Apaige Photography

Grand Rapids, MI View map
$3,500 Most Popular Price

$3,500 Most Popular Price

My name is Ashley Young, although I like being called Paige (middle name).
I consider myself an artist, more so than a ‘wedding photographer,’ because I like to create and really make connections with people.
My photography style is one that reflects the personalities of who I am photographing. I don’t necessarily like ‘making up’ a day, as I do storytelling about that day.

My photography is a variety of posed imagery, lifestyle imagery (unposed), fine art based images, and quirky moments that hopefully my clients remember more than any of the above styles I offer.

My workflow is one that is not heavily edited, although sometimes I like to play around with more fine art based photography. This means that I will not alter your body when I edit your images. I love how you look, and I think you should too. I do edit out the occasional zit when I find it necessary, but I won’t alter a body to reflect a body that does not exist. I think our world needs to slow down and find acceptance in people, and altering body types is a way to go against that mindset, as well as make the unattainable body ‘ideal’ even more unattainable… and to be honest I want my clients to look at their images knowing they are beautiful in every way, and they exist.

I have been photographing since I was 16.
I interned with a studio photographer for 2 years from 16-18.
Went to Lake Michigan Community College from 18-20 – where I studied Film photography, and received my associates in Art.
I studied at Grand Valley State University from 20-23, and graduated with a Bachelors degree in both Advertising and Photography, and received an Associates in Business.
I took two years off school and photographed on the side, while working at a full time real-estate office, where I photographed and managed social media, website and other online ‘things.’
But I got bored.
So in Fall of 2015 I went back to school at Kendall College Art and Design and started my Double Masters, one being in Fine Art Photography (MFA), and the other being in Visual and Critical Studies (MA). I graduated in May of 2018 with both degrees and now do full time photography as well as I teach at Grand Valley State University, Michigan State, and Kendall College of Art and Design.

• Woman-owned

Ashly J. Married on 08/28/2021

So Much Fun to Work With!

We're so thankful Paige was available for our wedding date. Our wedding was seriously better due to Paige's presence. She's wonderful to work with, takes amazing photos and is an all around very nice person. We had a small, morning wedding and all of our guests were commenting on how great she is. She even did a photo shoot with my husband and his vegetable garden. It was hilarious to watch and the photos turned out so well! We've already seen a sneak peak of our photos and they're turned out amazingly. I would definitely work with Paige again should we be in need of a photographer. I highly recommend her services - you will not regret it!

Apaige Photography's reply:

ASHLY thank you SO much for this, it means far more than you know!! I can't wait to show you your whole day and let you relive these memories forever.
  • Casey
    Casey D. Married on 08/27/2021

Simply the best!

I cannot imagine anybody but Paige capturing our engagement and wedding photos. From the first contact all the way until the end Paige was nothing but professional, helpful, fun, and calming. During the first few moments of our engagement photos we knew we picked the right person - she made us forget we were being photographed and put us at ease to have fun on silly moments and helped create intimate romantic moments that made me love my husband more. on the wedding day my bridal party and guests commented out amazing she and her second shooter Kaitlin were. I cannot recommend this woman enough for any special life moments. Paige- you, my dear, are a gem. We cannot wait to get our final photos! Thank you for help making this the best day of our lives :)

Apaige Photography's reply:

Thank you so so much Casey. You are a dream of a human and your day was one of my favorites ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Alana Married on 08/06/2021

Simply the best!

Our experience with Paige was absolutely wonderful. In addition to her artistry, Paige brings a sense of calm to what can be a very fast-paced day. Everyone in our wedding party was so comfortable working with Paige and we have received so many compliments about not only her photos, but her general presence on our wedding day. We are so fortunate to have had the opportunity to share our day with her and will cherish the images that she captured for us forever.

Apaige Photography's reply:

so honored to be there to capture these special moments for you! Thank you for having me, trusting me, and making me feel at home while working

Real Weddings

• Dustin & Amanda
    22 photos · 09/19/2015

Grand Rapids, MI, 49546

apaigephotography@gmail.com
Location of (Apaige Photography)

Other vendors in Grand Rapids for your wedding