Amazing Alterations

Anoka, MN View map Visit website

Amazing Alterations is a wedding dress alterations business based out of Anoka, Minnesota. Providing a multitude of services and products, this company aims to please every single client who comes to them for assistance, professional guidance, and expertise. Whether you are looking to spruce up your glamorous gown, undertake a necessary alteration, or tailor a suit you already have, this boutique can help.

Conveniently, Amazing Alterations can offer services that would prove useful for the happy couple. Perhaps you have a dress that needs modernizing - they can carry this out for you. The wedding party can also receive alterations here so that corseting, crystals, and tailored wraps can be added to various garments to give them a customized look.

These expert tailors, seamstresses, and consultants can guide you in the right direction when deciding how to carry out the transformation. Maybe your favorite suit needs to be tailored to fit you properly - this is one of the many services that they provide. They also offer custom garters, dress cleaning, and a variety of accessories, including veils. Conveniently, Amazing Alterations is very happy to discuss any ideas that you might have for your specific garment item. Other services available from Amazing Alterations include the following:

• Addition of French bustle to wedding dresses
  • Hem adjustment
  • Steam cleaning
  • Preservation
  • Jewelry

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Groomsmen
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom
Ring Bearers

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Appointments Only
Cleaning
Full Customization
Preservation

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts

4.7

• Brianna
    Brianna Married on 11/30/2021

Knowledgeable

The team at Amazing Alterararions were fantastic. I needed several things redone, but the hardest was the straps. I had spaghetti straps that kept falling down. They cut off the straps and relocated them further up my shoulder so they didn’t fall. It made my wedding day more stress free. Plus my dress had intricate lace. I’m 5’3” and wore flip flops so a lot of length had to be cut off. They were able to work with the delicate lace so it didn’t look out of place.
  • Jenandmattrimony2020
    Jen Married on 11/06/2021

The Best Alterations

Brenda is a godsend! Living in Roseville, I wasn’t keen on driving all the way out to Anoka to get my alterations done, but Amazing Alterations came SO highly recommended that I was OK with it. When Brenda first pinned my dress to how it was going to fit me, I almost cried! It looked so good. I was so ready for my second appointment in April 2020.

Then COVID hit and I had to postpone my wedding twice. Brenda so graciously stored my dress for me until my rescheduled second fitting in September 2021. Brenda and her team had already made the first alterations from 2020 and took the bodice of my dress in. Which, as a plus-size bride, I never thought would be said about anything I ever owned. Brenda knew exactly which bustle my dress needed, and I felt so good when I left that appointment. I came in for the final fitting, and my dress fit like a glove. The team recorded a video on my phone so my bridesmaids and personal attendant could do my bustle correctly. So many people cried when they saw me in my dress. I can’t recommend Amazing Alterations enough! I felt like a goddess in my dress!
  • Shelby
    Shelby Married on 10/23/2021

Truly Amazing

Brenda and her team worked magic on my wedding dress. I bought it in 2019 for my 2020 wedding 1 size smaller as I planned to lose weight. With Covid, we had to postpone to 2021 and I unfortunately gained a bunch of weight. My dress didn't fit at all when I tried it on for the first time again in May 2021 and I was positive I'd need to buy a new dress before my October 2021 wedding.

Amazing Alterations was able to take my dress out 3.5 sizes and make other small adjustments and it fit incredible the day of the wedding. I cannot say enough thanks to the team for all they did to ensure I was able to wear the dress I loved when all felt impossible. To make it even better, the pricing was reasonable and they did what they could to save me money. Plus the shop is so adorable and comfortable. They also squeezed me in the week of my wedding for an unexpected last minute final change I decided I wanted for the dress which took away so much stress. I'm waiting to get my dress cleaned and preserved now and know it will turn out great.

The only recommendation I'll make is that they should maybe book less appointments per day. Each time I went, the staff seemed stressed about how busy they were and my final appointment took over 4 hours which seemed a little long for the small fix they made to the dress. I understand they were short staffed that day and Brenda was off, but they were helping other people over others and myself whose appointments were way after ours and I was left waiting for long periods of time in the changing room until I hunted someone down a couple time which was a bit frustrating after they told me they'd be right with me and then went to be with someone else.

Overall, I highly recommend Amazing Alterations and cannot thank them enough for making my dress look and feel amazing for my perfect day!

Photo credit for wedding photo: Max Caven Photography

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Pianist for Parties Pianist for Parties Wedding Musicians

There is a reason Amazing Alterations was nominated as a finalist at Minnesota Bride, they are committed to perfection. I know from personal experience the team at Amazing Alterations is passionate about making certain that each garment is a perfect fit!

Bridal Aisle Boutique Bridal Aisle Boutique Wedding Dresses

Amazing Alterations is truly amazing, I (Bridal Aisle Wedding Consignment) refer my brides to them because I know they will be taken care of, have a wonderful experience and get their picture taken when their gown is ready in their beautiful boutique. The atmosphere in their shop is exquisite. Every bride will love it! I can sell the gown, they will make you feel special and make your day perfect!

Joy of Music Joy of Music Wedding Musicians

I came to Brenda with a last minute alteration and she fit me in the same day and was done within the hour. She did a great job and I would highly recommend her!

2665 - 4th Ave N, Suite 29 In back on riverside, In back on riverside Anoka, MN, 55303
Location of (Amazing Alterations)

Other vendors in Minneapolis for your wedding