Set in FDR Park, the ASHM is a one of a kind indoor / outdoor event venue with ample parking & easy access by highway or pub trans.
DISTINCT GALLERIES in a building rich with history
SET IN FDR PARK between Meadow Lake & city skyline
HAND CRAFTED CULINARY CREATIONS by JAM Catering
ALL INDOOR & OUTDOOR PUBLIC SPACES INCLUDED IN RENTAL
- seasonal tent accommodates dinner & dancing for 230
- majestic Great Hall is ideal for indoor ceremonies, cocktailing & dancing
- guests are free explore galleries throughout the event
- lush outdoor grounds with multiple ceremony spaces
- Josef Frank themed Assembly Room seats up to 170
CLOSE TO HIGHWAYS, CENTER CITY & THE AIRPORT
FREE & PLENTIFUL PARKING
- ramp accessible entrance, elevator & designated parking spaces
Other couples have also viewed:
Recommended by 98% of couples
9 User photos
Molly Pak · Getting married on 06/05/2020
Amazing Staff! Super Flexible and Accommodating!!
The staff at the American Swedish Historical Museum went above and beyond for our May 2019 wedding! So accommodating with start times, special requests for vendor deliveries and drop offs not to mention such pleasant staff! Frank was amazing with our requests and so easy to work with! The venue is so beautiful and well maintained! Our guests cannot stop talking about it! Thank you American Swedish Historical Museum for making our day breathtaking and effortless!Sent on 06/03/2019
Molly and Dan
Carly · Married on 09/29/2018
Our wedding at American Swedish Historical Museum is coming up later this year and we met with Mandy, the venue coordinator recently to go over the menu. We really enjoyed sitting down with her and going over the countless options and combinations that Jeffrey A. Miller Catering has to offer. Mandy and the JAM team allow for a complete customization of the menu allowing it to reflect our own personalities. We are looking forward to our next planning meeting with the venue!Sent on 04/04/2018
Brian · Married on 09/08/2018
I am so glad we picked this venue for our wedding. A few thoughts:Sent on 09/23/2018
• There is also an option to do a ceremony on the lawn, but we chose to do it instead in the main room inside. It was beautiful, visually interesting, and unique while not being overly formal. It was almost a town hall vibe, with some guests seated and looking slightly upwards, and others standing on the second floor gallery and looking slightly downwards. It’s not for everyone, but I loved it.
• The venue photographs really well, with a lot of dramatic backdrops, particularly the gazebo area in FDR Park as well as the lighted tent that they set up on the front lawn for our reception. All beautiful.
• It rained during our wedding, and the rain plan worked shockingly smoothly and did not detract from the reception at all.
• It was a great value relative to other places we looked, with no sneaky upcharges, and we felt we were treated fairly and honestly throughout the whole process.
• They have a great team, highlighted in particular by Mandy (the venue/catering coordinator), who was always responsive, professional, and friendly. The whole time, it felt like we just happened to have a close friend who happened to know a lot about weddings.
• The museum has an exclusive contract with JAM Catering—who Mandy works for. At first I thought that that would be annoying, but it actually worked out really seamlessly. Mandy acted as our point of contact for catering, but also basically as a wedding planner when it came to day-of logistics. Everything was so easy with her and the team, and they really nailed it.
This venue is just beautiful, the inside of the museum is stunning and it's conveniently located near center city, hotels, the airport and interstates. Museum staff is friendly and ready to help. Mandy from JAM cater is professional, dedicated, knowledgeable and a great partner to work with. JAM's food is just delicious, completely made directly at the venue during all events.