50-700
Guest Capacity
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

About Amber Room Colonnade

"An Experience to Remember"

The Amber Room Colonnade offers an idyllic setting in which to host your special day.  Since 1979, The Amber Room Colonnade has established itself as one of Connecticut’s most prestigious reception sites, and a destination venue within New England.  We welcome the opportunity to be of service to you in making your wedding day a memory to last a lifetime.

The estate features twenty-six private acres of meticulously-landscaped gardens, courtyards, bridges and lawn, highlighted by a 10,000 square foot elegantly-appointed ballroom, which is divisible in two, to accomodate intimate affairs of 40 to grand celebrations of 700.  Each ballroom’s covered outdoor veranda provides the perfect ambience to host cocktail receptions and ceremonies.  Your guests will savor the award-winning cuisine of Executive Chef Chris Hatzis, while our hospitality professionals attend to their every need.  We pride ourselves on our commitment to personalizing each wedding to reflect the personality of our bridal couples.  Whether your preference is a specific theme, décor or menu enhancement, our passion is to make your wedding the vision of your dreams.

The Amber Room Colonnade is conveniently located in Fairfield County in the historic City of Danbury, Connecticut, midway between Hartford and Manhattan making it an ideal venue to host your wedding.  Please inquire about our all-inclusive wedding packages, popular specialty event design & decor services, and schedule a tour of our magnificent venue!

Categories: Wedding Venue

Indoor (3)
Event Planning (3)
Uncovered Outdoor (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)

My wife and I held our wedding at The Amber Room this past weekend and it couldn't have been more perfect. Doug and his team walked us through every step of the planning process, meeting with us multiple times to show the space and answer our questions. I can't count how many of our guests have told us how the cocktail hour food was the best they've ever had, the main course was the best they've ever had and how our cake was the best they've ever had. From the moment we arrived until the time we left, we were well attended to and the Amber Room staff were quick to respond to needs our guests had. I'm sorry I can only give this venue five stars because they made everything awesome and treated us like family. We explored other venues during the planning process and found the Amber Room offered more bang for our buck and a much nicer room. We're so glad we chose The Amber Room because EVERYONE loved the experience. THANK YOU!!

Profile Picture Jack, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Let me start by saying if there was a 6th star or Elite Star or something like that, they earned it.
We had our wedding planned at the Matrix for 09/10/2017. Unfortunately they went bankrupt and the wedding coordinator actually recommended to go to the Amber Room and speak to "Doug". We took her recommendation.
Doug - he has a sense of ownership, urgency and (1) thing most businessmen lack is heart. Heart into what he does. He never stops smiling, keeps constant communication, very confident and MOST importantly, I didn't rent the Amber Room, I rented Doug! He ensured everything was in place, on time and to perfection in our eyes. Doug, I personally thank you again on this review for truly making our dream come true. Regardless the person, state or year, I will ALWAYS recommend the Amber Room for everything and anything possible because of your services.
Gina - She was our banquet manager ensuring everything is going smoothly the day of the wedding. She checked on us literally, like every 10 minutes to make sure we were not in need of anything. I'll give some examples: we were assigned a personal attendant who made sure our glasses were never emptied, a flame for every cigarette I smoked, kept everyone away while me and my newly wife enjoyed our dinner and followed us to ensure we were short of nothing. Gina accommodated lighting, assisting with seating the guest with her team and her team worked effectively with her leadership. Outstanding leadership Gina and commitment to our wedding.
Lastly, the establishment is BEAUTIFUL, celestial! If you want to the see the pictures, follow me on IG or FB to see for yourself. Seeing is believe. The front entrance is high class. The landscaping is something from Twilight (the movie). The whole area is big and open for party pictures and amazing background for your photographer to take. Inside, the whole place was re-modeled with new carpet, seats, paint, lighting... eveything. Thank you Doug and Gina!! Jason and Jennifer

Profile Picture Jason, 9/10/17, 2 Reviews

Valet
Wheelchair Access
5 AWARDS

4 ENDORSEMENTS
A great venue that can handle any sized event!

We have had nothing but wonderful experiences working with The Amber Room Colonnade for the last 10 years or so. Very professional staff, great looking banquet room, clean and elegant facility!

The Amber Room Colonnade is a great place to get married in Connecticut! The gorgeous ballroom makes a magical background for a wedding reception and the staff is wonderful--so easy to work with! We always love filming weddings at the Amber Room!

This venue ranks among the top 5 on our list for places to get married. Here are some great points about it. 1. Friendly, caring genuine staff. 2. Grounds are beautiful and well kept. 3. Kitchen is amazing and spotless. 4. Easy access for guests & plenty of parking. 5. Food is amazing!!!! Visit this venue and see for yourself.

1 Stacey Road, @ Route 37, Danbury, CT 06811   See On Map
203-748-3800 (phone) 203-748-1472 (fax)
Office Hours: Mon - Sat 9:00am - 5:00pm, Sun. by Appointment