San Francisco, CA 94114 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About A Girl and A Camera Photography

We are a team passionate about telling people’s stories. We believe life is not ordinary and flawless – and there is beauty in that. All of our images are hand-crafted from start to finish and our heart and soul goes into the creation of them.

We are inspired by love.

We call San Francisco home but travel worldwide.

About the Girl:

I am Jennifer Michelson and I am the girl behind the camera. I created A Girl and A Camera Photography in 2008 but have been around cameras my whole life. My Dad was a photographer so I learned from the best. Some people craft amazing stories in written word, others tell beautiful tales with music. I take pictures. Photography is my voice.

Something you should know about me: I will probably cry at your wedding. I cry at all of them. I will make all sorts of OOOH’s and AHHHH’s (only when appropriate of course) behind the camera. What can I say – I love my job and it’s my passion.

Follow A Girl and A Camera Photography on

e17e574cef320c90 1508445877880 agirlandacameraphotographyjennifermichelson02
agirlandacameraphotographyjennifermichelson02

6 Reviews for A Girl and A Camera Photography

Max · Married on 05/23/2015

Jennifer & team KILLED IT at our wedding. Not only are our photos the best we could imagine, but the true testament to a great event photographer is we didn't even notice they were there. The photos captured the feeling of the wedding at every stage and looked like they were right in the middle of the action. Perfectly edited, amazing style and super nice and professional while being laid back, we can't recommend A Girl and A Camera photography highly enough!

We've already booked Jennifer for more shoots.

Simply the best!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2013

We used A Girl and A Camera Photography for both our engagement session and wedding day and could not be happier with the results of both shoots. Jen and her assistant Jeff captured every single moment of the day without being intrusive or pushy. They made us feel completely comfortable in front of the camera and really captured the essence of our wedding day.

We experienced some unexpected rain prior to the ceremony. Jen and Jeff rolled with the punches and were unphased by the change in events and altered timeline. We have many shots that are priceless and could not be more thankful that they were captured on film. Thank you so much for the beautiful photos and being so easy to work with. I highly recommend A Girl and A Camera for all of your photography needs and cannot wait to work with her again in the future.

Sent on 10/08/2013

A Girl and A Camera Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    High-Res Images
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4000.00
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    High-Res Images
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
    Vintage
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Prints
    Proofs
    Save the Date

• A Day Like No Other Wedding Planners

I had the pleasure of working with Jennifer (the "girl with the camera") on a big wedding lately, and her photos are so incredibly beautiful, capturing the special atmosphere of the day - from the solemn moments at the ceremony to the lighthearted exuberance of the Grand Entrance of the bridal party and the dinner and dancing. No detail too small to showcase to its best advantage, some with quirkiness - others with elegance. Moreover, Jennifer was a great team player throughout the event and was always a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended!

• San Francisco, California, 94114 See on map
    510-592-5409 (Phone number)
    Location of (A Girl and A Camera Photography)