Altered for the Altar

Dallas, Texas View map Visit website

Altered for the Altar is a professional garment-alteration company that specializes in wedding gowns and formal dresses. This company has more than 35 years of experience and is run by a mother-daughter duo, Ruth and Rylee Calvert, who treat each customer as if they were part of their family. Altered for the Altar has a 5,000-square-foot facility with an in-house sewing room so you can be confident that your gown will be safe and in good hands. They are open six days a week and have a flexible schedule so your needs can be accommodated.

Altered for the Altar offers in-house alterations for wedding gowns as well as dresses for bridesmaids, flower girls, and mothers of the happy couple. Their alterations typically take between two and three months, during which time you will be do an average of three fittings so everything will be just right. Along with alterations, they also provide dress customizations so that you’ll have a perfect fit and a perfect look. Their services are by appointment only, so you’ll get the individualized attention you deserve.

Other Services

Ruth and Rylee and their talented team also offer vintage restoration and gown re-presses, as well as spot-cleaning services and preservation. Custom veils and bridal belts are also available, if desired.

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

Under $500
$500 - $999

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Appointments Only
Full Customization
Preservation

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Bridal Gowns
Customary Attire
Garters
Jewelry
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months

What is your return policy?

Final Sales

• Charlotte
    Charlotte S. Married on 06/03/2021

Truly Amazing Experience

I had SUCH an amazing experience here! From the moment I walked in the door, I felt so comfortable. I was nervous to leave my dress with "just" anyone-- but they made it so easy. I loved that Ruth encouraged me to ask questions or point out concerns-- it really helped having her guidance to make decisions about where to alter the dress. For me, it was worth every single penny. I will absolutely use them in the future for any special occasion!!
  • F
    Frances B. Married on 03/09/2021

Amazing Work!

The team at Altered for the Altar are truly amazing! From calling to schedule my first fitting to taking home my dress, the process was seamless! EVERY employee I interacted with was friendly, professional, and genuinely excited for my Wedding Day. Between my first fitting and my last fitting, I lost over 25lbs. They made sure I felt comfortable and looked amazing on my Big Day! My Fiancé (now Husband) cried the moment he saw me walk into the Chapel and whispered that my dress looked perfect. I have Altered for the Altar to thank for that moment!
  • Jordanne
    Jordanne M. Married on 12/12/2020

Complete Lifesavers

I originally purchase my dress from a boutique in Tulsa, OK, and had taken my dress to their local recommended tailor. After ordering the size the boutique recommended, I took it to the tailor and after 30 minutes of struggling, we were unable to get the dress to fit. I left the appointment in tears, and decided, on the recommendation of two friends who had used AFTA, to take my dress here instead (I live in Rockwall, TX, so this was more convenient as well). During my first appointment they were able to zip the dress up (though it was a bit tight) and quelled any anxiety I had about not being able to wear my dress for my wedding day. They saw how worried I was about my dress situation, and were nothing but supportive and kind. I left the appointment feeling worlds better than I did coming in. They were able to fit the dress to me perfectly, I would recommend them to all brides!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Real Weddings

• Tiffany & Zach
    52 photos · 09/21/2019

1327 E. Levee St. Dallas, Texas, 75207

Monday-Friday 10am- 6pm Saturdays Appointments offered as well!
Location of (Altered for the Altar)

Other vendors in Dallas for your wedding