1908 Forest Hill Dr, Austin, TX 78745 Map · Phone number

About AJH Photography

My name is Arol J. Horkavy., and I am passionate about photography. I specialize in candid imagery with a photojournalistic approach. I am committed to creating dynamic images, providing personalized service and delivering stunning photographic collections to reflect the spirit, emotion and beauty of your wedding day. My product is seamless and affordable. My styles range from modern to contemporary classic and everything in between.

Follow AJH Photography on

AJH Photography 6
AJH Photography 7
  • Y

Yisel · Married on 03/22/2018

Prior to our wedding, I’d been following Arol’s IG page for some time. I fell in love with his work right way, and was not surprised when I saw his name on a list of recommended photographers I’d requested from my coordinator. We made the easy decision to book him for our engagement pictures and wedding day right away. Although my husband and I are EXTREMELY camera shy and absolutely dislike taking pictures, it was very important that everything be perfectly captured at our engagement session and wedding. Arol not only made us feel at ease, he selected the most beautiful backdrop (camp Ben) for our engagement pictures. It was exactly what I’d pictured and expressed to him. Our wedding day pictures...I don’t even have the words to accurately describe what an exceptional job Arol did at capturing our wedding day. Even our family, friends, and co-workers were blown away by our pictures! He has a very special eye and technique, that allows him to capture so many emotions and gorgeous images so perfectly. I found myself laughing, crying, and feeling smitten as I went through our pictures. I was finally able to put together the events of our wedding day which had been a total blur up to that point. Arol surpassed our expectations and we were so lucky he was available to capture these special moments. Im not sure we could ever thank him enough for delivering such flawless photography on both of these special occasions!

Sent on 06/06/2018
    AJH Photography 15
    AJH Photography 16
    AJH Photography 17

Molly · Married on 08/05/2017

Arol was one of our favorite vendors we worked with during our wedding planning process. He was also one of the first vendors we booked, second only to the venue itself. We knew immediately that we wanted to book him (my now-husband, in particular, is picky about photography but flipped through one of Arol's albums at the venue - since he's the preferred photographer of our venue, another testament to his work - and said "This guy is amazing"). I can't talk enough about his 1) friendliness, 2) professionalism, and 3) photography skills. Like I said before, Arol is one of our favorite vendors to work with. He always responds promptly to emails (and I've had experiences where vendors take weeks...NOT Arol. Give him a day, max!) and has no problem talking to you over the phone and answering all of your questions (I had many! And he was so patient). His friendliness and easygoing attitude puts you at ease. But he's also so, so professional. And, of course, his photography skills are unparalleled. He also has you fill out an informative shot sheet prior to the wedding so that you can articulate any particular shots you want and any other details he needs to know. I was extremely impressed by this thorough and excellent preparation. But anyway, back to his photography...the price is on the higher side, yes, but it is worth the splurge and is extremely fair for the quality AND sheer quantity of photos he provides you. Trust me, we were pinching pennies but AJH Photography was one investment we correctly believed was worth the price. I was impressed not only by how beautiful my photos were, but also by how many he provided. AND, you get all the rights to the photos, which saves you so much money being able to print them yourselves. Finally, the packaging in which we received our final product had some extra goodies in it (I won't spoil for anyone who books him)...under promises, over delivers!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/26/2017

About 4 years ago I got to see Leon Bridges in a venue with about 12 people. This was before he was selling out arenas, showing up on Grammy red carpets, and getting covers on Rolling Stone magazine. This is how I feel about Arol. He is so above and beyond talented, and should (and probably will soon) be doing the weddings of celebrities and royalty.

If you know anything about photography, you don't need to read this review, because a few seconds on his website and you'll see that he's in a different league than the rest, and you've probably already booked him. Even without knowing much about photography, you'll still be able to feel his photos with your heart, and not just see them with your eyes. This is because he puts his heart into his craft. Something that websites also can't describe is personality. From the moment I met Arol I felt great. He has this happiness and passion that is truly contagious, and had he not been at my wedding taking photos, I would have wanted him there as a guest. He has so much fun taking the photos, and we all see and feel that, and it makes all of the photos that much better - because we were all happy to take them because he was behind the camera.

Do yourself a favor and book him before he's too famous and too expensive for any of us to afford. He is without a doubt the best in the business, and by hiring him you will see this like we did.

Sent on 06/01/2017

AJH Photography FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the starting price? Add'l Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Toning, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Liability Insurance
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Negatives, Prints, Proofs

• Mr. Thrill DJ PLUS
    Mr. Thrill DJ PLUS Wedding DJs

I worked with Arol on several receptions. Very personal, laid back, and fun! His photography is excellent. I use his photos on my website. He also did family portraits with us at the Capitol building. Look forward to doing more events with him.

• Memory Lane Event Center
    Memory Lane Event Center Barn & Farm Weddings

Always a pleasure to work with and does absolutely amazing work!

• Greenbelt DJ Productions