Yours Truly Lighting and Decor

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I booked Anna for uplighting at my recent wedding. The lighting and cost were amazing! I communicated with Anna on email only and was able to mail all payments via check to her. This worked out well for me. I would recommend Anna for your lighting needs. When I first booked with her, others had told me and I had read reviews that she was not very responsive. This is true, however, I trusted that she knew what she was doing and that if there was an issue she would reach out. Everything worked out well for me and my wedding and I was very happy. I would definitely book with Anna and her team again and I will continue to refer her to my friends!

Recently Married

Words can not describe what an amazing job Anna and her team did with our lighting and wedding decor!

Our wedding was held in the courtyard at the Art's Club of Washington (perfect venue). It needed a few special touches and Anna delivered. I had an idea of using picado banners and cantina lights -- she took it from there! She created an altar, hung the banners, provided cantina lights, AND did the up lighting for the reception. She worked with my budget and helped make my dream wedding come true!

She answers email and phone calls promptly and is very creative. I couldn't be happier with Yours Truly!!

2.5

My wedding was just a week and a half ago. I have never written a bad review in my life, but I feel the need to warn other brides. I should have known when Anna showed up to meet me 30 minutes late, that she would not be reliable. She assured me should be able to everything I wanted. I asked for TONS of string lighting in my main tent and beautiful chandeliers. She charged me 350 per chandelier, and originally I was going to go with Something Vintages beautiful chandeliers (which I should have) but she said I saw on their website they're charging over 400, and offered me a cheaper price. They turned out to look so cheap, I could have bought them for a cheaper price than I rented them for. I also told Anna I would have 6-8 tables outside, and wanted string lighting to go over all of them, as if there was a tent over them. I also told her I may get a tent to go over the 6-8 tables if the weather forecast showed rain, and she said she could absolutely do that. We also agreed on doing lanterns outside around the pathways and on trees. Long story short- she took forever and a day to get back to me, to send me a contract, and send me an invoice (I have no idea why I kept going with her) I emailed her 3 days before the event and said we are getting a tent for the 6-8 tables outside now because it's going to rain, and she said that is absolutely fine, and they will put the string lighting in there. Now- on my wedding day, she had a family emergency, and was not there (which I understand, things up, and I'm sorry for her for that) there was NO, and I mean, NO lighting in the second tent. My 60 guests were in complete darkness. They had to go and put all the lanterns in the tent to give them some light. After all this, I sent her an email, and we emailed back and forth, all she had was excuses. She lied and said I had said there would be 4 tables outside, which I 100percent told her there would be 6-8. There was never 4 outside so I don't know where she'd get that from. If sh

Services Used: Lighting & Decor

Our daughter's wedding was perfect, thanks to Anna...!

Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Anna was amazing! She put together the princess wedding of my wife's dream while working with our budget and time schedule. From inception to completion, there wasn't a detail that Anna didn't have either completed or recommendations for so the decisions didn't hold up the process. The day of the wedding, she was on top of everything, including the unplanned hiccups that occurred. She made our day magical, and I would highly recommend Yours Truly to anyone looking to make an event more than just memorable.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Yours Truly, owner, Anna, went above and beyond anything I would do myself for a bride. I was a catering & sales manager for years, dealing with quite a few brides & had they asked my to say hand make their bouquet with pendants of their deceased grandparents on it (she also found the pendants & shrank the photos herself). Or had they asked me to take 5,000 fake, compressed rose petals, which she pulled apart, individually, because I wanted a design in rose petals on the aisle, I can't say I would have done it. My favorite song is "All I ask of you", from phantom of the opera, and my fiancé & Anna arranged to surprise me & change our first dance to that song AND Anna found a way to have the half mask & rose from the play projected on the wall behind us dancing. Not only did she work around the clock getting several sleepless nights to ensure our wedding was perfect, she spent her birthday at our wedding, making sure it went off without a hitch. I could continue on for pages, but I'll end with this, you won't find a better wedding planner out there. She treats every wedding as special as if it were her own, and you can't ask for more than that!

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I first saw their work at the Corcoran Gallery of Art, and I was very impressed. Yours Truly is really a well established, top notch lighting and decor company. Women owned, but strong enough to carry their own weight on site. Worth the investment, as their prices are very fair! We hire them for most of our weddings that require outside lighting. I highly recommend Anna and her expert team! :)

1+ year ago

Yours Truly is fabulous! I've worked with Anna professionally many times and always had good experiences, so I knew exactly who I wanted to go to for my wedding.

Our venue was simple but very dramatic and just begged for some elegant lighting to set off the architecture. Anna "got" exactly what I was talking about and we ended up with a beautiful, warm wash over the venue's walls and dance floor. It really enhanced the ambience of the event and made our pictures look great.

Protip: Like a lot of independent event vendors, Anna runs her own business and is a busy lady, so email early and have patience! The quality of her work is great, and it is well worth the occasional game of phone tag.

Sarah
10/06/2013

Yours Truly was recommended by a friend who had used them for her daughter's wedding, and also by the florist whom we used. Owner Anna Epstein met with us to look at the space and make suggestions - which we needed, since we knew nothing about uplighting and other lighting effects. She was very willing to make adjustments to meet our budget. The result - which we could not have imagined - was spectacular. We got so many comments from guests who knew the space well and could not believe how beautifully it had been transformed. Uplighting, a pattern of light projected onto the dance floor, and beautiful colored paper lanterns created a warm and timeless ambience that added so much to our celebration. Anna was wonderful to work with. We recommend Yours Truly without hesitation. AND THAT'S NOT ALL - Anna also does wedding planning, and in our case she was the "day-of" coordinator. She was fantastic. Very calm, supportive, able to anticipate so many needs, very diplomatic and attentive to detail, and responsive She was also very reasonably priced - I'd given up on this service after being quoted absurdly high rates from others. I'm so glad we found and used Anna and, again, recommend her wholeheartedly and without reservation.

Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Yours Truly Lighting and Decor made our backyard, rustic, blugrass-themed wedding out of this world. Owner, Anna Epstein, went out of her way to be sure all of our requests were met with ease.
Recomended by a family member, we thought we were just going to discuss lighting options for our venue during our first meeting with Anna. However, Anna has a long list of wedding planning services she offers at a very reasonable price. Anna was there for us through everything; picking out flowers, scheduling vendors (even the grouchy tent vendor who I was afraid to speak to), picking out decor, music, food, and managing our schedule the day of the event. One memory in particular stands out as we were setting up the day before; Anna made sure I had time to myself to do some last minute shopping for my Honeymoon. As I was leaving for the mall, Anna asked me to place a bag inside on the table. I asked what was in it and she said shims I made for the tables and chairs incase they get wobbly on the uneven ground. WHO THINKS OF THIS STUFF?? Anna, does. She thinks of everything!
Anna is professional and a wealth of wedding knowledge.
Give her a call, you won't be disappointed.

Services Used: Wedding Planning
1+ year ago

Yours Truly provided the string cafe lights in the reception tent for my September 2013 wedding. While it took awhile to get a response, once I did, they were great to work with. They strung our tent with almost 2,000 bistro lights, and the result was truly magical. Would definitely recommend!

Services Used: Lighting & Decor

We met Anna Epstein at a wedding expo at George Mason University. We immediately hit it off, her personality was upbeat and ready to get the job done. Not only was she an awesome person but her pricing was excellent as well. It fit right into our budget. Anna told us that we could contact her day or night if we had any questions or concerns. She made us feel very comfortable trusting her with the responsibility of our wedding. She handled timing and execution flawlessly. She helped us with contacting vendors and confirming reservations. She came through for us big time, two weeks before the wedding and we had forgotten to hire a bartender. Thankfully, Anna managed to find someone at the last minute. The bartender even helped out with setting up the wedding. She stayed up late the night before putting together the girls bouquets, which were gorgeous! Anna was excellent at delegating the help (A.K.A.-our friends). The lighting and decor was beyond anything we could have ever imagined, it was beautiful. Anna was really there for us and made our day so special we will never forget the experience we had with her.

-Neal and Jessica Kennedy

Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Anna is UH-MAY-ZING. She did all of my planning, not just my lighting, and I can't say enough about her help. Literally, no exaggeration, I do not think I would have had any fun planning my wedding without her (I MIGHT have married Groomzilla...). She is knowledgeable (I mean, she really knows her shtuff), efficient (binders, people!) and makes everything fun. I seriously could not have done it without her. I highly recommend her to anyone looking, and would be happy to directly contact for a reference through Anna!

Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Anna is truly the best. I was putting together my "dream" weddding and said .......I MUST have a chadelier OUTSIDE....not sure how to pull that off but it is happening! Needless to say Anna made it ALL happen! She is a class act who was part of what became......MY DREAM WEDDING....could not have asked for more!

Services Used: Lighting & Decor

We had decided to get married on a date sentimental to us. This day happened to be a Friday. So, why not? We can do this. 1 week notice, intimate wedding ceremony. We didn't have a clue. No Minister, no Flowers, no Photographer, no Decorations, and no Food. HELP
And that is exactly what I got from Yours Truly Lighting and Decor. Everything was handled with such finesse. No stress and I mean none. All we had to do was be a the location of the ceremony. Beautiful would be an understatement. Everything was beyond perfect. Down to the Bird of Paradise Bouquet and Boutonniere. In January WOW

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Flowers, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning