511 6th Avenue Suite 325, New York, NY 10011 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 30

About 14 Stories

14 Stories has been the trusted planner of stunning LGBTQ weddings since 2004, working with hundreds of couples from around the world.

We work with an incredibly talented, carefully screened and fun team of mostly LGBT-owned vendors to create stylish and perfectly executed once in a lifetime celebrations that are a true reflection of your love for one another. For each full service wedding, we make a donation to marriage equality charity on each couple's first anniversary.

Our services include full and partial wedding planning, production and design - and boutique elopement packages for intimate weddings with 0-20 guests.

Founder Bernadette Smith is the author of three books on same-sex weddings and is the gay wedding expert blogger on TheKnot.com and The Huffington Post. Our work has been featured in national and local wedding magazines and blogs, and in the New York Times and CNN.

boston public library gay wedding 9
2011021074
bostonlesbianwedding 9
thompsonislandwedding2
14 Stories
d marthas vineyard lesbian wedding
joannaanna 278
provincetown gay wedding 3
gay wedding ptown 2
14 Stories
d gay wedding at a broadway theatre
tbslideshow0022
2011021074

• Videos 3

6 Reviews for 14 Stories

Teresa · Married on 10/15/2011

14 stories helped to make our dream come true with our wedding this past October. From beginning to finish, they helped guide us through what needed to happen and pointed us to our florist and bakery. We had them help us get our license expedited and they walked us through the whole process. The day of the event, they had someone join us and work with the venue to ensure everything happened and looked amazing.

Because of 14 stories, we got married. They gave us confidence and encouragement that we could actually get married. In a time of uncertainty, they helped us feel our union was just as it should be - legal and legit.

I want to thank them for all they did for my wife and me. We are so thrilled they are able to expand their services beyond MA as more states open their eyes. I would recommend them to anyone wanting assistance planning a wedding. I cannot thank them enough. We are truly grateful to them and are so happy we had them help us plan and make our day happen.

Thank you 14 Stories and Bernadette!

Sent on 11/12/2011

Erica · Married on 05/29/2011

We just had our wedding last weekend and since then we have pretty much talked about every second we get a chance. It was the best wedding I could have ever dreamed of and there is no way we could have done it without Bernadette and her team at 14 stories! From start to finish Bernadette listened to exactly what we wanted and walked us through every single step of making it a reality. Bernadette has a very mellow and calm demeanor which made the process so much more enjoyable and less stressful for my wife and I. Without the organization, vendor contacts and overall knowledge of 14 stories our wedding would have never come to fruition. The day of our wedding I was able to get up and not stress about about name card placements and last minute tasks because I knew that Bernadette was right on top of everything and we were in good hands. The wedding turned out better than I could have ever imagined and we have Bernadette to thank for that. It was amazing! Anyone who is looking to have an advocate, friend, listener, knowledgeable, calming influence, organized wedding planner should look no further than 14 stories! Thank you Bernadette for making Hayley and my wedding everything we ever dreamed of and beyond!

Sent on 06/03/2011

J · Married on 05/14/2011

14 Stories helped us create the wedding of our dreams. We wanted a full weekend wedding on the ocean and Bernadette found us the perfect spot. She handled everything from coordinating the invitations and mailing them, to arranging guest travel and transportation, to designing all of the beautiful flowers. We literally could not have had our wedding without the help of 14 Stories. I highly recommend them. They were with us every step of the way, through all the planning and through 3 days of events. Bernadette is fun, calm and very creative and organized. We love 14 Stories!

Sent on 07/05/2011

• What wedding planning services do you offer? Full Planning, Partial Planning
  • How many planners are on your team? 2

• Cheryl Levine Photography
    Cheryl Levine Photography Wedding Photographers

I have worked with Bernadette for many years! She knows and understands what couples need...I highly recommend her services!

• Cocktail Caterers
    Cocktail Caterers Wedding Caterers

The Go-To Company for everything LGBT. Bernadette is a plethra of knowledge.

• Allure Consulting
    Allure Consulting Wedding Planners

No one knows the gay wedding industry like Bernadette. She is truly at the very top of this awesome pyramid. I have personally learned so much from her and continue to be inspired by 14 Stories, the work they do, and the couples that hire them.

• 511 6th Avenue, Suite 325 New York, 10011 See on map