36 Reviews for Amber Room Colonnade

Event Planning (3)
Uncovered Outdoor (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)
36 Amber Room Colonnade Reviews

Let me start by saying if there was a 6th star or Elite Star or something like that, they earned it.
We had our wedding planned at the Matrix for 09/10/2017. Unfortunately they went bankrupt and the wedding coordinator actually recommended to go to the Amber Room and speak to "Doug". We took her recommendation.
Doug - he has a sense of ownership, urgency and (1) thing most businessmen lack is heart. Heart into what he does. He never stops smiling, keeps constant communication, very confident and MOST importantly, I didn't rent the Amber Room, I rented Doug! He ensured everything was in place, on time and to perfection in our eyes. Doug, I personally thank you again on this review for truly making our dream come true. Regardless the person, state or year, I will ALWAYS recommend the Amber Room for everything and anything possible because of your services.
Gina - She was our banquet manager ensuring everything is going smoothly the day of the wedding. She checked on us literally, like every 10 minutes to make sure we were not in need of anything. I'll give some examples: we were assigned a personal attendant who made sure our glasses were never emptied, a flame for every cigarette I smoked, kept everyone away while me and my newly wife enjoyed our dinner and followed us to ensure we were short of nothing. Gina accommodated lighting, assisting with seating the guest with her team and her team worked effectively with her leadership. Outstanding leadership Gina and commitment to our wedding.
Lastly, the establishment is BEAUTIFUL, celestial! If you want to the see the pictures, follow me on IG or FB to see for yourself. Seeing is believe. The front entrance is high class. The landscaping is something from Twilight (the movie). The whole area is big and open for party pictures and amazing background for your photographer to take. Inside, the whole place was re-modeled with new carpet, seats, paint, lighting... eveything. Thank you Doug and Gina!! Jason and Jennifer

Profile Picture Jason, 9/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We would wholeheartedly recommend the Amber Room!
The Amber Room is in a great location. It is ten minutes away from hotels and shopping which was perfect for us and our guests. The inside has been recently remodeled and everything from the ballroom to the bathrooms looks clean, beautiful, and elegant. Though I didn’t get to see the outdoor space during cocktail hour, all of my guests commented on how spacious it was and how lovely it looked. While the grounds aren’t the most breathtaking for pictures, they are certainly adequate and we were able to get a lot of great shots.
One of parts we loved most about the Amber Room though is the food. Their food was out of this world and the variety and enormity of the spread they put together was like nothing we’ve ever seen at other weddings. The day after the wedding, my family literally started writing up a list of all the delicious food we ate because we were blown away by it. To name a few (seriously only a few), there was everything from beef empanadas to coconut shrimp, from lobster risotto balls to sliders, from beef skewers to bacon wrapped scallops, from broccoli quiche to clams casino. My guests are still raving about the food and how delicious it was and how every time they turned around, there was a plate of new tasty treats coming their way! Dinner itself was also fabulous. Even with the big portions, most plates I saw getting picked up looked like they had practically been licked clean.
Another great part about the Amber Room was the people you work with. All of our interactions w/ Alisha were always prompt and professional. She is friendly, flexible, and totally willing to work with you on whatever you need. On the night of our wedding, Gina was our coordinator and she did a great job of making sure our night went smoothly without ever being intrusive or overbearing.
For the reasonable price, you are getting A LOT for your money - accommodating staff, delicious food, & a beautiful venue!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Cake, Chairs, Parking

We had our wedding at the Amber Room on July 29, 2017 and everything fell into place exactly as we dreamed. From start to finish our experience was great. We can’t say enough of how easy it was to work with General Manager Doug Polistena. He was very flexible and extremely responsive to all our requests and always returned calls very promptly.

We were so lucky that the weather cooperated and we were able to take full advantage of the beautiful grounds for pictures, ceremony and cocktail hour. It was so easy to not have to travel to get great pictures.

Our guests raved about the food from the cocktail hour, entrée and cake. It was fun to design our own cake and have it taste so delicious.

Another plus was the large dance floor that our guest fully utilized and we even had great outdoor space to set up our custom-made cornhole.

Thanks again to Doug, Gina and Brad and his professional staff for making our special day so memorable!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great place and very reasonable!! My then fiancee (now husband) and I fell in love with the place the moment we walked in. I would recommend it for a small or large wedding or any other event. The people there are absolutely amazing and went out of their way to make sure our day was extra special. I cannot say enough about the food! We had a Peruvian/Haitian wedding and the chef accommodated us with foods from both of our cultures. Our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was. I would definitely use this venue again for future events.

Profile Picture User7412198, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs

I honestly cannot say enough great things about the Amber Room! I had my wedding on Memorial Day Weekend 2017 and it was more than I could have ever imagined! My now, husband, is stationed in North Carolina, so trying to plan a wedding so far from home was a bit challenging, but Doug made everything so easy and stress free for me. He was accommodating and listened to my needs and wants for my big day and tried everything he could to make it magical! The venue is truly stunning with a modern and classy feel. My guests will NOT stop talking about all of the delicious food, from cocktail hour to our surf and turf entrée and of course the most delicious wedding cake! Brad and Gina were such a huge help in making the room look so beautiful and perfect to exactly how I wanted the centerpieces set up, to the name card table and everything in between. Monica did our Wedding Cake and I had only met with her one time and showed her a picture of exactly how I wanted my cake to look like, and I was more than impressed. My cake was beautiful and more than I expected, let alone how moist and delicious it was. To this day, my guests still talk about that cake. It was truly the best experience I have ever had working with the Amber Room. Doug was there every step of the way and I couldn’t have asked for a better venue to hold one of the best days of my life! My wedding was amazing, and it was honestly and truly because of how amazing the Amber Room was and how Doug, Gina, Brad and Monica catered and cared about making my day perfect! THANK YOU SO MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!!

Profile Picture Riela, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

After planning a wedding, it is obvious that customer service means EVERYTHING and the Amber Room Colonnade proved to be Five star.
We had our wedding at the Amber Room on 1/14/2017.  We chose the Amber Room because they were refreshingly different than the other 15+ venues we visited in CT/NY(many of which our friends were previously married). The amber room was modern and classy. The impressive reception room was large yet still made the wedding feel intimate. The dance floor was beautiful and spacious with a gorgeous overhanging dark bronze tiled ceiling and crystal chandelier. The absolute highlight and pleasure for us was working with Doug Polistena in planning our winter inspired wedding.  He provided imaginative suggestions and options for each of our rudimentary ideas and actually enhanced our vision. They did a great job setting up our centerpieces and decorations for the wedding day. Furthermore, Doug and his staff were available and responsive to our needs. Our guests arrived to a beautiful front entrance and greeted by a locally hired valet service (which is a must during the winter). The cocktail hour was a big hit with mini grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters and other creative passed horderves. Friends and family were sincerely blown away by the reception room that included lounge furniture by the dance floor. One of the biggest hits at wedding is a new age modern “photo booth” called the Magic Mirror. I was never one for pictures but we loved the way the giant interactive touch screen mirror re-invented photo booths. Doug’s attentiveness, attention to detail, and stress free persona made planning our wedding fun and exciting instead of a chore.  Doug was able to guide us when we needed help and proved to be a reliable source for recommending some great vendors.  The ability of the Amber room to create our vision of a winter theme was beyond impressive.

Profile Picture Matthew , 1/14/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Chairs, Indoor

I can't even begin to thank the amazing staff at The Amber Room for making our day one to remember. My husband and I had no doubt that the moment we met Alicia, that we had found the right place for us. Both Alicia and Doug made sure to make us feel like we were at home and comfortable, from day one. They also exceeded our expectation ten fold! Our day was perfect and our guest are still raving about the service and food at the venue. We have been told a number of times since our wedding day (October 29th) that it was hands down the BEST wedding they have ever been to. The food and beauty of the venue being the first to be mentioned. I highly recommend this venue and if I could give it and the staff 30 stars, than I would. Thank you guys again so much!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Perfect is the only word that comes to mind when I think of my wedding day. The staff at the Amber Room worked extremely hard to make this happen. Doug, Gina, and Brad went out of their way and over the top with every single detail. The room looked amazing! They executed every detail with perfection.

The food- OMG!! Chris delivered the most amazing food ever. Every single person comments on how much food there was and how amazing everything tasted. The cocktail hour was an incredible way to start the night and we ended it with a delicious cake by Monica. I can't tell you how many people told me that this was the best wedding they've ever been to! Add in the photo booth and the French fry bar for two more huge hits! We had so much fun and it truly couldn't have been any better. At the end of the night, the staff helped me pack up everything and made sure we were good to go. The people at the Amber Room truly care about your day and truly want to make your event memorable and perfect. Thank you so much for making our dreams come true!!

Profile Picture Robyn, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Indoor, Parking

My husband & I booked with Doug for our August 27, 2016 wedding at the Amber Room. We researched multiple venues first but after careful consideration we decided the Amber Room was absolutely perfect. I come from a 100% Portuguese family & the Amber Room is the only caterer that allowed some Portuguese influence from the outside - some appetizers & desserts. But honestly, without these additional apps & desserts, our guests said there was too much food, which in our culture is exactly what you look for at a wedding. We met with Doug several times over the course of a year & he was always available & always responded to emails & questions very quickly. The reception was absolutely flawless - the entire staff is beyond amazing & organized - we literally didn't have a single thing to worry about. We brought all of our sweetheart table props, favors, hand made menus, etc. a few days before with the intention of setting everything up the night before. But when we arrived, everything was already complete. The details and hard work that went into our reception went above & beyond anything we could have imagined. People are still talking about how this was the best wedding they had ever attended. Food was plentiful, delicious, and everything was super organized and in a timely manner. Olga is outstanding at her job - organized the bridal party the entire evening. Doug is beyond outstanding at his job - organized and detail oriented. Gina is also incredibly hard working. Huge kudos to Chris, the outstanding chef. And Monica, who baked our amazing cake and went by a couple photos I sent Doug for ideas. She created a lace themed cake which guests have also told us was the very best wedding cake they had ever eaten! In my honest opinion the Amber Room is truly the best at their work. They have years of experience & are incredibly easy & stress-free to work with. THANK YOU to the entire team who made our wedding day the best day of our lives! - Melissa & Greg Haynes

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/27/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I even begin? Doug and his team at the Amber Room truly outdid themselves for my January 16th wedding. From the moment I met Doug, he was extremely professional, detail-oriented, organized, and very patient. Throughout my year and a half engagement, Doug remained in constant contact with me. Sometimes it was a few months before I would see him again, yet he remembered every detail of the conversation we previously had. It gave me such a peace of mind knowing I could trust Doug with everything! People kept asking me how I was always so calm during my planning process and it was because of Doug. He was so wonderful to work with and made everything fun rather than stressful. The day of my wedding was the best day of my life. When I walked into the room where the reception was going to be held, it brought tears to my eyes. Doug and his team made my winter wonderland wedding come to life. Adding the silver air wall tied everything together! Monica, the baker, made us a custom cake that everyone could not stop raving about. It was a replica of the Stanley Cup (my husband is a HUGE hockey fan!) I could not believe how she was able to replicate a picture that I sent to her perfectly. Not only did it look amazing, it tasted even better....the inside was funfetti and butter cream!! The food served during our wedding was fantastic! It was so nice that they even sent us home with two extra meals to enjoy the following day. Thank you so much to Doug, Monica, Gina, and the rest of the staff at the Amber Room. You all are truly amazing!

Profile Picture Ashely, 1/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I recently got married at the Amber Room and we cannot say enough about the staff there! Not only were we able to create the night of our dreams, Doug and Gina ensured that everything went smoothly and went off without a hitch. It was a truly magical evening, one that we will treasure forever.

Profile Picture Christina, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

They pulled together the most amazing wedding for my wife and I! We truly could not be happier with their service and would gladly recommend them to anyone and everyone. Some of our guests said…

"This is NOT wedding food, it's too good"
"Honestly some of the best food I've EVER eaten"
" Sincerely one of the best weddings I've ever attended. Thank you so much for having us"

I could go on and on. They do amazing things here and if your ever in need of a venue The Amber Room Colonnade should be it!

Profile Picture bruce, 8/8/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They made our wedding dream a reality! (And at a great price) anyone thinking of using the Amber room should book now! Food was great, cake was amazing, staff was so friendly, and the venue made for gorgeous pictures! Shout outs to Alisha, Gina, Olga, Monica, and the whole team. We love you and you made us feel like family. Thank you for creating a unique experience my family and I will never forget!!!

Profile Picture Carly, 7/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was absolutely perfect! Olga and Luke were amazing! The food was great! Our guests still keep talking about how good the food was! Monica made our cake......It looked fabulous and tasted amazing! So happy we used the amber room!

Profile Picture Nancy, 6/7/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married on Sunday, March 15, 2015. We had a limited budget and never expected that we could have our wedding reception at such a gorgeous place! From the second I called to make an appointment for a consultation to the day of our reception, everyone was so incredibly accommodating and professional. Besides our small budget, we were also limited to one date; but they came up with a package that surpassed our requests and imagination. The stress of your wedding day is unimaginable-no matter how simple you try to keep it. But when it came to the reception, I felt like everyone at The Amber Room lifted it off of our shoulders. They dignified our families with last minute changes and requests; cared for our guests as though they were their own family; spoiled my husband and I with our own private room to enjoy champagne and hors'derves (just to list a few specifics). I had my own decorations, and they set up the tables so gorgeously! And the food! Our guests STILL are talking about the food. The steak and chicken not only tasted incredible, but the portions were HUGE. They gave everyone 'take-home' containers-I'm telling you, it was awesome! The hors'derves were delectable. They have a full bar staffed, but we chose to go with wine on the tables. It was so elegant; so professional; I couldn't have dreamed of anything so lovely. It was still very much winter on our wedding day, so we couldn't take advantage of the beautiful grounds for our photos, but if you get married at a warmer time, that's another wonderful perk of this spot. I would definitely recommend The Amber Room. You will not regret it!

Profile Picture Heather , 3/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I wanted to write and just express how happy and satisfied I was with the Amber Room. My son and daughter in law were recently married and the reception was perfect, from the cocktail hour right to the last dance! It is by far the best place to have a wedding reception. Doug and the staff are passionate about every detail and make you feel like your wedding is the only one. Many of the guests told me that if you left there hungry, it was your own fault. Everything was delicious, beautiful, and professional. So if you're looking for a place to have your wedding, call them, you will not be disappointed and it will be the best day ever!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What can I say? The ambee room was perfect in every way. I had a bunch of surprises thrown at me during the month or so before the wedding and Doug at the amber room was very flexible professional and helpful throughout it all. The decorations were perfect, scenery was amazing and both the food and cake taste delicious. Our pictures came out beautiful (taken outside before the reception ). We are glad we chose the amber room as a vendor!

Profile Picture Vance & danaya, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

I always heard that wedding planning was a nightmare. You see the shows on TV that show everyone losing their minds. After I got engaged, I knew that this was something I needed to avoid at all cost. One might say that a wedding planner is the way to go but our budget was limited. I found the Amber Room through the knot.com and never looked back. I looked at the photos briefly and was blown away with how beautiful this venue was. Surely this place had to be pricey... Then I read on and saw that they weren't just a venue, they took care of everything! What's everything you ask? Cake, food, linens, hanging my decorations and a DJ (who also provided a Photo Booth and uplighting). I visited the venue three times and each time I was put more at ease. The food was AMAZING, the cake was breathtakingly beautiful! Even more, it was made on-site that morning (we peeked!) so it was as fresh as you could hope! And it was mouthwatering to boot. The DJ was everything you could ever want. He was extremely experienced and professional beyond belief. He also came with a huge selection of add-ons. Overall, if I catch wind of ANYONE tying the knot, I'd highly recommend this place. Whether your budget is big or small, it doesn't matter due to the fact that you can change and add on so many things. Give them a call!!!

Profile Picture User3568014, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Doug and Rayhana were amazing to work with. They were very efficient and professional throughout the entire process. Everything went great! The food was delicious!

Profile Picture pamela, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Amber Room Colonnade was definitely the best choice for our wedding venue. On our very first meeting, Doug made it very clear that anything we wanted, he would figure out a way to make it happen for us. My husband and I wanted to make our wedding day unique and this was one of the only venues that was willing to cater to our needs and think outside the box. I really felt very well taken care of. I have never planned a wedding before and Doug walked us through each step and made it easy, even fun! The outside area is gorgeous for taking pictures and we had our ceremony on site at the lower gazebo (which they power-washed for us). The setting was beautiful. The staff is amazing, the food was delicious and we really felt like they were on our team and cared about making wedding special. Also, the price. It's a great bang for your buck! We could't have asked for a better experience.

Profile Picture Jess, 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

To Doug, Rayhana, Gina and Sue (just to name a few)..

Both Dennis and I Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. You all went above and beyond our expectations to make this event as magnificent as it was. We will cherish these memories for a lifetime!
This place is CLASS A...The FOOD was PURE PERFECTION...Service?? OVER THE TOP!!
We cant say enough---an experience we will cherish forever!!!
Both Dennis and I Thank You all from the bottom of our hearts!!

This place in our minds should be referred to as THE AMAZING ROOM!!!
XO

Profile Picture Grace, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband & I immediately fell in love with The Amber Room. We met w/Doug P. who was so kind & pleasant every step of the planning process. We made numerous phone calls & had multiple meetings to create the wedding of our dreams. It was effortless every time. From the moment we met Doug, it was like being with family. He always greeted us w/his warm smile & calming demeanor that put our every question & concern at ease. We also had a lot of assistance from Alanna & Rey who are so beautiful & energic! The entire staff is genuinely so happy for their clients & make you feel like a star! Doug worked w/our budget & did not make us feel pressured at any time. We met w/Luke the week of our wedding & he coordinated step by step how it would unfold. Doug & Luke's level of professionalism is off the charts! The day goes by so fast it was a saving grace to have them help us slow down & enjoy the night we planned so much for. Sue was also amazing in every way attending to the bridal party & continuously checking on me. Sue & Luke worked together as a dream team! It was a privledge to meet the talented Monica who is the mastermind behind the gorgeous wedding cakes! It was amazing being able to speak w/her directly to create our custom cake. I could write on for days about how much the whole Amber Room staff did! The food was phenomenal! Our family & friends are still raving about how high quality & delicious everything was from the cocktail hour to dinner & dessert. And there was a lot of it! Thank you to the lovely wait & kitchen staff! We received compliments as well from our guests about the bartenders who quickly took notice to what people preferred & had drinks prepared before they even requested it at the bar. Thank you to everyone at The Amber Room for all of your hard work and creating an intimate environment for our wedding day! We love you all- N&K ❤️

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/30/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a reception for our son and his new bride at the Amber Room in Danbury. It was exceptional. Our guests were telling us how great it was all day and afterwards, we got many calls and e-mails about that special day. The food was great. Allot of it and top shelf meals. The cocktail hour was great also. Again, allot of quality food. We contracted our DJ through the Amber Room and he was outstanding also. We have another son and if and when he gets married, we will have something for him there also.

Profile Picture Dan, 10/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

My husband and I got married a few weeks ago at the Amber Room Colonnade and can not thank the staff of the Amber Room enough! Doug Polistena our coordinator was nothing short of amazing. Everyone who helped with our Wedding Day and planning was so laid back and helpful, we never felt rushed or pressured into making any decisions. They kept us laughing and well fed! We were young and clueless when it came to planning a wedding and the Amber Room made everything seamless. Their staff is extremely attentive and the atmosphere is stunning without being overbearing. We took pictures on the grounds and the trees, rock formation, gazebo, and bridge are all beautiful backgrounds! Inside the lighting was a really nice touch and we had plenty of room to dance! We highly recommend their Photo Booth/DJ package. Our guests had so much fun and we have a copy of all the pictures whether they like it or not! I would absolutely recommend this venue to any bride in the future. Being stress-free is HUGE when you're planning such a big day :)

Profile Picture Jaime, 10/12/13, 4 Reviews