peconic River.

Atlantis Banquets & Events can accommodate up to 320 wedding guests in the classic, waterfront Sea Star Ballroom and 275 guests in the fun, interactive Coliseum Room of the Long Island Aquarium. These venues feature several options for couples to exchange their vows and celebrate their nuptials both indoors and outdoors.

Atlantis Banquets & Events is a full-service catering venue that is available for wedding ceremonies, receptions and other celebrations including bridal showers, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners and post-wedding brunches. This resort also offers two hotels for overnight accommodations for out of town guests. Their event staff will be with you every step of the way during your wedding planning and wedding day. The venue offers complimentary valet parking for all wedding packages.

Cuisine
Couples who host their cocktail hour and wedding reception at Atlantis Banquets & Events can choose from a myriad of reception packages that fit their taste and budget including buffet and plated dinner options.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$1,400

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$1,400

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)
Wedding Cake

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$30

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Open Bar
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Museum
Resort
Restaurant
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Dessert
Hors d'oeuvres
Plated
Server(s)
Stations

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Aisle Runners
Drapery
Furniture
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

• Sarah
    Sarah G. Married on 04/09/2022
    5 out of 5 rating

Exceptional Venue for an Unforgettable Experience

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this venue. Everything, from the staff to the food, exceeded my expectations.

My husband and I worked with Joan and Bryan in the months leading up to the big day, and they were wonderful. Their professionalism and amiability put me at ease, and I can honestly say — as the bride — I was never all that stressed during the planning process.

I'd also like to give a shout-out to all the staff members who worked our wedding the night-of. My bridal assistant was fantastic, always checking in and asking if my husband or I needed anything. She even got us some extra entrees to take back to the hotel room. Also, towards the end of the night, I noticed my pearl bracelet (an old family heirloom) had broken. My bridesmaids worked with some staff to search the floor, and we ended up finding 5/6 of the missing pearls!

The care and conscientiousness of each and every staff member did not go unnoticed, and I definitely recommend Atlantis to anyone getting married on Long Island.

Many guests came up to my husband and I to compliment Atlantis as well — in terms of the pure uniqueness of the venue, how delicious the food was, and how great the staff members were.

Thanks to this venue and its very caring staff, my husband and I had a truly wonderful and unforgettable wedding.

Atlantis Banquets & Events's reply:

Thank you, Sarah, for the wonderful review! We will pass along your exceptional comments to our staff who go above and beyond to make our events memorable experiences.
    We wish you both a happy and healthy marriage!
    Joan
  • Brittany
    Brittany S. Married on 10/24/2020
    5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A complete and total fairytale!!!

I had my fairytale dream wedding here. I was a Covid bride who had to postpone and it was 10000% worth the wait. It was so magical and so much better than I could have ever imagined. I could not be happier with my experience as an Aquarium bride. My guests will be raving for years to come. Craig was so friendly from the start and we felt he genuinely had our best interest at heart. Dan the owner was absolutely incredible. Him and my dad became besties at the Seaside grill the night before my wedding. Bryan our details coordinator was great. My bridal attendant was an absolute gem and so helpful through the whole day. My captain was great too. Even the servers said congratulations and kind words to me. Staff was on point! Suzanne at the Hyatt was very accommodating and helpful. Having a room block connected was so great as I had a ton of out of town guests coming from Rhode Island. The hotel indoor pool, outdoor pool, a gym, breakfast til 11!!!! I had breakfast with my guests both mornings which was so fun and it was so nice not to have to plan a brunch for out of towners. The staff was sweet and helpful. They even asked how everything went the next day. Where do I even begin? My guests were greeted with strawberries and champagne, led out to the pavilion for a beautiful sunset ceremony, then our cocktail hour was an awesome indoor outdoor near the koi pond. The food was incredible and I highly recommend adding the seafood boat. We did photos before the ceremony which was great so we could enjoy the cocktail hour. They even made sure we got a little plate with h’orderves which was thoughtful. We also had champagne and wine in the bridal suite. Walking through the Aquarium just before closing I felt like a literal Disney princess with all their patrons young and old stopping to say how beautiful I looked. They made everything so easy to plan and I kept thinking I was forgetting something because it was such a stress free experience. I got to take photos with the Penguin and the Sea Lion as an add on. Soooo magical. We did the buffet and it was amazing!!!! The food was so good. We had a band, Dj, and a photo booth. They put out our centerpieces and votives and the shark room looked stunning. Our tables were next to the exhibits which was so cool! We added on the ice cream bar which I highly suggest. My guests loved it! We had so much fun. Truly a perfect evening. We ended up at the Seaside bar at the hotel after the reception for an after party. There was another bar inside too. The staff was so great! If I could do it all again I would in a heartbeat. The bakery they used for the cake was rolling pin. They order it for you which makes it so easy. It looked pretty and was actually delicious! We did cannoli cream. I will also say that being a bride during Covid was stressful but they made rescheduling so seamless and easy. No wild fees or anything. They really care about their brides. You could have your wedding at a regular venue our you could have your wedding at a venue that’s truly unforgettable. Look no further!!!! Have your wedding here, you will not regret it!!!
  • illustration stars

Team

Joan LaRosa
Joan LaRosa
Catering Sales Manager

With a B.S. degree in hospitality, Joan has been in the sales and catering industry for many years, assisting couples in planning a wedding day that is perfectly unique for them.

"it is important to listen to what the prospective couple is looking for on their wedding day, whether it means incorporating special food or beverages to the menu, specific ceremonial dances or simply trying to fit everything they want into their budget."

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
431 East Main Street Riverhead, NY, 11901
Location of (Atlantis Banquets & Events)

Atlantis Banquets & Events frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Atlantis Banquets & Events?

Atlantis Banquets & Events includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At Atlantis Banquets & Events, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

Atlantis Banquets & Events includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Server(s)
  • Wedding Cake

At Atlantis Banquets & Events, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at Atlantis Banquets & Events includes:
  • Open Bar
  • Signature Drink
  • Specialty Beer
  • Specialty Wine

What are the most important characteristics of Atlantis Banquets & Events in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Atlantis Banquets & Events for wedding events is known for:
  • Ballroom
  • Museum
  • Resort
  • Restaurant
  • Waterfront

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Atlantis Banquets & Events for wedding events?

Atlantis Banquets & Events offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does Atlantis Banquets & Events offer?

Atlantis Banquets & Events offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does Atlantis Banquets & Events offer for wedding events?

Atlantis Banquets & Events offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does Atlantis Banquets & Events have available for wedding events?

Atlantis Banquets & Events offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Aisle Runners
  • Drapery
  • Furniture
  • Lighting
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend Atlantis Banquets & Events and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Atlantis Banquets & Events is recommended by 89% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.5 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.5 in quality of service, 4.5 in flexibility, 4.5 in professionalism, 4.5 in value and 4.4 in average response time.

Other vendors in Long Island for your wedding