Memorial Hall c. 1876

$18k - $24k For 100 Guests
Up to 300 guests

$18k - $24k For 100 Guests
Up to 300 guests

Situated within Fairmount Park, Memorial Hall c. 1876 is a museum wedding venue located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This historic property dates back to America’s 1876 Centennial Exhibition, when it was constructed as an art gallery. Today, it is one of the flagship venues of Brûlée Catering and the home of the Please Touch Museum. The building is just 21 minutes from the Philadelphia Airport, making it conveniently accessible to locals and out-of-town guests alike. A National Historic Landmark, this sweeping architectural masterpiece makes for a dramatic backdrop to create timeless memories.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples looking to tie the knot at Memorial Hall c. 1876 can rent the entire museum or single event spaces within it. The whole building can accommodate up to 3,000 people for truly spectacular events, while individual rooms suit weddings of different styles and sizes. Hamilton Hall, which can hold up to 650 guests, features glamorous Arts Beaux architecture and 60-feet ceilings that culminate in an impressive dome. This room also hosts a towering replica of the Statue of Liberty, made from toys by renowned artist Leo Sewell. Boasting similarly resplendent architectural flourishes, the South Foyer accommodates 450 guests. Parties of 200 can gather in the Carousel House, a unique space with elegant furniture and a fully restored and operating hand-crafted 1908 Dentzel Carousel. The East Gallery is a two-floor, 1,000-person capacity hall with whimsical attractions including a rainforest atmosphere and Alice in Wonderland-inspired decor. The West Gallery also holds 1,000 people and offers interactive exhibits such as a SEPTA bus and a replica of an urban environment. Visitors can also peruse the Centennial Gallery, where a recreation of the 1876 Centennial Exhibition is on display.

As one of Brûlée Catering’s premier venues, Memorial Hall c. 1876 enjoys exclusive catering with this upscale restaurant. Founded by James Beard Award-winning Chef Jean-Marie Lacroix, Brûlée Catering crafts globally-inspired cuisine that will dazzle newlyweds and their guests. Menus are rotated seasonally to reflect the changing ingredients, and the chefs will tailor each meal to the tastes of the clients. The museum also provides tables and chairs, glassware and dishes, tents, and help with setup and cleanup. From micro-weddings set along the vintage carousel to lavish affairs with thousands of guests, this venue is fully customizable for celebrations of all kinds.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$6,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$2,500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$500

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Dessert
Wedding Cake

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$16.95

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast
House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine
Open Bar

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Government Building
Historic Building
Museum
Park

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Chairs
Dance Floor
Drapery
Furniture
Lighting
Tables
Tents

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

April
May
June
September
October
November

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March
July
August
December

• Sarah
    Sarah J. Married on 02/26/2022

Best place to get married!!

The Please Touch Museum was my dream wedding venue and after last week that dream finally became a reality! It really was everything I was hoping for and more — it is such a unique and whimsical spot for a wedding and I know our guests will be raving about the event (especially my grand carousel entrance!) for years to come. Lynnelle is so helpful and she was super accommodating in making our somewhat unusual vision for the wedding come to life! Considering everything that’s included in the package, I think it’s actually a really good deal price-wise, especially for the area. The staff were all great and our guests raved about the food. I would absolutely recommend getting married here. It was an unforgettable night and I am so thankful to PTM and Brulee for making our wedding dreams truly come true!!
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle P. Married on 10/09/2021

Best day ever!!

My now husband and I went to the Please Touch Museum and it was the only venue we visited because it was perfect! While we came for the venue, we stayed for Lynnelle who is the most talented and efficient wedding planner around! If you’re someone who has anxiety like me, Lynnelle is someone you want on your side! I also swear she’s a mind reader because she seriously anticipated any question or concern I had and I actually felt calm when I arrived at the venue to get married and she greeted me and assured me everything was going to be great. If anything goes wrong(which luckily for us not much did) I can almost guarantee you won’t even hear about it until after the wedding!
    I feel like the venue speaks for itself, I mean it is breathtaking! The carousel was such a huge hit and made for the best pictures and EVERYONE who works there are the nicest people! I don’t think I passed anyone without them congratulating us or asking if we need anything! It was the PERFECT day and our guests are still talking about it! I couldn’t recommend the Please Touch Museum more highly!!
  • Sara
    Sara W. Married on 05/30/2021

I’m probably happiest Covid bride out there

We began planning our wedding December 2019. After looking at several venues, we fell in love with Memorial Hall immediately. There was no other place for us.

What made our choice even more perfect was working with Lynnelle, Director of Catering at Brûlée. She helped with every major and minor decision we needed to make about the wedding. She “got” me and my aesthetic immediately and had fabulous ideas that fit my theme.

Of course, we didn’t have a typical wedding planning journey. There was a whole pandemic in the middle! Lynnelle was fully transparent, encouraging, and kind throughout our long wedding process. We changed the date and she made sure the menu, the venue decor, the servers, and all the support staff were in sync with our vision.

I cannot say enough about how awesome Lynnelle and our wedding was. She made everything easy and when we had to adapt to covid rules we felt like we were in safe hands.

Aside from that, she is the warmest, friendliest, and most upbeat person I could ever have hoped to work with. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

16 photos · 06/24/2017

Pricing

4231 Avenue of the Republic Philadelphia, PA, 19131
215-578-5179
Location of (Memorial Hall c. 1876)

Other vendors in Philadelphia for your wedding

Wedding Venues