Amazing Alterations Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Jessica
    Jessica S. Married on 05/29/2022

Amazing work and service!

They turned my basic dress into the custom dress of my dreams, and made me an absolutely stunning veil to go with it! They were extremely accommodating and truthful with all the last-minute changes I had. I feel like every appointment I gave them a new challenge and they always nailed it! I will definitely be coming here any time I need alterations
    Mai H. Married on 05/29/2022

Friendly staff that knows what they're doing!

I was 3 weeks away from my wedding, and my dress needed serious alteration. Brenda and her team were very responsive and friendly. They know what they're doing, and they did such a wonderful job at fixing my dress. I couldn't ask for a better alteration place. Highly recommended!
  • Brianna
    Brianna Married on 11/30/2021

Knowledgeable

The team at Amazing Alterararions were fantastic. I needed several things redone, but the hardest was the straps. I had spaghetti straps that kept falling down. They cut off the straps and relocated them further up my shoulder so they didn’t fall. It made my wedding day more stress free. Plus my dress had intricate lace. I’m 5’3” and wore flip flops so a lot of length had to be cut off. They were able to work with the delicate lace so it didn’t look out of place.
  • Jenandmattrimony2020
    Jen Married on 11/06/2021

The Best Alterations

Brenda is a godsend! Living in Roseville, I wasn’t keen on driving all the way out to Anoka to get my alterations done, but Amazing Alterations came SO highly recommended that I was OK with it. When Brenda first pinned my dress to how it was going to fit me, I almost cried! It looked so good. I was so ready for my second appointment in April 2020.

Then COVID hit and I had to postpone my wedding twice. Brenda so graciously stored my dress for me until my rescheduled second fitting in September 2021. Brenda and her team had already made the first alterations from 2020 and took the bodice of my dress in. Which, as a plus-size bride, I never thought would be said about anything I ever owned. Brenda knew exactly which bustle my dress needed, and I felt so good when I left that appointment. I came in for the final fitting, and my dress fit like a glove. The team recorded a video on my phone so my bridesmaids and personal attendant could do my bustle correctly. So many people cried when they saw me in my dress. I can’t recommend Amazing Alterations enough! I felt like a goddess in my dress!
  • Shelby
    Shelby Married on 10/23/2021

Truly Amazing

Brenda and her team worked magic on my wedding dress. I bought it in 2019 for my 2020 wedding 1 size smaller as I planned to lose weight. With Covid, we had to postpone to 2021 and I unfortunately gained a bunch of weight. My dress didn't fit at all when I tried it on for the first time again in May 2021 and I was positive I'd need to buy a new dress before my October 2021 wedding.

Amazing Alterations was able to take my dress out 3.5 sizes and make other small adjustments and it fit incredible the day of the wedding. I cannot say enough thanks to the team for all they did to ensure I was able to wear the dress I loved when all felt impossible. To make it even better, the pricing was reasonable and they did what they could to save me money. Plus the shop is so adorable and comfortable. They also squeezed me in the week of my wedding for an unexpected last minute final change I decided I wanted for the dress which took away so much stress. I'm waiting to get my dress cleaned and preserved now and know it will turn out great.

The only recommendation I'll make is that they should maybe book less appointments per day. Each time I went, the staff seemed stressed about how busy they were and my final appointment took over 4 hours which seemed a little long for the small fix they made to the dress. I understand they were short staffed that day and Brenda was off, but they were helping other people over others and myself whose appointments were way after ours and I was left waiting for long periods of time in the changing room until I hunted someone down a couple time which was a bit frustrating after they told me they'd be right with me and then went to be with someone else.

Overall, I highly recommend Amazing Alterations and cannot thank them enough for making my dress look and feel amazing for my perfect day!

Photo credit for wedding photo: Max Caven Photography
  • Nicole
    Nicole N. Married on 10/22/2021

The Name Says It All - Amazing Alterations!

Amazing Alterations came highly recommended, and I now highly recommend them too! Brenda knows wedding dresses and fit. I asked for a lining to be added to the front of my dress and it came out just as I imagined. During the last fitting, they made sure the dress fit exactly as I wanted before leaving. This included the smallest of adjustments until it was perfect. I am so grateful for Brenda and her team at Amazing Alterations.
  • Katie
    Katie L. Married on 09/01/2021

Love this place

I went to Amazing Alterations when I needed a bridesmaid dress done and when it came my turn to get a wedding gown. i knew i had to go to them! Amazing service. I would recommend 100/10! My dress fits me perfectly I cannot wait to wear it in a few weeks!
  • Nicole
    Nicole M. Married on 08/15/2021

Absolutely amazing

Brenda and her team are wonderful. The atmosphere is incredible. I originally took my dress to a different place that was recommended by the wedding shoppe, and i wasn't a fan. A friend told me about amazing alterations so I picked my dress up and brought it to Brenda! The team is kind and they do incredible work. I am short and curvy and when I first bought my dress, I was uncomfortable and nervous. Brenda and her team were able to make it fit like a glove. I absolutely love how my dress fits. I highly recommend Amazing Alterations.
  • Allison
    Allison K. Married on 08/06/2021

Very Amazing Alterations

Brenda and the whole team did a great job altering my dress a couple of times after I lost weight accidentally and they still managed to have my dress finished on schedule despite the pandemic!
  • Kelsi Novitsky
    Kelsi N. Married on 06/18/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Amazing Alterations really lives up to their name! I am so amazed with my wedding dress. I brought my dress in with poorly-done alterations from a different shop, and I thought my dress was ruined. But Brenda fixed it and made it even more beautiful than I could have imagined. It fit me like a glove and I got so many compliments on it at my wedding. Amazing Alternations will take great care of you. Don’t go anywhere else, they’re the best at what they do.
    Jason A. Married on 05/01/2021

Their name suits them - AMAZING

The Amazing Alterations team is AMAZING. I called them last minute after having to reschedule our wedding, they fit me in right away and got my dress done in time. It looked perfect, beautiful work by a great team.
    Heidi C. Married on 10/17/2020

Highly recommend!!

Brenda and her whole team were absolutely amazing to work with, I had the best experience and my dress was PERFECT! Brenda went so far above and beyond to make me the veil of my dreams, I am so grateful and would highly recommended Amazing Alterations to anyone!! Thank you!!!
  • Shelby
    Shelby E. Married on 10/10/2020

Beautiful location and friendly staff!

I absolutely loved Amazing Alterations! Their facility is top notch and the staff is so welcoming and friendly. I am a plus sized bride, and I felt beautiful every time I put my gown on! They are more concerned about making their customers happy rather than the money which is wonderful. Worth every penny. Highly recommend!
  • Tara
    Tara M. Married on 06/06/2020

Amazing alterations

Wow!!! They are so wonderful to work with at amazing alterations. They are so talented and honestly know what is best for your dress! I wouldn’t have gone anywhere else!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer L. Married on 03/18/2020

Amazing work!

I was a bit nervous about my first alteration appointment. I had never had anything altered and only knew I wanted a few things changed on my dress. I didnt know how to say what it was, that I wanted done, but I knew I wasn't comfortable with what was already there. After discussions with Brenda, we sort of had an idea of what I was asking for. I made an appointment for 3 weeks out, came in and tried the dress on, it was awesome! I had 2 pieces of lace added (right then) that made the look complete and we were on our way home, dress in hand, within an hour! Thank you for the great work!!!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 08/10/2019

Absoloutely Amazing Alterations

The name of this business is very descriptive, as I truly found them to be amazing! They are very organized and schedule all of the appointments needed, then send a Google calendar invite to ensure accuracy. They listened to my ideas and presented options. Pricing was given up front and listed separately by each alteration, so I knew exactly what I was paying for, and I could add or subtract alterations as the budget allowed. The staff was friendly and reassuring, and I never felt rushed. I especially liked that nothing was done that couldn’t be changed at the next appointment, so I could see everything that had been done and ok it before it was finalized. I was impressed with the fast turnaround, but I would definitely call as soon as possible as appointment times fill up fast, especially during the summer. I felt completely comfortable leaving my dress with them, and I was very happy with the results. I thought that their labor charges were reasonable for the amount of work that some alterations required. I would highly recommend them, as evidenced by the fact that I drove 2 ½ hours each way for multiple fittings. The wonderful service and custom fit of my dress was so worth it!
    Megan Married on 07/13/2019
    Brenda seriously is AMAZING! My dress is everything I could have hoped for. Thank you so much!☺️
    Alex Married on 06/29/2019

Truly Amazing Alterations!

I didn’t think I needed much done, they helped me make my dress fit me even better! I had the hips taken out, 3 bustle points added, and a hem. They worked in a timely manner and were very flexible with me when I had to change one of my appointments. I will be recommending them to everyone I know who needs alterations!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn Married on 05/18/2019

Comfortable and Affordable!

Amazing Alterations did an amazing job with my wedding dress. I ordered my dress online and it fit pretty well, but I had to have the front hemmed, support put in on the sides of the dress and three bustles added. It is a comfortable setting and everyone who works there is very polite and makes you feel at ease from the time you step into the shop. It was affordable and it only took me about 2 hours of my time for the fittings to get my dress fitted perfectly for the big day. I would 100% recommend them to anyone!
    Heidi Married on 04/27/2019

Highly recommend!

I needed a good amount of work done for my dress and Brenda + team did an awesome job! It was an hour drive to get to Anoka, but completely worth it. The price was fair for the amount of work they did. The Wedding Shoppe recommended that I go to Amazing Alterations for the type of dress I had and I’m so glad I did!
    Kayla Married on 11/02/2018
    The entire staff makes you feel so comfortable. Obviously I didn't know what I was doing and didn't know what to expect. They calmed any nerves I had AND Brenda made me feel so confident in my dress. Mine was more form fitting and I thought I had to wear all of these things under it to make me seem smaller. By the end of my final fitting she reminded me that I was beautiful and didn't need any extra stuff to look that way :) You can't put a price on that!
    Susan Married on 09/29/2018
    I cannot say enough about Amazing Alterations. I wish I could give ten stars!!!!!

I bought my wedding dress from Annika bridal in Minnesota. I then shipped my dress to Philadelphia (where I live). I got alterations in Philadelphia where I was told that the only way to bustle my dress was to remove all of the layers from the back of my dress and just leave the top two layers. I was heartbroken when I received my dress with the alterations. It looked completely different (see photos) and the woman basically laughed when I asked if we could sew the layers back in. This happened on the Monday before our Saturday wedding in Minneapolis.

I called Amazing Alterations on a whim, nearly chickening out from making the call because I felt so ridiculous asking for a Thursday appointment for a Saturday wedding (THREE DAYS before). They didn't bat an eye and made me an appointment for Thursday after our plane landed. I brought it in just hoping to feel better talking to people who cared-and they did care-SO MUCH! They were so nice! I would have left happy to just talk to them about the dress. But my mind was blown when Lindsey looked over the dress and said, "So, time is not an issue." She explained they would just sew all the layers back in. I came back less than 24 hours later to pick up my dress-completely restored to its original look with a new bustle design that held up all its layers with absolutely no issue-and it looked cute!

They honestly could have charged me whatever they wanted at this point-but their pricing was reasonable too. WHO ARE THESE MAGICAL DRESS WIZARDS??? I'm in love. Please take your dress here. Thank you Amazing Alterations!
    Kayla Married on 09/28/2018

Beautiful Dress

I loved my dress so much but was in between sizes! So I ordered a bigger size, plus I definately needed a hem. I was given Brenda's card but my family member and so glad I chose her. Brenda was super nice and reassuring that it would turn out perfect! My dress fit perfect the day of!
    Kelsey Married on 09/22/2018
    They seriously make dreams come true. Because of amazing alterations but more specifically Brenda I was able to have a private ceremony with my grandmother at her nursing home. Due to her being I'll we pushed the wedding way way up and I got another dress for my Nana to see. They helped me do this at an insanely affordable price and so fast I couldn't even believe it was possible. The work they did was so amazing and none of it would have been possible without them.
    Bonnie Married on 09/15/2018
    I absolutely loved working with Brenda at Amazing Alterations!!