598 Searsmont Rd, Union, ME 04862 Map · Phone number

About 5iveLeaf Photography

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever."The Notebook

Tim is from North Carolina. I am from Maine. A series of crazy cosmic events led him here to me when I was 12, and he was 13 years old. Our first date was to a soccer game. I was in the 7th grade. We experienced all of the ups and downs of first love. We grew to be best friends, lovers, and eventually parents. We have now been married for 10 years. We have two awesome girls and we still can't get enough of each other. We have many stories, but here is the story of how we were led to photography...

I have had a passion for photography since I was a young girl. I took photos of absolutely everything that I could when I was a kid and spent too much of my moms money developing rolls of film that were full of pictures of my cat, friends, and random objects found in nature. As a teenager I received my first "real" camera and I went crazy experimenting with the manual settings and zoom lens. I took the only photography class offered in my high school and learned how to develop film in a dark room. I was drawn to photographing people and especially loved capturing their eyes. This is a theme that you will still see in my work today.

I graduated high school and focused on finding a career that I could enjoy but that would also pay the bills. I graduated with my Master's Degree in Occupational therapy, and somehow, as I navigated the waters of my new career, photography was lost. No one ever told me that this passion could turn into a career.

In 2006 my husband Tim, and I had our first child. Emma was perfect and we didn't want to miss a thing! We took thousands of pictures with our point and shoot. My brother, a sports reporter and photographer was selling his DSLR so we bought that from him for a steal. Tim and I then spent hours photographing Emma, and eventually, our second daughter as well. Before long we were photographing friends and their children on a regular basis and having a blast! At some point Tim and I looked at each other and realized that if we started charging a small fee then we could buy some better gear and have a good excuse to spend some time together doing what we love. Initially our goal was to have a hobby that would pay for itself.

Tim is a total technology geek. He owns his own business as a graphic and web designer and he is great at it. He has one of those crazy brains that allows him to be both creative and technical at the same time. He loves researching new gear and experimenting with lighting techniques. This is a great thing because technology is not my thing! We make a great pair.

As of the summer of 2014 I will be leaving my full time career as an occupational therapist and returning to my passion for photography. Tim and I believe in following your passion. We believe in love. We believe in marriage. We believe in capturing the innocence of our children, and that parents should be in photos with their kids. We believe in having fun with every photo shoot. We believe that because we are so comfortable with each other, that you will be comfortable with us as well. Our goal with every session that we have is to make beautiful photos that move you. Wether we are photographing your wedding, newborn, or your senior who is preparing to graduate from high school our mission is the same...to provide you with images that illicit emotion. If you look at your wedding photos and both laugh and cry then we have done our job!

~ Kristen

We are currently photographing in the mid-coast Maine area and are so blessed to have such a gorgeous place to call home. That being said we love to travel as well so if you live or are getting married some place awesome let us know!

Follow 5iveLeaf Photography on

robynralph 20120825175428 edit

4 Reviews for 5iveLeaf Photography

Brittany · Married on 12/14/2018

Photos are amazing!!!

We hired Kristen and Tim because 1.) They are a husband and wife team that take amazing photos. 2.) They take amazing photos. 3.) They are GREAT to work with. 4.) Did I mention they take amazing photos??
    We actually ended up changing our wedding date just to hire Kristen and Tim, and they did not disappoint. Kristen hung out with the girls while we got ready while Tim took off and got photos of our freshly decorated venue as well as some adorable shots of the guys trying to put on cuff links and ties. Throughout the night they got plenty of emotional shots and PLENTY of candids. They also made sure to stop in our photo booth! I highly recommend checking out 5iveleaf Photography for your next special occasion.

Sent on 01/03/2019

5iveLeaf Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your awesome review Brittany!! We love you and Brian and we’re so happy to capture your special day!! XO

Adam · Married on 08/09/2014

Tim and Kristen photographed our wedding in Camden last month and after getting the photos, we are extremely satisfied with our experience.

From the get-go Kristen was very communicative and wanted to learn as much about us as she could to get a better idea of what our relationship was like and the best way to capture it in photos.

Throughout the day, they were a constant source of stress relief, and helped to keep everyone relaxed during photo time. Cheerful and understanding, they worked with us to get the best bang for our buck.

And the photos, I don't know how to describe how pleased we are! They're simply amazing! They captured the events of the day perfectly, adding their subtle creative touch to enhance the quality of the photo.

We would recommend 5iveleaf to anyone, regardless of what you need photographed, they are consummate professionals, and wonderful, friendly people.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Pamela · Married on 05/18/2014

Excellent service and beautiful photos!

Sent on 07/11/2014

5iveLeaf Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3400.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4000
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    Albums
    Prints
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints
    Proofs

• 598 Searsmont Rd Union, 04862 See on map
    2073580229 (Phone number)
    Location of (5iveLeaf Photography)