Richmond, VA, Richmond, VA 23225 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,500
Availability Check your date

About A Lovely Photo

Hi, I'm Shawnee!

I'm a queer feminist photographer with a big heart and a no-fuss kinda attitude.

I've been documenting weddings for over 10 years, and feel completely at home when surrounded by a ton of strangers having the time of their lives. I focus less on heavily posed portraits, and more on emotions felt and moments experienced.

I’m a sucker for raw human emotion, and live for the fleeting in-between moments that seem to pass us by so quickly. I strive to make sure my images are bright and colorful, and chock-full of down to earth realness. If you want someone that is going to help talk you through the nervous last moments, shed a tear at the ceremony, bust a move on the dance floor with you, capture all those little moments you didn’t even realize were happening, and feel more like a new friend by the end of the day rather than just the photographer…then let’s talk!

I am laid back and try to blend into your event without being in the way or making the whole day feel like a photo shoot. Getting to truly know my couples is an important part of this process. I want you to be comfortable, and I won't overly direct you, interrupt what is naturally happening, or put you in weird awkward poses. Your expressions will be natural and reflect who you truly are. I believe the best photos are created when your personality gets to shine through an already incredible moment, and I'll be right there to capture the realness.

I love and appreciate all kinds of relationships and celebrations, and will travel wherever your heart desires to be apart of your ideal moment in time. Travel is included in every single package.

Blaze your own path, and I’ll be right there cheering you on along the way.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. Let's work together to create some incredible memories. I can't wait to meet you!

Follow A Lovely Photo on

3 Reviews for A Lovely Photo

A Lovely Photo 1
A Lovely Photo 2

Justin Mccallum · Married on 06/30/2018

The Photographer picked by a Wedding Photographer!

As a wedding photographer myself, I thought choosing someone to document my wedding was going to be stressful and the hardest task of all of our planning. Then entered Shawnee, and she is 110% hands down the best decision we made.

Our photos are absolutely breathtaking - creative and intimate, joyful and personal. She put my husband and me at ease in front the camera where we can tend to feel awkward, made us look flattering in our more-to-love bodies, and accommodated every request we had and our crazy wedding parties+families. She was simultaneously the life of the party and a fly on the wall. Shawnee went above and beyond, traveling to our destination wedding early to assuage anxiety and even did a photoshoot with at sunrise in our favorite park when we realized it wouldn’t fit into our wedding day plans (and for incredibly great light). My mom still raves about her and even went out to buy the exact lipstick Shawnee wore to our wedding the day after because she wanted to be just like the coolest wedding photographer ever.

If you’ve gotten this far into this review, and aren’t convinced yet, I don’t know what to say besides BOOK SHAWNEE C (and then become her friend, she throws awesome Parks and Rec themed parties, you guys)!!!!!

A Lovely Photo 3
    A Lovely Photo 4

Tiffany · Married on 11/28/2015

Absolutely loved "A Lovely Photo". Shawnee was professional and fun and did an outstanding job! She comes highly recommended, and we will use her in the future for our professional photography needs.

Garrett · Married on 04/17/2015

I would highly recommend A Lovely Photo any couple that is planning to get married.

A Lovely Photo FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Natural
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

• Richmond, VA 23221 See on map