Altered for the Altar Reviews

Altered for the Altar 5
  • Charlotte

Charlotte Smith · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Truly Amazing Experience

I had SUCH an amazing experience here! From the moment I walked in the door, I felt so comfortable. I was nervous to leave my dress with "just" anyone-- but they made it so easy. I loved that Ruth encouraged me to ask questions or point out concerns-- it really helped having her guidance to make decisions about where to alter the dress. For me, it was worth every single penny. I will absolutely use them in the future for any special occasion!!

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • F

Frances Bricker · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Amazing Work!

The team at Altered for the Altar are truly amazing! From calling to schedule my first fitting to taking home my dress, the process was seamless! EVERY employee I interacted with was friendly, professional, and genuinely excited for my Wedding Day. Between my first fitting and my last fitting, I lost over 25lbs. They made sure I felt comfortable and looked amazing on my Big Day! My Fiancé (now Husband) cried the moment he saw me walk into the Chapel and whispered that my dress looked perfect. I have Altered for the Altar to thank for that moment!

Altered for the Altar 6
    Altered for the Altar 7
    Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Lacey

Lacey Wilson · Getting married on 03/06/2020

Best experience ever!

After picking up my dress at A&be, I knew that I wanted to get my Rue dress altered at "Altered by the Alter". I have heard many great things about their alterations and didn't want to go anywhere else. We drove all the way from Tulsa to do our three fittings and they made the experience perfect. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Rebecca Ryskoski · Married on 11/02/2019

Incredible custom built sleeves!

I cannot Say enough good things about Altered for the Altar! This mother/daughter run business did a perfect job! I added custom built sleeves to a nearly strapless dress, and it was so easy with them. I was able to order additional lace from the dress designer for them to use. I showed them where i wanted the sleeves to hit and they absolutely nailed it on the first go! They helped me turn it into my absolute dream dress and i cannot recommend them enough!

Altered for the Altar 8
    Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Sherri

Sherri Golkow · Married on 09/21/2019

My dress was in the right hands

So glad that I found Altered for the Altar! I found the perfect dress with very delicate lace. However, when it initially came in, it buckled in the chest area. I tried it on and immediately started crying, I was terrified that it wouldn’t be able to be fixed without messing up the lace. Both my photographer and florist recommended Altered for the Altar and I’m so glad they did. I was put at ease at my first appointment and knew my dress was in the right hands. They did a wonderful job; my dress fit like a glove when they were finished with it. So glad I found them!!

Altered for the Altar 9
    Altered for the Altar 10
    Altered for the Altar 11
    Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/21/2019

Great job!

The ladies at Altered for the Altar are very attentive, all while being quick and efficient. I needed my dress taken in, hemmed, and the lace sleeves brought in. It’s a little nerve-racking when you see your dress in the middle stages (during the second phase) when it’s in the process of being altered, but I was very excited at the last fitting to see the final product. Everything fit perfectly. Thanks for doing a great job!

Altered for the Altar 12
    Altered for the Altar 18
    Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 09/14/2019

So thankful for Altered for the Altar!!

I am so happy that I chose to get my dress altered at Altered for the Altar! They worked with my busy schedule and helped to get me in for my three dress fittings. I was a bit clueless to the alterations process for a wedding dress, and they made it all simple and easy for me to understand. They were so helpful in making little changes that I wanted to my dress and gave me options for alterations that I would have never thought about! They were extremely professional and helped me feel comfortable and confident about their work through the whole process. I had a very long train and intricate details all over my dress that I was concerned how they would look after alterations, but they blew me away with how amazing the dress looked. And they made is so easy for me and my bridesmaids to understand how to bustle my dress properly. On the day of the wedding, the dress fit like a glove and I could not have asked for my dress to have looked any better on me. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to get their wedding dress altered. Thank you so much for taking such great care of me and my dress!!

Altered for the Altar 19
    Altered for the Altar 26
    Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Amesberry85

Amy · Married on 08/24/2019

Such a pleasant experience!

This place was amazing, made you feel special right when you walked in the door. Several places wouldn’t alter my Hayley Paige gown, but they stepped up and did an amazing job, my dress looked gorgeous. I was able to meet the ladies who worked on my dress and they were just as happy to see me in it as I was.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Tyler Shahin · Married on 08/10/2019

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Thank you just doesn't cut it for the team at Altered for the Altar. They embody a company of talent and professionalism. Thanks to their expertise in knowing exactly how to fit my dress for my body , they were able to customize my dress perfectly so I could have confidence and flexibility in wearing my gown flawlessly throughout all the festivities of my big day! If you are a bride, search no further for an alterations vendor. Altered for the Altar was recommended to me, and I now am recommending them to you. Here's a video to prove how great they fit me for my dress for my wedding: https://vimeo.com/356762243

Altered for the Altar 27
    Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Henderson · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing Experience

I enjoyed my experience from beginning to end! So happy to be an Altered for the Altar bride!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Jessica Scott · Married on 07/26/2019

Fabulous !!! & highly recommended

Ruth, Rylee, & their team are seriously the best! They will always be real with you & customize your dress & accessories perfectly for your special day! My favorite part of my sessions are looking around the shop with a glass of champagne & speaking with the staff. They are always making me feel welcome. One of my sessions, I had a few too many plus ones tag along, & Altered for the Alter were able to accommodate them. I just love this place & they make me feel at home! I seriously can’t wait to be back! Thanks for everything y’all do!

Xoxo
    Jess

Altered for the Altar 28
    Sent on 06/26/2019

Sheeba K · Married on 07/21/2019

Wonderful experience

I absolutely enjoyed working with this team! I had a last minute emergency as my previous tailor would not alter my dress as they stated; however Ruth and her team immediately stepped up and ensured me that we were going to get it done--done within 5 days. My dress came out better than I expected and for that I am extremely grateful! Thank you for making my experience wonderful

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 07/20/2019

Perfect fit!

I had my dress altered, my veil touched up, a blusher veil made, my mom's dress altered, and my flower girl dress altered. We had to have everything done in a time crunch, during the middle of wedding season, and they had everything done perfectly and on time! My dress fit perfectly and felt so natural, which is a blessing considering how wedding dresses are.
    My flower girl dress was the one that I had worn when I was the flower girl in my aunt's wedding 20 years ago. They kept it in perfect condition and altered it, so that the dress wasn't cut. It fit perfectly on my flower girl and she absolutely loved wearing it!
    I am so impressed by the professionalism, kindness, and efficiency that they provided! Love, Zoe Register

Altered for the Altar 29
    Sent on 08/22/2019

Sara Einhorn · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful alterations

They were very easy to work with and helped me through the process. They also recommended what to wear underneath. My dress was beautiful!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Nicole W. · Married on 06/21/2019

Lovely Experience and Beautiful Dress

I adored the lady’s who helped make my day special. They took pride in helping make my dress truly my own. It fit perfectly and I was very pleased. I stayed in my dress all the way to our hotel for the evening. I just loved it. Thanks so much!

Altered for the Altar 30
    Sent on 07/01/2019

Preeya Seth · Married on 05/26/2019

Fantastic wedding alterations

Ruth and her team are fantastic. They were flexible with their schedules and fit me in as an out-of-town bride. Ruth is so knowledgable and everything they do is impeccable - they get it perfect the first time, and you are so confident in their work you almost feel you don't need to try the dress on one last time before the wedding! Ruth is so experienced, she knows exactly what to do!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Melissa Brennan · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing & effortless

The team here is amazing! Went above & beyond for me!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Laura · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful work & supportive atmosphere

I loved the beautiful work done by Altered for the Altar. The results were beyond our expectations. She is such an artist and has the knowledge and experience to help you figure out what you want and what will work for you. The atmosphere is very relaxed and supportive. Never judgemental. I climbed a fence during my wedding in an extreme plunge dress and nothing showed in the pictures.. she is a miracle worker. Don't forget your shoes and undergarmets!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 04/12/2019

Great team!

The team at Altered for the Altar couldn’t be better at what they do! They are so passionate about wedding dresses and really take care of you. They were very clear on their pricing and timing. My dress fit perfectly, and I have them to thank.

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna Oliver · Married on 03/30/2019

Highly recommend these ladies! ❤️

Loved working with Altered for the Altar for my wedding dress alterations. I chose a very delicate lace dress that involves super high quality handiwork, so I knew going with Altered for the Altar was the right decision. My dress fit absolutely perfectly! I couldn't have been more pleased. Thank you so much to these ladies for their great work - such a great decision!

Altered for the Altar 31
    Altered for the Altar 32
    Altered for the Altar 33
    Sent on 06/03/2019

Sarah · Married on 03/17/2019

Uniquely Designed

Wonderful! They made my dress flawless!

Sent on 03/19/2018
  • Roslyn

Roslyn · Married on 03/14/2019

A Team you can Trust

Finding someone to trust with altering your wedding dress is not an easy task! When I first walked into Altered for the Alter I felt so comfortable and you could tell immediately that they 100% knew what they were doing! Both my wedding dress and rehearsal dresses turned out beautifully and they were so helpful with undergarments as well! I will most likely be coming back for dress cleaning and preservation!

Altered for the Altar 34
    Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Cassie

Cassie · Married on 03/02/2019

I lost 50 lbs and had a full lace wedding dress

The title says it all. I was excited to be in better health, but my dress was entirely lace, and it was WAY too big. After an insane amount of research, I decided to go with Altered for the Altar. I can't imagine anyone doing a better job! My dress looked like it was brand new when they finished it! They also ordered a custom bustier to wear underneath it and made sure it didn't show at all. Incredible experience! (One "BEFORE" picture posted - the rest are all from the wedding.)

Altered for the Altar 35
    Altered for the Altar 36
    Altered for the Altar 37
    Altered for the Altar 38
    Altered for the Altar 39
    Sent on 03/26/2019

Liz · Married on 12/08/2018

THE BEST of the best!

I was fortunate enough to not need any major alterations on my dress but since my gown was head to toe lace, I was concerned about the alterations given the delicate nature.

A + Be where I purchased my dress recommended Altered for the Alter and I am SO glad that they did. From the second I walked through the door, I knew I was in great hands. The entire team at Altered for the Alter is knowledgeable, kind, and helpful.

I was pleasantly surprised that the alterations only took a few weeks and not several months like some of the other alteration shops in the area.

If you are looking for alterations that will keep your mind at ease, do not go anywhere but here!

Sent on 01/31/2019

Selinda · Married on 11/19/2018

The ladies working here were all so nice and super accommodating. They also seemed very professional and made my dress perfect. It’s a little scary taking your $1000+ dress to someone for them to alter it and not mess it up, but they did an amazing job!! My favorite thing about them was how flexible they were with me! I ended up postponing my wedding after my first fitting and I was really worried if I kept getting my dress altered it wouldn’t fit me by the time I got married. However they were so nice in letting me put a hold on the alterations and continuing a couple of months later once my wedding was back on. I loved them! I give them 5 stars!!

Sent on 08/08/2018